Log In Sign Up

Teach me Tuesday (Baby/Toddler)


Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
March 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
What are two things you are currently trying to teach your LO?
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #2  
March 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,074
Trying to teach him to stop yelling when we can't understand what he is saying, with that also goes, stop whining and crying every time we say you can't have something, or we reprimand him for being bad (throwing toys, hurting the dog, kicking me in the belly).
__________________
Patty











Reply With Quote
  #3  
March 27th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 620
1. Trying to teach her not to blow raspberries with food in her mouth. I know, it seems so innocent and I feel bad for trying to teach her not to do that, but I've had enough food spit in my face.

2. Teaching her how to stand well, sort of. She is teaching herself, really. If we are both on the floor, she will put her hands out. Only thing she needs to realize is to WAIT until Mommy grabs her hands - she gets up right away whether she's got my hands or not. If she does, she stands up perfectly. If she doesn't ... not so much.
__________________
Thank you to .:Shortcake:. for my awesome siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
March 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,070
What are two things you are currently trying to teach your LO?

Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Logan:
  1. To sleep occasionally without having to be held. I love snuggling with him, but I do have a toddler I have to take care of too. I have to be able to put him down sometimes.
  2. It's not exactly "taught", but I'm waiting for him to smile (intentionally)
__________________
Sacha






Reply With Quote
  #5  
March 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delaware (the state!)
Posts: 7,471
1. That snacks are NOT meals She wakes up, I want a snack, she gets home, I want a snack...

2. Her letters/numbers, she is getting really good at it And to add to this one, how to write her name!
__________________
4/2008 8/2011





Reply With Quote
  #6  
March 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Trying to teach him to stop yelling when we can't understand what he is saying, with that also goes, stop whining and crying every time we say you can't have something, or we reprimand him for being bad (throwing toys, hurting the dog, kicking me in the belly).
My nephew is at that stage right now where he gets so mad when we do not know what he is saying. He will repeat the same thing over and over and then get mad. So now I tell him to "show me" what he wants or what he is saying and it seems to work pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1i2v3 View Post
1. Trying to teach her not to blow raspberries with food in her mouth. I know, it seems so innocent and I feel bad for trying to teach her not to do that, but I've had enough food spit in my face.

2. Teaching her how to stand well, sort of. She is teaching herself, really. If we are both on the floor, she will put her hands out. Only thing she needs to realize is to WAIT until Mommy grabs her hands - she gets up right away whether she's got my hands or not. If she does, she stands up perfectly. If she doesn't ... not so much.
That is exciting that your teaching her how to stand She will be walking before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
What are two things you are currently trying to teach your LO?

Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Logan:
  1. To sleep occasionally without having to be held. I love snuggling with him, but I do have a toddler I have to take care of too. I have to be able to put him down sometimes.
  2. It's not exactly "taught", but I'm waiting for him to smile (intentionally)
The joys of potty training How is she doing with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
1. That snacks are NOT meals She wakes up, I want a snack, she gets home, I want a snack...

2. Her letters/numbers, she is getting really good at it And to add to this one, how to write her name!
That is exciting that she getting good with her numbers/letters!
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #7  
March 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post


My nephew is at that stage right now where he gets so mad when we do not know what he is saying. He will repeat the same thing over and over and then get mad. So now I tell him to "show me" what he wants or what he is saying and it seems to work pretty well
Tried that...Unfortunately when he points and I go and grab things all the sudden he doesn't want anything from there, so he will start screaming and yelling at me, the joys of 3 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Is she going to daycare? I will say that we tried to teach Alex since June of last year, little by little, by the end of the year he would go but not when he needed to pee. Thanks to daycare, it took him less than 2 months to be fully potty train, except for nighttime and poop, he still refuses to poop in the toilet. Have you bought her potty training books? Knowing you, I know you did.
__________________
Patty











Reply With Quote
  #8  
March 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 22,034
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We are teaching my oldest math, money and time. We are about to start working on reading and more counting with my son. Baby girl is on her own schedule and we let her lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
__________________

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/


Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
qotd , tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0