Argh! Sore Breasts!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
My breasts are incredibly sore, particularly the right one and sometimes it's so painful it's unbearable! I have got some breast cream for nursing since I was having chapped nipples.
I have had some leakage lately - is it possible to have mastitis this early on? My right breast (the more painful one) does seem a bit hotter then the left. I was trying to massage them to relieve some pressure and the right one seems to be leaking alot when I do that.

Is there anything I can do to help this? Would you use a cold compress or a warm one?

I worry if my breasts continue to be this sore after the baby is born I won't be able to stand to breastfeed.
I can't even stand for my husband to touch them at times, is this normal?

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
May 12th, 2012, 07:00 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Do you have a fever? Not sure if you can get mastitus if your milk is not in yet?
Mine have been sore off and on. When I take my bra off at night they feel like 100 pound rocks hanging.
Mine get all itchy and full feeling like when I was breastfeeding.
I think its just all normal and your milk ducts getting ready... but if you are really bothered by it maybe talk to you DR/MW? Most OB's know nothing about this though and give bad breastfeeding advice.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 12th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know but I hope you find some relief!

May 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
Do you have a fever? Not sure if you can get mastitus if your milk is not in yet?
Mine have been sore off and on. When I take my bra off at night they feel like 100 pound rocks hanging.
Mine get all itchy and full feeling like when I was breastfeeding.
I think its just all normal and your milk ducts getting ready... but if you are really bothered by it maybe talk to you DR/MW? Most OB's know nothing about this though and give bad breastfeeding advice.
No fever but the breast felt like it had a fever. Massaging it - or I guess it would be self-expressing - caused alot of fluid (I don't know if this is premlk or something else?) to come out - it was clear to slightly white-ish/yellow-ish in color and had no smell.

I am wondering if this is just a blocked duct? I am dumbfounded as to why I am producing this and have yet to give birth or breastfeed. I also have alot of problems with itchy breasts and extremely sore nipples - even with putting on the nursing creme to help soothe sore nipples.

I did find relief in expressing the fluid out - my breast were previously very swollen and almost hard - they are much softer now.

May 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Sounds like you are already producing a good amount of colostrum. Might not be a bad thing but annoying this early.
Maybe bring it up to your DR next

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 14th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would call your doctor. I never had anything like that happen to me, so I have no advice.

May 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
I would call your doctor. I never had anything like that happen to me, so I have no advice.
I go in for an appointment tomorrow and will bring it up with him. I am afraid I will get the usual 'It's normal when you are pregnant' mantra, because any problem I brought up he has said is normal!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search