Emily Mae's Arrival :) - xposted from DDC

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TnPhotoMama81

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Emily Mae Capps was born Wednesday April 25 at 8:21 a.m. via repeat cesarean. She was 9 lbs 3 oz and 21” long.

We arrived at the hospital at 5:00 am on Wednesday morning. After we were admitted, they put me on the nst to monitor her heart rate and my contractions. I was actually having some small contractions but I couldn’t even feel them.

The nurse then got my IV started so I could have a couple bags of fluid before my surgery. Then the anesthesiologist came in and started my epidural. It took him a few tries to get it placed right. The first time I could feel shooting pains in my right lower back/upper butt so he redid it. The second time he tried I think he hit a capillary so had to try again. The third time worked. Epidurals are so hard to sit still through so I am not sure if I was being still enough for him :/ Once my epidural was placed they waited a bit and then did my catheter, per my request lol.

Once everything was placed right, the doctors came in and talked with me some. The doctors we see are husband/wife OB GYNS. She told me that because of the way Emily was positioned and due to my stomach being bigger in some areas that she needed to cut into, that she may have to give me a vertical incision but if she did it would be small. It made me freak out a little because I never wanted to have a vertical incision. Luckily they ended up not having to cut me like that.

Then they rolled me back into the OR and I kinda got emotional. It was hard not to cry about having another surgery. Just knowing that I was going to be cut into again made me scared but I was also happy we would be seeing Emily soon. Just a lot of emotions to go through I guess.

Unfortunately the epidural was not working right and I could feel them cutting into me. The anesthesiologist asked if I felt pressure or if it felt “sharp”. I could definitely feel them cutting because it was stinging. It wasn’t an awful pain but enough that where it would probably hurt a lot worse the deeper into my skin they went. They made the decision at that point to go ahead and put me all the way under. Jeremy had to leave the room because once they put me under they only had 7 minutes to get her out.

I only remember about 15 seconds after Jeremy had to walk out of the room. Being under was very weird. I do remember hearing them talk over me as they were getting her out. I remember hearing her cry for the first time as they were pulling her out of me. Apparently they sat her up before they pulled her all the way out and as soon as they did she started screaming lol.

She was born at 8:21 and I don’t think I woke up for another couple hours. I was a little worried when I woke up…thinking something bad had happened because I had been on blood thinners. I remember asking one of the surgical staff if they had to give me blood but they kept reassuring me everything went perfectly.

It was so awesome meeting her for the first time. I actually remember it better than I did with Ethan. Her and Ethan have the same exact birthmarks One between their eyes and another on the backs of their necks which I think is really neat.

Cathy (the wife) came in to talk to me a little while after she was born to reassure me everything went great. I didn’t have hardly any scar tissue. However, my bowels had adhered to my uterus from my first C-section but they repaired it. I have had some stomach troubles since Ethan was born and now I wonder if that is what has been causing it.

I did end up throwing up after my surgery. It wasn’t too bad though…I felt better after I did. They gave me crackers and a sprite and if I kept that down I was able to get pain meds (Percocet and motrin) and then go ahead and get something real to eat. I had Jeremy bring me sonic fries and a milkshake. I really didn’t feel like eating until later that night.

Ethan and the grandparents came to see her later on that evening. Ethan was so good with her. When Jeremy went home to get him cleaned up to come see her he asked if Emily had any toys. When Jeremy said no he insisted they bring her a rattle so she could play with it. So cute <3

Recovery has been better this time. They had me up later that night. I didn’t need as much help out of the bed like I did with my first csec. They had me walk from the bed to a chair right beside the bed and sit in it for awhile. It was nice to get out of bed and sit instead of lying in the bed. I actually didn’t need as much help getting up out of bed that first time. I remember with Ethan it felt like my insides were about to pour out of me but it wasn’t like that this time. I don’t know if knowing what to expect/feel helped or not.

The next day (Thursday) I walked in the hall some and took a shower. It did feel pretty weak but took my time showering. I didn’t want to pass out in the shower like I did when we had Ethan. Thursday night we had a tornado warning so they made us sit outside in the hallway at the hospital. Luckily it only lasted about 30 minutes.

We came home on Friday April 27 around noon. Her weight leaving the hospital was 8 lbs and 7 oz. She was really good in her car seat on the way home.

Breastfeeding has been going pretty well. She has been mostly breastfed. We have given her an oz of formula here and there when she didn’t seem satisfied. We will feed her first off me, 15-20 mins on each side but there are times when she will pull herself off and not want to relatch at all but then still sucks on our fingers like she is hungry..then she will start screaming . We are hoping she won’t act like she needs something else in the next day or so.

Today she has acted much more satisfied after she feeds. She falls asleep on me afterwards. My breasts are starting to feel really heavy now so I think my milk is coming in. I need to try and see if we can get a pump rented soon for those times when we leave her with the grandparents.

I actually enjoy getting up to breastfeed her at night. I didn’t really enjoy it as much with Ethan but I was hurting a lot more with him and we also had a lot of other things going on that affected how I felt.

We are both so in love with her. It is awesome having a boy AND a girl. We feel very lucky and blessed to have her HERE with us especially after having two losses. It is so special seeing Jeremy with his little girl. He is so sweet to her and the way he talks to her melts my heart <3

Here are some photos of her for anyone who isn't on my facebook:

She fell asleep on me after eating <3

Also here is a comparison of one of ethans first pics and one of hers...they look so much alike it is nuts.

missy123 likes this.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
April 29th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the photo of her winking! She already has her personality coming through! That is so sweet that Ethan wanted to make sure that Emily had a toy to play with. It sounds like he's already a great big brother!

I'm glad that your recovery seems to be going better. Must be especially nice with already having Ethan. You have such a beautiful little family.

April 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, mama!! Emily is gorgeous

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
April 29th, 2012, 09:00 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW, what a wonderful birth story and such a sweet, beautiful little girl. Soak it all up mama, you have eared every second of her sweetness! She is just gorgeous!
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 29th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Veteran
she is so BEAUTIFUL! congrats on such a precious baby girl
April 30th, 2012, 12:27 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
She is so beautiful! I'm so glad she is here, and that you are doing well!!

April 30th, 2012, 04:31 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Great birth story and so happy you had a better time with the C section this time. I am sure that helped since you were trying so hard for a Vbac.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Miss Emily is so beautiful. Congratulations Melissa.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

April 30th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's so sweet!!

Jan 2010 August 2011

April 30th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful! The dress in the first picture is so pretty! Is it a handmade dress? I don't normally see dresses like that in the store.

I'm glad recovery is going better this time.
April 30th, 2012, 05:57 AM
mom2moose
Great story and you told it well!! I love her name, and the pic of her winking. She's a dollface. Congrats on your rainbow!!!
April 30th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful. Congratulations on your little rainbow.

April 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's beautiful! I love the picture of her winking. So sweet of Ethan to want to bring her a toy
I'm glad that you are not in as much pain as with your first c-section, I bet that makes a huge difference.

April 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
She is so precious I'm so glad she is here and you are all doing well!

Ps. They look so much alike

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

April 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Congrats again! I've been following on fb, since my time on here has been short lately.

April 30th, 2012, 04:10 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She is super cute and so alert! I love the winking
So glad everything is going so much better than last time around

April 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is beautiful!!!! I saw the pic of her winking and laughed out loud. She is so cute!! I'm sorry you had to have another csection, but I'm glad this one was a little easier on you in some ways.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

May 1st, 2012, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad you are having a better experience this time around! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! She is just too precious! I love the pic of her winking, too cute!

May 1st, 2012, 02:09 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Thank you everyone We have been having a lot of fun with her. I am so glad she is here and we are not still waiting on her arrival.

Tomorrow we are going to get her newborn pics done so that will be exciting. Hopefully I can share some with yall soon!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search