Sorry I have been MIA

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Sorry I have been MIA. These past couple of weeks have been real busy. I try to get on to read post and to answer but I really haven't had time to post.

Dh got a bad infection in his right hand. We were running to the doctors every other day for them to look at his hand to see if the medication they gave him were working or not. After four shots of strong antibiotics and two different pills of antibiotics dh ended up being admitted into the hospital. The infection was half way up his arm. He ended up on two different kind of IV antibiotics. They did a MRI and CT-Scan to see if the infection was down to his tendons yet. If the infection was down to the tendon then they were going to have to do surgery. Lucky they didn't have to do surgery. He was released on Sunday but is still under doctors care because his hand is still swollen. If the redness comes back he has to go back to the hospital.

Between my regular Ob appointments and my regular doctor appointments it seems like I live at a doctors office. Everything is going good with Cody. He is growing like he should. My blood pressure is starting to go up some. I usually run normal and lately it is running 140/90. Which I know isn't to high but my regular doctor is worried since I usually run normal. He is having me come in every two weeks to see him. Also my platelet count started to fall so he was been watching that closely. I am very grateful my Ob is keep a good eye on me and my regular doctor is keeping a good eye on me.

I have been busy trying to clean out this house to make room Cody. I am making progress upstairs but have been holding back downstairs until today. We thought my MIL was going to have to move back in with us. She is running out of room and the VA hasn't approved to help pay for the room yet. There is a room downstairs that was my MIL room. We are going to use that room for a playroom and nursey for Cody since we spend more time downstairs then upstairs. I haven't done to much down there in case she had to move back in. Well Dh and his one sister had meeting with the home last night and they agreed to work with us on paying the bill until the VA kicks in. Which means I don't ever have to worry about my MIL moving back in with us. Now I get to go crazy and finish cleaning out that room and decorating it the way I want it.

I have been feeling real good about this pregnancy and bringing Cody home until recently. The other night Dh's sister calls and she is crying. She ask me if I am ok and I said why. I was out of breath because I just got off the couch from laying down. She said that their mom told Dh's niece that we lost the baby. I just started crying and said no Cody is just fine. After I hung up with her Dh asked me what was wrong and I told him. He couldn't understand why I was crying. I was crying so hard that I started to get sick and I just kept saying I don't want to lose him. Dh says I let what other people say get to me. Sorry but your mom is telling people that we lost the baby. How am I not supposed to let that get to me. I know her mind is starting to go but what would cause her to say something like that. Then out of the blue she calls me the next day and ask me how I am doing. I didn't even answer her. I threw the phone to Dh and told him to talk to his mom. His mom never calls me. If Bill isn't home she hangs up. I told Dh I don't want to see her or talk to his mom right now. Now I am worried that something might be wrong. Dh other sister is mad at me bacause I said I don't want to talk to their mom.

Sorry this turned out longer then what I thought. I just wanted to update everyone on why I have been missing.
March 29th, 2012, 07:08 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Stacey I'm sorry you have so many stressful things going on right now. I'm glad that you guys now know that she is not moving back in and you can decorate how you want to. I know it's hard but if she is losing her mind she might be reverting back to your old loses. I know it's not your fault and it would upset me too but it could be that it's not intentional and she doesn't know that she is doing it. I hope your DH's hand continues to heal and he does not have to go back to the doctor. Hopefully your BP goes back down to normal too. It sounds like your OB is doing a wonderful job of monitoring you and making sure to stay on top of things.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

March 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Stacey,
I am sorry that there has been so much going on for you, that is a lot to take on!

I hope DH's hand fully heals and quickly! But, glad they didn't have to do surgery.

I had low platelets with my pregnancy with DD, it turned out to be completely pregnancy driven and as soon as I gave birth they were back to normal. However, while pregnant, I was sent to a hematologist who ran numerous tests on me to make sure it wasn't something else causing it. ANyways, I am glad they are monitoring yours as they did mine. Hopefully they don't dip too low!

Also, I agree with Katie, your MIL may actually be losing it enough to revert back in time and think of an old loss. After my 2nd loss, my stepmother, who is not all there, told my sister she was mad at me for not telling me that the baby had been born, that was hard to hear, thank goodness my sister took that call and kept it from me until she knew I could handle what she had said. Cody sounds like he is doing great, try not to let what an "old" woman says get to you, although I know it is hard, especially with all of those hormones raging through your body. Enjoy decorating and just explain to your DH and his sisters that you are already emotional enough and worrying enough without having to think about something like that. They will get over it, you have a lot going on so just try to ignore it!

Happy decorating

March 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope Dh hands heals fast, I'm glad the infection did not spread.

I'm sorry that you have so much to deal with. I agree with the other ladies about your MIL is her mind is slipping, she might think she was talking about a previous lost and had no clue. I know it's hard, try not to take it personally.

March 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Sorry they are causing you stress. Hope your DH continues to get better. Not much longer until you hold that precious boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 29th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Why is your MIL saying these things, because you have went to the doctor? Of all people to announce that to others - even if that did happen - her? I don't think she has any place at all to tell people that, but that is just my opinion.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search