Post War Has Begun- PAMAL vs. TTCAL

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2012, 03:16 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Okay ladies I cleared this with the other hosts (Lindsey & Lara) and we think this is going to be a lot of fun! So the post war is on between TTCAL & PAMAL. Here is the deal. There are 3 ways that will factor in who wins at the end. Whoever has 2 out of the three wins. This way itís not just one thing and evens it out for the ladies!!

The 3 Winning Factors:

1.) The amount of new threads started between April 23-30.

2.) The most of replies to a thread started by one of you lovely ladies between April 23-30

3.) The last being the most replies to the actual chat thread (this one) This can be used for random chatting. Even off topic things

There are a few rules:

#1 HAVE FUN! (This is the most important post) This is a friendly competition.

#2 The posts/replies cannot just be one word or smilies only. If that is being done we will not be able to have these any more.

Thatís it ladies! Let the posting begin!! If this goes well the we can have more competitions between the 2 boards because letís face it we are like sister boards!!

Donít forget ladies each and every one of you is important in this. The more you post the better chance your board wins!!

PS. This has also been cleared by Admins

READY, SET, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post wars begin right now and end April 30 at 12:00pm EST.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 23rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
So this is the random thread...to talk about whatever we want?

How is it possible that my baby is 7 months old? I swear it cant have been that long. It's not worthy of its own thread, but I still had to say it. I am feeling a little sad that time has gone so quickly. In pregnancy all I wanted was for time to speed up (and we know that didn't happen)...and now I want it to slow down
missy123 likes this.
April 23rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Ashlee... I know what you mean about being preggo & wanting time to speed up, but it goes so slow... I'm sorry your little man is getting older too quickly.

On that same note, I'd like time to slow down for my older children... I can't believe my baby girl will be 14 on Saturday... I remember when she was born & only 5lbs 14ozs... Now she wants to get highlights in her hair

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

April 23rd, 2012, 06:36 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
So this is the random thread...to talk about whatever we want?

How is it possible that my baby is 7 months old? I swear it cant have been that long. It's not worthy of its own thread, but I still had to say it. I am feeling a little sad that time has gone so quickly. In pregnancy all I wanted was for time to speed up (and we know that didn't happen)...and now I want it to slow down
I TOTALLY understand!! I can't believe Scarlett is 5 months old. It took her almost 3 years to get here and now the time is flying by...... SLOW DOWN! I don't want her to get so big so fast.

I love her so much. Everyday she brings tears of happiness to my eyes. I think of her angel brothers/sisters every day. The pain of their losses has not gone away but Scarlett does help to fill part of a void and longing I had for so long.

And my boys adore her! Can you say spoiled with love baby? This little girl wines for a second and everyone rushes to play with her.

I wish I could have had 1 more. I would have gone through the physical aspect of it all again. But Red was right - it was just too much - physically, financially and emotionally. I don't think I could have handled more losses.

I love you girls here.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They do grow up too fast. I guess with Alex I did not really noticed until he turned 2.
I agree, with pg you just want time to go faster, when they are finally here, you want time to slow down....

April 23rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby girl is kicking a lot more and a lot stronger. It just makes me want to meet her even more! A little less than three months and I'll be holding my precious girl!
Pitridge and ~Tanya~ like this.
April 23rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Alright, Ill use this as a small venting space! haha
My Sony Vaio laptop has a small crack at the top thats all red underneath, so it looks like its bleeding!! I know my wallet will once I find out the cost to get it fixed. (Bleed, that is!)
Also, my df had an accident in my car. Now MY F'n insurance has gone up.
I am totally pissed!
anyways. On to better things

[/url
April 23rd, 2012, 09:15 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like fun! I don't have any children yet, so I'm just wanting this pregnancy to go by quickly, but I'm sure I'll be right there with you next year wishing time will slow down (once the baby sleeps through the night! )

I'm back at work after a week off and I don't wanna be here! At least I only have 42 more days!!

April 23rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Sleeping throught the night? Whats that? Colton is a week away from 8 months and we are still up 3 or 4 times a night with him!

[/url
April 23rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just realized that I have 9 weeks left, that is in the single digits, when did time speed up and how can May be next week? We have soooo much to get done! DH is not looking forward to his "honey do" list this weekend, because I know we will be home and I am getting antsy to at least start getting things ready

On a different note, my eyes are burning from my allergies...boo!
Belita likes this.

April 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sleeping through the night? Alex is 3 years old and he still gets up at least once at night.

April 23rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Keep it up ladies Your doing awesome!!!!!!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know there are big differences in how soon they sleep through the night. I have a co-worker whose 4 year told still wakes up once a night! I can hope that I have a good sleeper! If it takes after me it will be (although apparently not when pregnant) if the baby takes after its daddy it'll be waking up every couple of hours for its entire life!
Pitridge likes this.

April 23rd, 2012, 05:33 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I was so set on doing a cupcake themed nursey and now I have gone back to being indecisive!!! I'm like not sure if that's the themed nursey I want... Haha.

My to-do list:
-Buy crib bedding
-Crib mattress
-Paint nursey
-Set up nursey (Put away clothes, hang decor)
- Buy diaper bag
- Buy everything that goes in diaper bag
- Set up all baby things! (Swing, Pack n Play etc)
- Buy breast pump
- Buy bottles, diapers, wipes, bathtub, shampoo, lotion etc.
- Pack hospital bag
- Wash baby clothes

AND A LOT MORE! I'm so behind! I'm due in 9 weeks, will I get it done? Haha
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
April 23rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brynlee is still up three or four times a night too Tobi...so I don't think it's so out of the ordinary. I think the way moms think today it's a lot different than what they used to. When Kenna was a baby (nearly 20 years ago) I was told I needed to let her "cry it out" at night. Well, that translated into 4 long years of her crying through the night....three nights my a**....she cried for years!!! I never did that again...that's forsure! Now, I just let them get up and eat if they want to. I will say that some of my kids were up at night close to two years, but after that they did eventually sleep through the night, and really well. Long story longer....they get up...you get up....you hold them, love them and feed them...and then they grow up and move away...they will eventually grow up...why not spend a little extra time cuddling them while they are small and adorable? That's my opinion....
kaylakay likes this.

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
April 23rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakay View Post
I was so set on doing a cupcake themed nursey and now I have gone back to being indecisive!!! I'm like not sure if that's the themed nursey I want... Haha.

My to-do list:
-Buy crib bedding
-Crib mattress
-Paint nursey
-Set up nursey (Put away clothes, hang decor)
- Buy diaper bag
- Buy everything that goes in diaper bag
- Set up all baby things! (Swing, Pack n Play etc)
- Buy breast pump
- Buy bottles, diapers, wipes, bathtub, shampoo, lotion etc.
- Pack hospital bag
- Wash baby clothes

AND A LOT MORE! I'm so behind! I'm due in 9 weeks, will I get it done? Haha

Good luck! You can do it!!!

We had A LOT to do as well...some of it was bigger stuff like painting rooms. The only thing we did not complete is painting our sons room.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
April 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Erin started sleeping through at 8 months, Patrick not until 13 months so I was completely surprised when Allison started at 2 months. I do not argue at all.

As far as wanting time to slow down....Erin's starting kindergarten this fall....

And I'm totally in an emotional funk because of Cora's birthday. I can't believe she'd be six this year.

April 24th, 2012, 03:23 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Today is dh's and my 2nd Anniversary. I can't believe I married my best friend.

On baby note we have a ultrasound today to see where Cody is and appointment afterwards. I told dh I miss those fast appointments. Oh well. It will be worth it in coupke of weeks when we are holding our little baby.

Brittanie, sending lots of hugs.
April 24th, 2012, 06:08 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son is starting kindergarten, too. He is really, really excited about it.

Is it bad that I'm choosing to ignore most of my "to do before baby comes" list in favor of dreaming up matching dresses for my girls to wear?
April 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank goodness Reagan slept through the night at 5 weeks, one can only hope this LO does too, but we will see...I am so scared of having a kid that gets up every couple of hours, although, I do, but if the baby gets up on my off hours, I am gonna be sooooo sleep deprived, lol!

Kayla, I was just thinking about my to-do list too...here is what mine looks like and we are due on the same day We can do it!!

-clean out and organize the closet in the nursery
-clean out the "extra" stuff in the nursery
-wash bedding
-wash car seat and cover (put back together - that is a challenge...lol)
-wash stroller cover
-wash swing cover (again, putting it back together, no fun!)
-wash bassinet cover and put together
-go through all of DD's clothes and pull out neutral summery baby stuff (she was born in the winter, so this will be a challenge)
-organize and clean out walk-in in the master
-buy diapers
-pack hospital bag for both of us

Hmmm, I am sure I missed something, but yikes! DH and I are going to work on the nursery stuff this weekend, we may get to pulling other stuff out of storage in our basement, but we shall see

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search