Had my regular appointment today

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Shadeauxe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2012, 01:57 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I figured I would start a new post even though it is kind of an update of my last one.

Well my regular doctor confirmed that I am dilated to 1cm, but it is only open on the outside (I do not know if I told you ladies that I was in L&D over the weekend with contractions every 3 minutes apart). She said that it was closed on the inside and felt really firm, which is good. Still, because of this and my constant contractions, she wants to admit me at 32 weeks to give me steroids, because she is certain that he will come early. She said that she feels that the 17P shots will not help much, so her plan of action is just to keep stopping labor until she cannot stop it anymore.

Good news though, she also said the spot on his heart is nothing, because it is extremely rare for someone to pass their NT scan and blood work and still have a baby with downs. Plus he is measuring normally with no abnormalities that they can see. I do have excessive fluid, at 22 I think, so I had to repeat my 1 hour GD test again. The lady who took my blood today tore my arms up. I nearly punched her when she stabbed my arm over and over again. I have 2 huge bruises and bumps on each arm. Anyway I love my doctor. She also said her daughter had the same spot on her heart and is fine. I feel a lot better about everything.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Last edited by LindseyE117; March 28th, 2012 at 04:33 AM.
March 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that your doctor reassure you about the spot in his heart. I'm glad she has a plan of action, but what happens, do you have to be in the hospital the whole she's trying to stop labor? I really hope the baby stays in past 32 weeks.

March 27th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Mainly the 32 week hospital stay is just so I can get the shot administered. It is not really considered a hospital stay per say, as I just go in, get liquids, get monitored, and get 2 shots spaced out a few hours. Then if all is well they send me home. She did tell me though that if I do start contracting while I am there, she will also give me a bag of magnesium in between steroid shots. If I start have contractions that are causing me to dialte, then she will just keep admiting me to L&D to stop them hoping that the mag will. She does not do breathene anymore for some reason. She started to tell me about the current research and what not, but I did not really understand why. I've heard horror stories about the "mag" though. I guess we will see.

March 27th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad your doctor was able to give reassurance after your MFM appointment. I hope you don't wind up needing to go into L&D for anything other than the steroid shots and having your full-term baby.
March 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for the reassurance about the heart spot! Hopefully that little guy will decide to just cook away in there!

March 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Lindsey I'm glad your regular doctor eased your mind and she is going to be proactive at 32 weeks. Stay positive hun!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

March 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
I hope you can keep that little one in there as long as possible.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did she tell you the wait time between the steroid shots is 24 hours? I only mention it, because I don't want you to think that you'll only be there a few. I've had mag with all my kids. It's not the worst thing in the world, but the first time definitely isn't the most pleasant thing. By this time it was nothing, but I do remember it being rough at first with Aiden. My MFM won't do breathine/terbutaline anymore either. He said that it's been shown to cause heart issues in babies whose mothers are given the meds. I had it with Aiden and Maryella, and they're fine so I don't know how often that happens. I hope that your contractions are totally manageable and don't cause any major changes until at least 37 weeks.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm glad you had a better appointment today! Sorry the nurse tore your arms up... I have small veins and that happens to me regularly. It sucks to have bruising after a blood draw!!

March 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I am so happy you got some reassurance so you don't have to worry anymore!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
March 27th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids623 View Post
Did she tell you the wait time between the steroid shots is 24 hours? I only mention it, because I don't want you to think that you'll only be there a few. I've had mag with all my kids. It's not the worst thing in the world, but the first time definitely isn't the most pleasant thing. By this time it was nothing, but I do remember it being rough at first with Aiden. My MFM won't do breathine/terbutaline anymore either. He said that it's been shown to cause heart issues in babies whose mothers are given the meds. I had it with Aiden and Maryella, and they're fine so I don't know how often that happens. I hope that your contractions are totally manageable and don't cause any major changes until at least 37 weeks.
I want to say that she said 5 hours in between shots, but I can be completely wrong on that. She did say though that if needed I would get the mag in between the shots.

I also had the breathine with my daughter's pregnancy and she came out fine. I guess it is the new research that they are basing this on.

March 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Happy to hear that you got reassuring news.

Forever Missing Our Ten Angels
March 28th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I don't usually call people out on typos, but some are too funny to resist. I really like the part about you having "obsessive fluid".

I keep picturing the amniotic fluid saying things like, "Does this baby make me look fat?" or "Do you think I am wet enough?".
Pitridge, humnck and Belita like this.
March 28th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I don't usually call people out on typos, but some are too funny to resist. I really like the part about you having "obsessive fluid".

I keep picturing the amniotic fluid saying things like, "Does this baby make me look fat?" or "Do you think I am wet enough?".
Lol. I meant excessive. I hate typing things out on my phone. However now that I actually read what I wrote, I had to laugh at that too.

March 28th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad that your doctor helped you feel better about things and is going to be proactive about making sure Layne is ready. Hopefully they are able to keep labor at bay and keep him baking!

March 28th, 2012, 06:52 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Glad you got better news this visit.
You are getting so close to the 30's weeks so everyday counts to keep him in

http://lindseysphotography.com/
March 28th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I said this on your other post, but wanted to say it again

I am so glad things worked out well today, minus the steroid shots, but at least she is being proactive! It is great that you have such an awesome doc! I hope they don't have to give you the mag and that he cooks until at least 37 weeks!!

March 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you've got a good dr and I'm so glad that your baby boy is looking okay. I had those steroid shots when I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago and mine were given at 12 hours apart. My dr won't stop labor now so if I go now our little boy is coming. Glad yours is going to hold off labor as long as possible. i can't figure out why so many dr's are so different.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
March 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah I just got informed today that I would be staying in the hospital for a whole day when I got them. I hope he does not come early though! I want to take him home right away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search