Braxton Hicks

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a bit embarrass to ask this but how do Braxton Hicks feel like? I never had any of that with DS, so I'm not sure what to look for . I been having some cramps, that last for a few seconds, but that's it, and I don't think that is it.

April 24th, 2012, 08:27 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I have been having braxton hicks since 20 weeks with this pregnancy for some reason. For me, they start off feeling like a pressure in my stomach, and when you touch my stomach it is extremely hard. So a tightening/pressure feeling for me. They only recently began to feel uncomfortable or slightly painful. Now that I am larger and further along, I can tell I am getting one because they take my breath away and make it harder for me to breathe.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
April 24th, 2012, 11:24 AM
kzoo1280's Avatar Kristin...TTC #1!
Yep, I have been having mine since about 20 weeks as well. For me, they are not painful at all yet, sometimes I don't even know I am having one unless I touch my stomach. It is just a tightening sensation across my entire stomach that lasts about 15-30 seconds. It usually is not accompanied by any cramping. I'm sure it is slightly different for everyone though. Relax, put your feet up, and grab some water!

Married May 2009

April 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine are sometimes accompanied by cramping. I have been having them for a while too. My OB said that the more pregnancies you have, the more you are likely to have them because your body "remembers" what it is supposed to do and starts practicing earlier and more often. Not for everyone, but for many...aren't we lucky One thing you want to watch for, make sure you are not having more than 4 an hour and that they aren't "timeable". If you think you are having one, touch your belly, if it is completely hard where your uterus is, it is likely a BH.

April 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Mine start with a pressure followed by a cramping feeling then a tightening of my uterus. It usually starts from the bottom up.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search