Teach me Tuesday (Baby/Toddler)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 12:45 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
What are two things you are currently trying to teach your LO?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Trying to teach him to stop yelling when we can't understand what he is saying, with that also goes, stop whining and crying every time we say you can't have something, or we reprimand him for being bad (throwing toys, hurting the dog, kicking me in the belly).

March 27th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Super Mommy
1. Trying to teach her not to blow raspberries with food in her mouth. I know, it seems so innocent and I feel bad for trying to teach her not to do that, but I've had enough food spit in my face.

2. Teaching her how to stand well, sort of. She is teaching herself, really. If we are both on the floor, she will put her hands out. Only thing she needs to realize is to WAIT until Mommy grabs her hands - she gets up right away whether she's got my hands or not. If she does, she stands up perfectly. If she doesn't ... not so much.
March 28th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Mommy2Makenna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Logan:
  1. To sleep occasionally without having to be held. I love snuggling with him, but I do have a toddler I have to take care of too. I have to be able to put him down sometimes.
  2. It's not exactly "taught", but I'm waiting for him to smile (intentionally)

March 29th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
1. That snacks are NOT meals She wakes up, I want a snack, she gets home, I want a snack...

2. Her letters/numbers, she is getting really good at it And to add to this one, how to write her name!

March 29th, 2012, 09:05 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Trying to teach him to stop yelling when we can't understand what he is saying, with that also goes, stop whining and crying every time we say you can't have something, or we reprimand him for being bad (throwing toys, hurting the dog, kicking me in the belly).
My nephew is at that stage right now where he gets so mad when we do not know what he is saying. He will repeat the same thing over and over and then get mad. So now I tell him to "show me" what he wants or what he is saying and it seems to work pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1i2v3 View Post
1. Trying to teach her not to blow raspberries with food in her mouth. I know, it seems so innocent and I feel bad for trying to teach her not to do that, but I've had enough food spit in my face.

2. Teaching her how to stand well, sort of. She is teaching herself, really. If we are both on the floor, she will put her hands out. Only thing she needs to realize is to WAIT until Mommy grabs her hands - she gets up right away whether she's got my hands or not. If she does, she stands up perfectly. If she doesn't ... not so much.
That is exciting that your teaching her how to stand She will be walking before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post

Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Logan:
  1. To sleep occasionally without having to be held. I love snuggling with him, but I do have a toddler I have to take care of too. I have to be able to put him down sometimes.
  2. It's not exactly "taught", but I'm waiting for him to smile (intentionally)
The joys of potty training How is she doing with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humnck View Post
1. That snacks are NOT meals She wakes up, I want a snack, she gets home, I want a snack...

2. Her letters/numbers, she is getting really good at it And to add to this one, how to write her name!
That is exciting that she getting good with her numbers/letters!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post

My nephew is at that stage right now where he gets so mad when we do not know what he is saying. He will repeat the same thing over and over and then get mad. So now I tell him to "show me" what he wants or what he is saying and it seems to work pretty well
Tried that...Unfortunately when he points and I go and grab things all the sudden he doesn't want anything from there, so he will start screaming and yelling at me, the joys of 3 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Makenna View Post
Makenna:
  1. Potty Training
  2. To listen and obey
Is she going to daycare? I will say that we tried to teach Alex since June of last year, little by little, by the end of the year he would go but not when he needed to pee. Thanks to daycare, it took him less than 2 months to be fully potty train, except for nighttime and poop, he still refuses to poop in the toilet. Have you bought her potty training books? Knowing you, I know you did.

March 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
We are teaching my oldest math, money and time. We are about to start working on reading and more counting with my son. Baby girl is on her own schedule and we let her lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Tags
qotd , tuesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search