Fertility after loss

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry girls, I know I don't respond a ton lately, but I have been super busy with the move and getting everything unpacked.

Anyway, it has been over a month since my D&C, and I still don't think I have ovulated.... Is this normal?

My last D&C was a couple days later, but the baby died at six weeks then (this time it was 9 weeks)

WDYT?

May 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
After my chemical I had a cycle where I did not ovulate at all. I know it is different from a D&C, but maybe yor body just needs a month to recoup. The month after that one is when I got pregnant with this pregnancy.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 2nd, 2012, 06:17 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my nine wk loss and d&c, I did not O for two months! I did however get a cycle and it was on time, but did not O (no cm, no +opk). On the third cycle I O'd finally. When your pregnancy go's to a certain point, it can take a while to O again, just like when you have a baby. When the placenta actually takes over, your other hormone producing parts go dorment. (ovaries). with an early loss or chemical the placenta never forms, therefore your ovaries never go dorment and fertility go's without a skip, usually.
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
With my first loss I had my D&C and that was when we were 13 weeks. After that I did not O and did not get AF. I finally went to the doctor and she put me on Provera to jump start AF. She said that my body was just in limbo and was not really sure what it was supposed to do. Not sure if starting Provera is an option for you or not.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

May 3rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had bleeding after my D&C for 5 weeks, and got AF around 6 weeks out.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2012, 06:53 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I had a 9 week D&C and I think it took 5 weeks to O but had no success that month.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 3rd, 2012, 08:19 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I think after my D&C it was 6 weeks before AF showed. I didn't test O that I remember.

May 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The funny thing is that i got my first PPAF 6 weeks after my son was born, and I was exclusively breastfeeding....

I started spotting today, so I think AF will come tomorrow....

May 3rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
No advice, just

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search