What could you of done better?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 1 Post By sweet.hun
  • 1 Post By Pitridge

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 07:33 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I occasionally drink caffeine.
I actually ate a cold lunchable tonight. Ooops.
I could walk more.
I could drink more water.
I could of taken more childbirth and of breast feeding classes to better prepare myself.

Were not perfect! What could you or could you of done better in your pregnancy?

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Lost more weight before the pregnancy, I am worried about getting rid of it after the birth of my daughter.
I could also eat better sometimes, drink less soda (although I no longer drink caffeinated soda)
I also ate a lunchable today, but it was a cheese pizza one lol.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
May 7th, 2012, 04:51 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I gained 20lbs from the fertility meds before even getting pregnant. As soon as I started exercising and dieting, I got pregnant on my own! So I am at my heaviest right now!

I also occassionally have a little bit of caffiene (I never go over the allowed limit).
I still eat soft cheeses like feta and blue cheese every now and then.
I have ate lunch meat. Heck, thats what they fed me in L&D when I got admitted the last 2 times!!
I have ate soft serve too. I didn't even know about that one until way late in my pregnancy.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 7th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't know soft serve wasn't allowed! I've eaten quite a few DQ Blizzards!

I could stand to eat healthier. I'm also at my heaviest before even getting pregnant.

May 7th, 2012, 05:53 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Drink more water.

Be better at taking my prenatal everyday (in the beginning it made me more queasy so I took my kids' chewable multi instead, which doesn't have as much in it). Now I just don't like swallowing the enormous pill.

Walk/exercise more. Especially stretching. I get so sore these days.
May 7th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I find it pointless to dwell on what could have been, so my answer to this question is "nothing". I was not perfect, but I have a healthy baby sleeping on my arm right now, so in the end, it doesn't really matter.
missy123 and Belita like this.
May 7th, 2012, 08:40 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^that!

I tried to not be super worried about all the "rules" dunking pregnancy. I followed the ones that made sense to me (no alcohol, smoking, raw fish, extreme sports)...and took the others with a grain of salt. Both my boys are healthy and I certainly had my fair share of hot dogs, ice cream, and lunch meat in both pregnancies. Not to mention I weighed "too much" and drank too little fluids.
May 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My pregnancy where I did everything "perfectly" was the one that ended in loss. It made me a lot more relaxed this time around because doing everything right still couldn't save my little Gabriel.

May 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
My pregnancy where I did everything "perfectly" was the one that ended in loss. It made me a lot more relaxed this time around because doing everything right still couldn't save my little Gabriel.
Both my miscarriages I did everything by the book...so this pregnancy I'm not really going to worry about it too much. I already started it off with a bang by drinking margaritas on Cinco de Mayo. LOL
Belita likes this.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
May 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I find it pointless to dwell on what could have been, so my answer to this question is "nothing". I was not perfect, but I have a healthy baby sleeping on my arm right now, so in the end, it doesn't really matter.
I agree, you can dwell on what you could have done differently all you want, but I don't there is a point. I did my best, I eat right, exercise, took care of myself, tried to get as much sleep as you can (with a toddler) Now I can't can't to meet the LO.
Shadeauxe likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search