Curse you, Boston Marathon!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
For those who don't follow the super awesome (sarcasm) world of competitive running, the Boston Marathon is Monday, 4/16.

As it so happens, the marathon runs right in front of my hospital and the road is closed that day for several hours. My OB, who was also pregnant, had her baby last week. My new OB, who delivered the baby of my previous, is going to be running in the marathon.

I never expected to actually have my baby delivered by my OB because basically all of the planets would have to align just so, but this is getting ridiculous.

It is my hope that I go into labor before Monday so that I don't have to deal with this at all, but it might be cosmically unavoidable.

There is a back road into the hospital, so it's not like I have to invent some sort of teleporter.

For the record, I am not actually complaining about this, I just think it's funny in a situational irony sort of way.
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.
April 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
mom2moose
When are you due? (If it's somewhere, sorry. I have those thingies shut off. I'm very tired and can't think of what they're called. LOL)
April 13th, 2012, 09:32 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed you either go into labor today or tomorrow, then if not hold off till Tuesday.
Have you done any of the natural inductions stuff?

April 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no! It's such a nightmare on Marathon Monday!!! I hope you don't go into labor then! It's also suppposed to be 90* that day!

And for those of you not from around here, it is a big deal. It's on a holiday here in Massachusetts called Patriots Day (for the start of the American Revolution) and much of the state gets the day off. I actively avoid heading into the marathon route area on Marathon Monday!

April 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oh boy you don't need the extra headache right now. I hope you go into labor either before it all starts or after it all ends.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

April 13th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
When are you due? (If it's somewhere, sorry. I have those thingies shut off. I'm very tired and can't think of what they're called. LOL)
4/21. I don't have a ticker anywhere, really. I also have signatures turned off. I only look at them when someone references one or I want to look for tickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Oh no! It's such a nightmare on Marathon Monday!!! I hope you don't go into labor then! It's also suppposed to be 90* that day!

And for those of you not from around here, it is a big deal. It's on a holiday here in Massachusetts called Patriots Day (for the start of the American Revolution) and much of the state gets the day off. I actively avoid heading into the marathon route area on Marathon Monday!
Yeah, I feel bad for the runners. They prefer 50s, temperature-wise. I hope there aren't a lot of heat strokes or something. My L&D hospital *also* happens to to be the "official" hospital of the marathon. So, it's sure to be extra busy. Though I doubt many of them will end up in L&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *SamF* View Post
Well I'll keep my fingers crossed you either go into labor today or tomorrow, then if not hold off till Tuesday.
Have you done any of the natural inductions stuff?
No. I am not sure they actually work and I am lazy. I've been kind of crampy today, so I think it could be sooner rather than later.
April 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your posts just make me laugh....

I hope all of the planets align for you!
Shadeauxe likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 13th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry I know it's not funny, but had to laugh. I hope the baby either holds until Tuesday or decides to come this weekend.
So, if for some reason you go into labor on Monday and your OB is running, does she make a pit stop to deliver the baby and then keeps running?

April 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Sorry I know it's not funny, but had to laugh. I hope the baby either holds until Tuesday or decides to come this weekend.
So, if for some reason you go into labor on Monday and your OB is running, does she make a pit stop to deliver the baby and then keeps running?
She joked that she could deliver me at home since the marathon also starts in my town (I seriously cannot escape this thing). It's ok to laugh. This post was meant to be funny.

In actuality, I will leave my house at 5:50 AM, well ahead of the road closings, and head to work. Should I go into labor at work, I can head down the highway to a different big road that comes up behind the hospital, it's just a minor annoyance. The only troubling part would be my husband getting there, but that's a potential problem on any day due to the bad traffic we have here.
luvmykids623 likes this.
April 13th, 2012, 10:24 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Ahhhh Boston traffic! That is one thing I don't miss.

April 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Oh, no! You really can't get away from the thing, can you! A coworker's husband is running and he's not looking forward to the temps at all. I also feel bad for the runners. I like to watch the marathon on TV (not sure why since I never watch running at any other time) and I remember a couple of years ago we had similar temps and they had a lot of runners out.

That's true that there shouldn't be any runners going to L&D, but parking may be a bear! Actually, I think I heard about a women running a marathon at 9 months pregnant last year... I'd hope that nobody would attempt that with Monday's heat!

I can just picture your OB running into the hospital to deliver the baby and then running back out to the course!

April 13th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Think of the story you can tell the baby though if you have to.

I'm glad I don't have to go in Monday though I'm flying out of Logan on Sunday. I'm praying the airport isn't too busy.

April 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I just thought of an even better scenario! What if you found your OB on the marathon course and they had you on a gurney and you delivered while your OB was still running. That would be a great story for your baby and you'd be famous since that would surely be on the news!

April 13th, 2012, 12:20 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I hope the planets align for you too

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
April 13th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
I just thought of an even better scenario! What if you found your OB on the marathon course and they had you on a gurney and you delivered while your OB was still running. That would be a great story for your baby and you'd be famous since that would surely be on the news!
Not to mention a feat of incredible athleticism.
luvmykids623 likes this.
April 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
I think you should embrace the marathon insanity & hope to go into labor then...just think somewhere there's an adorable newborn sized track suit + sweatband just waiting to be purchased...and the photo ops with the Boston media too, who doesn't love a feel good, crazy labor i almost gave birth in the street kinda story??
missy123 likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
And Nike could sponsor your birth! Just think of the endorsements to be made from this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haa haa...I'm only 34 1/2 weeks, but I'm actually up in Boston right now cause my husband is running the marathon...we walked down to Boston Commons tonight with my son and I was having so many contractions that I thought I was going to be having my baby in Boston, way way WAY too much walking today, but the area is gorgeous - and the weather was amazing...LOL...and we are here through Tuesday, so I could still...of course, my husband only likes to run in the cold, and his race doesnt start until 10am, which means that he could end up in the hospital also, so that should be fun too

This is my first time here, its pretty crazy coming from a small Florida town to see all this!!

Last edited by fromustobaby; April 14th, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
April 16th, 2012, 05:27 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Oh Courtney!!! The things you get to experience!!! But seriously I hope everything works out and you get to have the baby beforehand!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
How are you doing? Not too much longer until it starts!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search