People Annoy Me!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pitridge
  • 3 Post By stargatemommy
  • 1 Post By Leanne78

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just learned that about a weeks ago when My DH announced on his FB wall that we were expecting baby #2, one of our old friends (we haven't spoken to her in a few years, off FB) responded with this:

"If I see one more pregnancy announcement I am going to scream! How do you expect me to be happy when I am so miserable? Why do you get what I want?!"

Now I understand that it is tough to be in her position, because I HAVE BEEN THERE. But come on! REALLY!?! It is just rude to respond to our announcement that way! Maybe, if you are unhappy, just don't respond!

March 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. She just shouldn't respond.

March 18th, 2012, 08:38 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are right to be upset but that post sounds like a serious cry for help... Maybe tell her about these boards? Maybe she is going through loss or infertility and could use some support...

I am sorry she rained on your excitement... are you able to delete her post?

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

March 18th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I know it can be hard seeing everyone else having healthy babies and easy pregnancies and how upsetting that can be.

It was inappropriate for her to say that though.
I don't think she intentionally meant to be hurtful.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
March 19th, 2012, 04:40 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I would have deleted her comment and send her a private message explaining how innapropriate her comment was. I understand how she feels, but she does not need to post such things on your wall, let alone a very public place like Facebook. Maybe she does not know the hurt you went through, or maybe she doe not care. Either way, very innapropriate. I'm sorry she would say such a thing and hurt your feelings either way.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
March 19th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow! I can't believe someone would even write that! I'm so sorry

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 19th, 2012, 05:37 AM
mom2moose
She shouldn't have said that. Period. End of story. I'm sorry.
March 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How rude of her!! I'm sorry that she made your happy announcement was ruined by her unnecessary comment. Even if she was hurting, she didn't have the right to take it out on you. HUGS!!

=May '05 and '11

March 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She should of either not responded or just say congrats. You can always send a private message to say how miserable you are, but there is no need to post that kind of comment on FB, it's rude and tasteless. I hope your husband deleted the post.
mom2moose likes this.

March 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The thing is that she KNOWS that I have had my share of "infertility" heartache. She KNOWS that conceiving Peter was REALLY hard, and had I not given it that one last cycle of trying before giving up, I might not even have him!

I think she is upset that it was so easy for me this time, and that it's not fair. While I think it is perfectly fair. I think I suffered enough to get Peter, and now that I know what my problems are, I am not going to ignore them. I am going to do what is necessary so that my babies live!
missy123, mollymalone and Belita like this.

March 19th, 2012, 08:27 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
That's very rude. I don't care what a person is going through, they have no right to be so rude. They have no clue what YOU went through to get to that pregnancy. Ughhh people like that really irritate me.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm with Liz, I don't care what she's gone through, that's just completely inappropriate and immature. I'd delete the post and probably her. I'm not sure I would even respond honestly. I might just send her the number for a good therapist.
humnck likes this.

March 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
That was so out of line. I know in the past I just refrained from making comments when it was to painful.
Does she know about boards like this? It does sound like she could use some support of her own. Hopefully she will realize what she said and apologize.

March 20th, 2012, 08:47 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Wow...that is rude. I know that when people announced pregnancies when I wanted to be pregnant more than anything in the world, it hurt but I was always cordial to the person. That is when I came on here and would vent...I would have never done it to the pregnant person! I am so sorry.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I went to tell her about JM and the support she can find here, only to find that she unfriended me! Boo on her!

March 20th, 2012, 08:52 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Then she really wasn't worth your time and not someone I would care to support on this board. Sorry.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 20th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! That is so hard, because you feel for her, because you have gone through such hard times to get what you wanted too, but seriously, I can't imagine saying that to anyone. When I was going through my 2nd loss, people were posting left and right, I'm pregnant, I'm due, I was happy for them, sad for me, but would always say Congrats to them, you should never take away someones happiness!

Congrats to you!! She is clearly not in her right mind...

March 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargatemommy View Post
I went to tell her about JM and the support she can find here, only to find that she unfriended me! Boo on her!
Not worth even a second of your thoughts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search