Small bump? :(

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kzoo1280

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2012, 11:19 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Okay guys so over the last week I have heard a million times... "Oh my goodness there is no way your almost 32 weeks!" "You have such a small bump!" "I was as big as you when I was 6 months pregnant!"

It's making me really nervous... I hope my baby is a good size I get measured every appointment and my OB has never said anything. I think if I was measuring small she would of said it right? I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm gonna ask how many weeks I am measuring...

I know everyone carries differently but since I'm only 4"10 everyone thought I was gonna be a whale! Seriously.

Anyone else just have a small decent size bump all through pregnancy? Even when I see other pregnant women they feel so much bigger than me! Haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
April 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't listen to people. My grandma told me I was way too big for how far along I was. If your doctor was not told you that you are measuring small I wouldn't worry. Not only every women carries the baby differently but also the size of the woman makes a different, if you are bigger or smaller. Don't stress, and for sure don't listen to other people.

April 26th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Everyone carries differently. 2 people can have the exact same size baby and look completely different. I really didn't show much at all with my first baby until I was pretty far along. Even at 8 months, I wasn't that big. It was in the 9th month where all of a sudden I bulged out there. I wouldn't let it worry you at all. Bump size does not necessarily equate baby size!

April 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM
kzoo1280's Avatar Kristin...TTC #1!
If your doctor hasn't said anything to you about your measurements, I am sure they are completely normal. Even so, I was measuring 3.5 weeks small at my appt last week and my doc sent me for an ultrasound just to check out the baby's size. He is measuring right on target. My ultrasound tech said that smaller framed women are notorious for measuring behind and it's usually just because of the baby's position in your body. Your baby is probably just tucked in a way that your belly isn't showing as much as other people's. I really wish people would keep their opinions to themselves when it comes to pregnant women's bodies. Don't they realize how much stress it can cause? Unless they are saying how beautiful you look, shut it! Lots of hugs!
Pitridge likes this.

Married May 2009

April 26th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I'm in the same boat, I have been about the same size for a month and I felt I haven't grown much at all. There was never anything said to me about the baby's size - infact she was measuring normal.

I can only imagine maybe she is leaned back and it could be the same for you, I feel like I will never get that big baby bump. I see other women who are as far along as me and are huge!

I am not very tall, 5'3" so I am not exactly sure what is going on with my baby. But on the plus side, not having a huge stomach can be an advantage.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
April 26th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never got big, and that is with all four pregnancies. Enjoy it, life is far more uncomfortable if you have a ginormous bump.

April 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I know with me I got huge fast and then just seemed to stay the same size the last 3 months or so. The doctor would have said something about it if there was something to worry about. I am sure you look absolutely beautiful!

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

April 26th, 2012, 04:08 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Everyone carry's different.
You would know if something was not right because your DR would say something. I have always gotten the comments about being to small.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I understand how you feel!! I get the "your so small" comment all the time. We must just carry most of the baby on the inside. Don't let people's comments upset you...your doing a great job growing a healthy baby!!

=May '05 and '11

April 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even if your doctor said you were measuring small it doesn't mean much. With my daughter I measured 4cm behind two appointments in a row and was sent for a growth scan. The ultrasound tech was so confused as to why I was having a growth scan because my baby was measuring a week ahead.

With my son I didn't have a growth scan but multiple doctors and nurses thought I was going to have a small baby. He came a week early at 7lb 9oz--which surprised everyone since I was only 5lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.

Everyone has always told me I look small (with all of my pregnancies) and I always figured it was because I usually lose weight from the nausea/vomiting. But this time I somehow managed not to lose weight and I still get a lot of comments that I'm so small for how far along I am.
May 1st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the opposite problem and it isn't any better! People should keep their mouths shut. I am smaller framed and I tend to carry completely out in front, some women (shorter or taller) carry "towards the back", which makes your bump appear smaller, however, your uterus is what your doc is measuring, not your bump size. Your doc would definitely tell you if you weren't measuring well.

May 1st, 2012, 02:08 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I definitely wouldn't worry about it.

Some people had no idea I was pregnant at 40 weeks...apparently i guess i just looked really fat lolz ;D

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search