New to this board!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
I'm Kate and I'm 25, my DH is 28, and our little girl is 14 months old. We miscarried in late February and lost our babe at 8 wks.

We were so sad and so ready to start trying again, we didn't wait (as the Dr. had advised) until my first period, we got right on it. And I tested negative for HPTs for about a week and then ovulated, and now I'm getting dark lines again!! And I FEEL pregnant.

I had bad cramping two Sundays ago, so I called in to my OB to have an appointment to discuss what was "normal" post miscarriage. Turns out the appointment was this morning, and I kept it just to let her know that I was getting positive pregnancy tests again!

To my dismay, she did some probably medically advised things but was not exactly thrilled at me. I think she was mad we hadn't waited. She took bloodwork and then did an ultrasound. From my figuring, I'm 4 weeks 1 day today and we couldn't see anything. She said she thought there was fluid next to an ovary which may mean a new pregnancy, but the other options were residual from miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy!!!

I was so stressed all day and sad and just feeling like I shouldn't have even kept that appointment, I should have just waited until I knew I was further along. I know I'm pregnant and I have a good feeling about this baby - but doctor's attitude made me much sadder than I want to be at the beginning of a life.

Has anyone else experienced this?!

Kate

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

March 30th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Well I had a sort of similar story, I miscarriage in November 11' at around 4 weeks 3 days. We weren't trying but we weren't trying to 'prevent' anything either, so I ended up with a BFP Dec 11' , my OB didn't seem upset though. I didn't see him until I was around 5 1/2 weeks - but I did go in for blood work. I had a very upsetting call from a girl in the lab who wanted my Beta- levels to drop, I was so upset and mad and cried so much.

Turns out there was a mix up (I got a call from another nurse the next day) and the lab-girl thought that this was levels from my miscarriage. I am 17 weeks along now.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
March 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, and I'm so glad that you're pregnant again and that you have a positive feeling about things!

Secondly, I think it was unprofessional of your doctor to act unhappy for you. I understand being cautious, but at this point her job is to keep you relaxed and help maintain this pregnancy. My doctor wanted to do some tests on me and I don't think she was entirely thrilled that I'm pregnant either, but she states the facts of the downsides and is doing what she can to reassure me, from giving me an earlier ultrasound to reassure me and putting me on progesterone even though she didn't think I needed it just to make me feel better. Is this typical behavior for your OB?

Again, good luck and I'm so happy for you that you got pregnant again so quickly!

March 30th, 2012, 08:46 PM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
Thank you for your responses. It was a tough visit, I have confidence in her medical training I just wish she hadn't been so snippy. Also, she said I have a thin uterine lining... Is this a bad sign for the pregnancy?

Kate

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

March 30th, 2012, 08:54 PM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Congratulations and welcome to the board. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months . I wouldn't worry about the dr. There is really no medical reason to wait some doctors just like you too. If she is going to be mean see someone else IMO.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

March 30th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateb10 View Post
Thank you for your responses. It was a tough visit, I have confidence in her medical training I just wish she hadn't been so snippy. Also, she said I have a thin uterine lining... Is this a bad sign for the pregnancy?
Thin uterine lining can make it difficult to get pregnant, the egg needs a thick lining to nest and root in, there are some home remedies to try to increase your uterine lining.

Vitex - 1,000 mg daily, it's supposed to be better than B6. Combine Vitex with Red Raspberry for LPD.
Red Raspberry - 1,000 mg daily. Strengthens the uterine lining. Combine RR with Vitex or B6 for LPD.
B6 - 100 mg daily. Take it at the same time as your multi or prenatal vitamin. It is used to lengthen the LP. Combine with Red Raspberry. If you don't like Vitex, try B6.
Progesterone - your dr can prescribe this.
FertileCM - supports a healthy uterine lining, among things
Accupunture - helps improve blood flow to build a stronger uterine lining
Fertilaid - this is available for both men and women, includes vitamins and supplements needed to conceive. Includes Vitex.
Fertilitea - includes ingredients needed to promote fertility, includes Vitex.

But I hope you good luck with your pregnancy, pregnancy after loss is very difficult and anxious for most women. As far as your OB's attitude, if she persists on being rude to you I would recommend switching doctors.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
April 2nd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Firstly, congrats on your BFP! I had a m/c in April '08, got pregnant again right after the first AF and have a perfectly healthy 3 yo, I had another m/c in August of last year, again, got pregnant again right after my first AF and am now 28 weeks. With the first, I was 8 weeks, with the last I was 12 weeks, so that didn't seem to make a difference. Many docs will tell you to wait for dating purposes, some see medical reasons in it, however, there has been no actual medical evidence that waiting increases chances of a healthier pregnancy. I am a little shocked that your doc would say, regardless of her training, anything directly to you about this. She should present you with facts, but let you know that she will help you get through it, help you maintain it, etc.

I wish the best for you and this pregnancy! KUP!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search