First Appointment After 2 Miscarriages

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
So tomorrow I am having my first appointment from finding out I was pregnant after miscarrying twice. I am of course very concerned with this pregnancy because I'm worried about miscarrying again so I asked one of my girlfriends that goes to the same doctors office I will be going to about what to expect from my first appointment. Naturally I'm hoping for an ultrasound and blood work just to check on things but when I asked her what her first appointment consisted of she said they just determined her due date by her periods and then talked to a nurse as they gave her a packet of papers about the pregnancy. I'm worried now because I'm hoping for a more in depth appointment then that and now i'm wondering if its not what sort of things I could say or do while there other then express my concern that will make then want to check out the pregnancy.
April 25th, 2012, 09:55 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry for your losses. How far along are you? I would express your concerns about being pregnant after having losses. Usually doctors will do some extra testing for you or give you an earlier ultrasound for peace of mind. ((hugs)) we understand how stressful all this is.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 26th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally agree. I would mention it and see if they can't send you for a scan if you are at least 6w.
They may say your insurance won't cover it. I know my insurance won't cover the u/s at 7w however I think it's worth the money to relieve the stress that worrying would be causing.

April 26th, 2012, 07:13 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call ahead before the appointment and let them know that you've had two miscarriages and would at the very least like some blood work to check hormone levels.
April 26th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call the doctor's office before the appointment and ask them what to expect and tell them your history.

April 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Depending on how far along you are, they may not want to do an u/s just yet, if you are 6w or more, I would ask. My doc office doesn't do the first appt until at least 8 weeks, at that appt, they go through your medical history, do an exam or pap, and do a dating u/s (this was not done 3 years ago when I had my DD). All doctors offices vary, not to mention the doc and the patient...perhaps, because you have had the losses, you will be treated differently...good luck!!

Tags
first appointment , miscarriage , ultrasound

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search