I had to go L&D...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
So I couldn't feel Ava move all day and I was trying everything. Ice cold water, juice, laying on my left side, tapping my belly, lightly shaking my belly etc. Nothing was working! So when DH got off work we headed over. They hooked me up to monitors for a couple hours and of course she kicks a few minutes after they do... They still wanted to monitor her heart rate and it was steady for an hour so they felt she was fine and if she was in distress it would show up... That was a huge sigh of relief but I felt dumb going in and everything be fine but I guess better safe than sorry.

But when we were checking in the mortuary guy came up and asked what room to head to with a little duffle bag... Assuming that's where they'd carry the baby. That made me so sad and scared. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Life is so fragile.

Well there's just a tiny update on my LO.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
March 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, my! I can't believe that happened with the mortuary guy! I'm so glad she is ok!

March 27th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad she is fine!!!

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

March 27th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad everything is ok. Don't feel dumb for going and 2 min later she start moving away like there is a party in your belly, I did that, the nurse told me that it was better to be save than sorry.
About the mortuary.....the guy could be a little more sensitive, you are in L&D, mother have babies and some don't, it's a bit harsh to go and ask a nurse in front of a patient. Sorry about that....

March 27th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so glad she is ok!!

Yeah it is a little rude of him.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

March 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Don't feel bad! It's always better to be safe than sorry. About that guy he could have been more considerate.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 27th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I think the guy is just doing his job, sorry for your scare and all that - but at least all your worries were reassured.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
March 27th, 2012, 05:44 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Glad everything is just fine *hugs*

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry you had to see him come up like that - how sad.

Glad she's okay though! I had to go in one night when I was pregnant, too. The doctor was super nice though. I said how stupid I felt for coming in because, of course, as soon as they hooked me up she started going crazy, but she said that they would rather us come in a million times and find that everything is okay than us not come in when we should have once. That made me feel really good about it.
March 27th, 2012, 09:24 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad everything is fine.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 28th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm, I posted and my post disappeared!

I am so glad all is well! Don't feel dumb, I had a scare a couple of weeks ago and as I was lying down waiting for the doc to call me back, LO started partying it up. I would have gone in though, had I not started feeling movement.

As for the mortuary guy, I think some people are just way too desensitized to their line of work and they really need to learn to be more sensitive, especially in that type of situation!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search