cloth diapers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JessP

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Calling all you cloth diapering mammas! Im so confused. Which ones are your favourites? Im thinking AI1 or AI2 are my preferance. Brands?? Help me please!!

[/url
March 21st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I honestly like covers and prefolds the best! I have tried EVERYTHING, and always come back to covers and prefolds! lol

Are you looking for easy or cheap? The easiest are All-in-Ones, and the cheapest is flats and covers...

March 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're using prefolds and covers, too, and I have no complaints. I really don't think it's much extra work at all, and the laundry is really easy. I never have to touch the dirty diapers once I toss them in my dirty diaper bag- I just dump the whole thing in the washer.

I worked for a family that used pockets. When I was there she had pre-stuffed them so they were super easy too, but I can't comment on the laundry. I imagine it's a little more of a pain since you have to unstuff the dirty diapers and restuff them when clean.
March 21st, 2012, 05:35 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
What brands are good? Any websites I should look at?

[/url
March 21st, 2012, 06:32 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I use econobum covers with regular prefolds and a couple of Flip diapers (both by the same company as BumGenius). I like those. I also have pocket diapers. Most of them are Sunbaby but I also have a Blueberry. Personally, I like both of the kinds. I only recently started to like the pockets more because they don't irritate Marsi's eczema as much as a regular prefold and cover. I prestuff all of the pocket diapers as well as pair up a prefold and cover for use. I don't use the prefold like most. I trifold it and just put it in the cover. I really don't mind stuffing the pockets. It doesn't take very long. Now that Marsi is older and moves around during changes more the pockets are easier. I always looked at Cottonbabies for cloth diapers. Sunbaby diapers can be found HERE

I hope any of that made sense.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 22nd, 2012, 03:45 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
There's a cloth diapering forum on here that's great and very active.

Depending on what you end up wanting to buy, Amazon has competitive prices on some of the stuff but their selection isn't as good as some of the other sites.
March 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Check out Elementals if you think you want to go AIO or ai2. I am hardcore an AIO and AI2 girl and we love Elementals. They are pricy, but worth it. We also like flips, which are another cottonbabies product. They are hybrid ai2s.

I think you should head down to the cloth board! We love new people down there. The group is really fun!
March 22nd, 2012, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also use econobum and prefolds with a snappi. I like them but they can be exhausting to do in the middle of the night if he's wiggling around (and we still do night fun times ). They haven't leaked pee but his poop sometimes gets out of control and leaks onto the cover. Although, any diaper would leak with the amount of poop he saves up for us! Hehe.

I also have Smartipants pockets and I use them more lately. You don't have to pull the inserts out; they come out in the wash! I use the basic inserts and add a newborn one from when I had bum genius. They occasionally leak if I don't get them in the right spot on his legs. I have to make sure there isn't a gap near his butt or the pee will drip out if he's on his side (while nursing).

Bum genius worked okay for my first son but after a while the velcro stopped sticking and the elastic wore out on the legs. I think I washed them wrong!
March 22nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
Super Mommy
We haven't started using ours yet, but we are using prefolds and covers (thirsties) the best websites I've found for explaining things are:
Types of cloth diapers :: Diaper Pages - Karen's Cloth Diapering Site
Green Mountain Diapers: Cloth diapers and diaper covers for baby

this one gives quite a few reviews on diapers : Dirty Diaper Laundry | Cloth Diapers Demystified with Articles, Reviews, and Videos.
Twin Girls - April 23, 2012 (38 weeks)

3 angels (08, 10, 11)
March 22nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love my OS pockets (even though we are doing fitted for the nb stage this time). Brands that I like are Kawaii (fit big but inexpensive and go to toddler stage) and BG.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
March 22nd, 2012, 02:44 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm not sure about these but they seem to have a very good rating!

Coolababy Diapers | Coolababy.NeT

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 22nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use Sunbaby [ockets and my favourite covers are Bummis Super Whisper Wraps.

March 22nd, 2012, 08:29 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
You ladies are fantastic!

[/url
March 23rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
I am a big fan of pockets both for my DH and for my daycare (which will be in a week ). I pre stuff them and they just have to put them on. I use fuzzibunz, with a couple bumgenius thrown in. I have 3 blueberries for at night and they rock. I am trying a blueberry with only one insert for daytime use today... I am hoping it works becuase I love the pretty prints. I am thinking about trying some WAHM pockets. I have only been doing this a couple weeks so I am a little all over with brands as I find the perfect one for us. But I am sold on pockets. The inserts fall right out when I am separating for washing. But I have heard of ladies who don't separate them... Stuffing isn't a big deal IMO. I am a total CD convert and wish I would have done it sooner and with my first two kids. I will probably give my stash to my sister if she has another baby and its a girl . I love the girly prints. I found Diaper junction to have good prices and a 30 day test run on certain brands so you can try them, wash, use and send them back if you don't like them. The CD board is fabulous as well Cloth Diapering - JustMommies Message Boards.
stargatemommy and NsMommy like this.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 23rd, 2012, 10:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessP View Post
I found Diaper junction to have good prices and a 30 day test run on certain brands so you can try them, wash, use and send them back if you don't like them. The CD board is fabulous as well Cloth Diapering - JustMommies Message Boards.

I also suggest Diaper Junction. They are local to me and I've stopped by their warehouse. I totally support them!

I learned a LOT from the CD board, too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search