How many

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 03:05 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
People will be in the room during delivery? Who will they be?

I am most likely having 4. My husband, my sister, my dad and my MIL... On top of that there will probably be like 10 people in the waiting room! (DH has a big family and very big into family). My dad will be there because he really wants to be. My mom left when I was 12 and my dad has taken care of us since... It may be a little awkward at first but I'm hoping in the moment I won't care cause it means a lot to him.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not pregnant, but with Olivia the plan was always that only Matt (bf) would be in the room.

With baby # 2, it will be Matt, midwife and doula.
May 8th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just Adam and the midwife until after baby arrives and we have a little bonding time...

May 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just me and dh. I think it's a very private/personal moment to have family members gather around seeing me give birth. For me, I don't have much family her either way, and whatever family member is here, would be taking care of Alex.

May 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Other than medical stuff, just DH and I. I may allow the older girls (15+16) if they show interest.

I'm with the rest, rather not have many in there.

May 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Probably my DH and Mother, she really wants to be there for the birth of the child. Personally I don't want everyone to see my hoohas and all that going on during birth. I don't even want the nurse and doctor to see and being how it's my first I feel there will be some embarrassment involved with that.

I've already told my mom and DH that they aren't allowed to 'check down there' or anything.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
May 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
My family is very respectful. It won't be like just staring at my vagina... They just will be in the room to experience the moment.

I understand the private matter but our families are so close it's just what we do... I watched my nephew be born with my sister having like 7 people in the room so it's not odd for us. Haha

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 8th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
i will have my DH my twin sister and my mom. my mom and sister and DD father were with me when i had her and her father was useless but my mom and sister were awesome. my DH now is kind of afraid seems how it is his first baby but i think he will be great. i know my mom and sister are gonna be awesome their excitment with DD really helped when it came to pushing.
May 8th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Veteran
my husband wants to be the only one in the room hes not very fond of my family but i would like my mom and sister to be aloud in even if only for a short time my best friend will also be there but most likly in the waiting room
May 9th, 2012, 04:42 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
It will be just me and DH. I let everyone in for my first son and I will NEVER do that again. I agree, it is an extremely personal moment, and I won't ruin any more labor experiences for me. Each person is different though.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 9th, 2012, 04:52 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will be Me, DH, the midwife and a nurse or 2. And no one in the waiting room! My inlaws will be home watching my kids and my parents are hopefully coming out later in the fall.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 9th, 2012, 06:13 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my son my MIL, FIL, and SIL were all in the waiting room (he was the first baby in the family). I didn't like it at all. I felt pressured (not by them, just internally because they had sat there waiting almost 3 hours already at that point) to let them in before I was ready once baby was born.

With my daughter it was in the middle of the night and MIL/FIL were watching my son. I liked that a lot better. Not that it would have changed much as she was rushed to the NICU.

With this one, no matter what time of day, there will be no one in the waiting room (all local family will have children to be watching). In the actual delivery room with me will be my husband, a doctor, and at least one nurse. I've had NICU teams in there with both prior deliveries to resuscitate the baby and I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time!
May 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dad was in there when my youngest son Kyle was born. He was the one who cut the cord. I wasn't embarrassed at all and I am a pretty modest person. That was my all natural birth and I was just so focused on the delivery that there could have been 1,000 people hanging about and I wouldn't have really paid much attention to them.

Go with the flow and don't be afraid to ask people to leave and wait in the waiting room if it gets too much for you. They will understand.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 9th, 2012, 06:33 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
With my daughter I wanted no one other than Medical staff and DH and his parents came anyway. I just felt weird with them being there so this time I am pushing it harder that NO ONE IS COMING. I am not even allowing visitors after the baby is born they can wait until I get home this time. His parents came and never left and that made it hard to try to breastfeed... and they did not like that I was breastfeeding and said many times how it made them feel awkward and they thought I was only doing it to keep them from having the baby over night.

So this time its just going to be staff, Doula, DH and then I will have to stay 24 hours and I want my mom to stay with me.

I am a very private person when it comes to things like this so that is why my choice. I have friends who will let anyone who wants to come to her births and it doesnt bother her one bit.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, the plan with Reagan was to just have DH, doc, and nurse, however, we had the entire NICU team in there as well, because of the meconium in my water.

Just DH again this time, it was nice and my mom has no desire to be in there...lol! However, she wants to come in soon after, which is fine with me. I was barely able to handle DH telling me to push, push, push along with the nurse, lol!

May 9th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakay View Post
I understand the private matter but our families are so close it's just what we do... I watched my nephew be born with my sister having like 7 people in the room so it's not odd for us. Haha
I have a very close family as well. DH thinks we are a bit crazy because we are so close (his family is not). My mom is not the most positive person in the world, and she would just be seating there with a mad face and not saying anything or helping, so for me, that's not helpful. The rest of my family lives out the country, so they won't there either way.
I do think I will have my mom until it's almost time to push and then she's out and DH very step up

May 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Honestly...a marching band could have been in the room with either of my sons and I wouldnt have cared or noticed I just concentrate a lot during labor and don't really notice who is or isn't there.

With Liam it was my DH and my mom (both of whom ran in at last minute). With Kieran, it was DH, my mom, and a doula. I "invited" my youngest brother, who expressed an interest in seeing him born. But he ended up being in another state and couldn't make it back in time. But he wants to see the next one.

Again, I won't be embarrassed because it is not in my nature...and I am certainly not completely aware when I am pushing my kid out
May 9th, 2012, 10:08 AM
cheryl22's Avatar Veteran
Just me and DH.. Last time i had my mom and sister in the waiting room but i had preeclampsia with DS. So this time im going to drop DS off with my parents and wait till after the baby is born and see how my BP is before i let anyone come to the hospital.

May 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are having a home birth. There will be my midwife if I need her (+ her backup midwife), my doula, J, and if he feels like it, L and his support person.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
May 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just DH. We aren't planning on even telling anyone about my labor until the baby is born. The closest family lives 1.5 hours away so that will give us some bonding time before family can arrive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search