Log In Sign Up

This bothers me a little


Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pitridge
  • 4 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
May 15th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,074
I'm sure you all know that Tori Spelling is pg again. This article just prove to me how stupid some people are. I will say that your body is your to do whatever you want to do with it, but common sense goes a long way, but maybe when you are rich and famous you don't need common sense.
We don't all follow the doctor's orders, but after having a baby they tell you to not have sex for a couple of weeks, there is a reason for it, she had sex when she brought the baby home. Second, she didn't know you could get pg while BFing, BFing is not a birth control method.
I'm happy for her, she can afford to have more kids, good for her, but I this makes her look like an idiot.

Spelling ignored doctors orders and fell pregnant
__________________
Patty











Reply With Quote
  #2  
May 15th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,105
Wow! And did I hear right that she had just had a c-section? That's really dangerous! I think she's lucky that both she and the baby are okay.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
May 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 554
I have heard people say BFing can act like a birth control method but only if you exclusively BF and don't use pacifiers or anything and then it only works until the baby is like 6 months old?

I wouldn't trust it, I have heard alot of ladies get pregnant when bfing.
Also I am surprised if some women have any libido after giving birth and healing.
__________________









Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
Reply With Quote
  #4  
May 15th, 2012, 08:07 AM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,499
Well, bf'n exclusively, is supposed to suppress ovulation. So in theory, it's unlikely that you can get pg while bf'n...but it does happen. Oh and the reason they say no sex for a while is because you're most fertile right after birth. Some people don't know enough about their own bodies or how reproduction truly works.
__________________

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11



Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Oh and the reason they say no sex for a while is because you're most fertile right after birth. Some people don't know enough about their own bodies or how reproduction truly works.
And after 3 kids you would think that she would already know that.
K.A.T likes this.
__________________
Patty











Reply With Quote
  #6  
May 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 12,105
Yeah, but she would also need to physically recover from her c-section. My mom almost lost my sister and the doctor told her it was because it was too soon after having had my brother by c-section. Granted, this was in the 80s, but I would think she would still need healing time.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
May 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.A.T View Post
Well, bf'n exclusively, is supposed to suppress ovulation. So in theory, it's unlikely that you can get pg while bf'n...but it does happen. Oh and the reason they say no sex for a while is because you're most fertile right after birth. Some people don't know enough about their own bodies or how reproduction truly works.
Also it is very hard on your body after giving birth to sustain another pregnancy so soon (it does happen though) I always heard you were suppose to wait a year or two before trying to conceive again to give your body sufficient time to recover -although this may also have to do with having the baby you just had to be a little less dependent.
__________________









Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
Reply With Quote
  #8  
May 15th, 2012, 11:32 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: illinois
Posts: 8,894
Back when I had my son, my family dr. told me that since I was EBF, birth control was not needed until he was 6mo old. I switched dr.'s by the time he was 4mo and when they asked me about bc, I told them I was EBF. The dr. about fell off his chair and got me on the pill that day! I was only 22 and who was I to argue with the first dr?

My mom got pg with me the first cycle after having my brother, we are 10mo apart. I think it happens, but the odds are way against you when you EBF and the fact that it was the very first cycle. My dr. told me 3mo was the magical month after pg to try to conceive again for a healthy pg. (vaginal of course). At 38, Tori is no spring chicken, so they probably just threw caution to the wind.....she did say would have 10 if she could, God bless!
__________________
momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
May 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,971
I have refrained from giving my opinion about it because it is not nice...but here it is!

I think she has to be one of the stupidest women on the planet.

I can't believe that anyone, the week of giving birth, would be concerned about their husband thinking "sex was going downhill." I am 8 MONTHS postpartum and i still couldnt give two cruds if my husband thinks sex is going downhill. I have a baby who is up every few hours and pair that with brestfeeding hormones and sex is basically one step above flossing my teeth on the "list." She makes their relationship sound pretty darn shallow. Which, as her husband, I would be offended.

And that one would be stupid enough to say " Hattie was a month old, do you seriously think it was planned?" Um....if you DON'T want to get pregnant, use BC. Seriously. If you are a month postpartum even while EBF, you can get pregnant. If you don't want to be, prevent it. Yes, I am aware some people (very few) get preggo with an IUD or other form of birth control used properly. But it is very rare. Act like an adult and get yourself some protection. Don't act all cavalier about it. (This is a pet peeve of mine...it is epidemic. If you really dont care about being preggo, that is fine. But acting all "OMG, I am pregnant and wasn't planning to be" sounds like a high school student. They have 7th grade health class for a reason!)

Because as others mentioned...this is dangerous to her body. There is a reason that doctors recommend a time of abstinence. It is for the body to heal after birth (six weeks is arbitrary...but my midwife explained that they like to make sure the body gets a break and is "recovering" from birth. And six weeks is just the time period they set out). Additionally, pregnancy typically depletes the body of calcium and iron. For the mother and babys health, most doctors like to see a year between delivery and being pregnant again so the supplies can restore. It is not required, but is healthier for moms and babies. AND it can be dangerous to do back-to-back c-sections. The scar tissue is still not set after such a short time. And she is just lucky that baby didn't attach where her uterus was damaged. She would have put herself (the mother of three) in medical jeopardy and would have likely lost the baby as well.

I have never been her biggest fan (frankly, she scares me, I think she is the manliest woman I have ever seen)...but now I will just add stupid to her manlinesss. I just hope things work out fine.

(Excuse my strong opinions about this....but it is just one of those things that drives me batty. Especially that the media is all "Yay, she is pregnant!" Grrrr)
__________________

Last edited by ashj_1218; May 15th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
May 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 13,408
Several of my cousins are 10 months apart. Their mothers found out they were pregnant again at their first PP checkup. She didn't want him to think the sex is going downhill? They had 2 kids before this one. He had to know that you're supposed to wait 6 weeks, or at the very least for PP bleeding to stop. She's got the money to support the kids and the desire to have more, but what she said does make her sound like a moron.
__________________



Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!


Reply With Quote
  #11  
May 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 10,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I think she has to be one of the stupidest women on the planet.
__________________
Patty











Reply With Quote
  #12  
May 15th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
I have refrained from giving my opinion about it because it is not nice...but here it is!

I think she has to be one of the stupidest women on the planet.

I can't believe that anyone, the week of giving birth, would be concerned about their husband thinking "sex was going downhill." I am 8 MONTHS postpartum and i still couldnt give two cruds if my husband thinks sex is going downhill. I have a baby who is up every few hours and pair that with brestfeeding hormones and sex is basically one step above flossing my teeth on the "list." She makes their relationship sound pretty darn shallow. Which, as her husband, I would be offended.

And that one would be stupid enough to say " Hattie was a month old, do you seriously think it was planned?" Um....if you DON'T want to get pregnant, use BC. Seriously. If you are a month postpartum even while EBF, you can get pregnant. If you don't want to be, prevent it. Yes, I am aware some people (very few) get preggo with an IUD or other form of birth control used properly. But it is very rare. Act like an adult and get yourself some protection. Don't act all cavalier about it. (This is a pet peeve of mine...it is epidemic. If you really dont care about being preggo, that is fine. But acting all "OMG, I am pregnant and wasn't planning to be" sounds like a high school student. They have 7th grade health class for a reason!)

Because as others mentioned...this is dangerous to her body. There is a reason that doctors recommend a time of abstinence. It is for the body to heal after birth (six weeks is arbitrary...but my midwife explained that they like to make sure the body gets a break and is "recovering" from birth. And six weeks is just the time period they set out). Additionally, pregnancy typically depletes the body of calcium and iron. For the mother and babys health, most doctors like to see a year between delivery and being pregnant again so the supplies can restore. It is not required, but is healthier for moms and babies. AND it can be dangerous to do back-to-back c-sections. The scar tissue is still not set after such a short time. And she is just lucky that baby didn't attach where her uterus was damaged. She would have put herself (the mother of three) in medical jeopardy and would have likely lost the baby as well.

I have never been her biggest fan (frankly, she scares me, I think she is the manliest woman I have ever seen)...but now I will just add stupid to her manlinesss. I just hope things work out fine.

(Excuse my strong opinions about this....but it is just one of those things that drives me batty. Especially that the media is all "Yay, she is pregnant!" Grrrr)
Your post reminds me of that show 'I didn't know I was pregnant' in which I heard someone refer to it as 'I forgot I was having sex'

I think every adult woman should at least know, any time you have sex - even on b/c you run a risk of getting pregnant !
__________________









Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
Reply With Quote
  #13  
May 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oneida, TN
Posts: 8,355
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
At just 2 weeks post partum with Emily I felt SO READY to have sex again lol. I miss it.

I feel really good though...don't even feel like I have had a csection. I think last time our doctor said we didn't have to wait the full 6 weeks. I will be 3 weeks pp tomorrow so will probably try soon but of course take it slow and nothing crazy.

I don't know what we are going to do for BC yet since I can't be on the pill due to clotting issues and I don't like the idea of mirena and other stuff like that. We are leaning towards just using spermicide and NFP. I am also breastfeeding so I hope that helps SOMEWHAT but I won't totally rely on it. It really sucks to even have to worry about preventing a pregnancy after years of not preventing it lol.

Anyway...I can't believe she had sex when they brought the baby home...
__________________


My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0