Last US 20 weeks...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
My last US was at 20 weeks... I haven't seen my little girl since than... My doctor doesn't do US past that unless medically needed. Well it seems everyone gets more ultrasounds and they end up finding a lot of potential problems like low fluid, big baby, cord problems etc. It makes me worry about my LO cause nothing has been checked for so long.

Anyone else last US at 20 weeks?

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I wish I could say the same but my Dr LOVES doing u/s and I am due to have another quick checkup at 28 weeks (for a low laying placenta to see if it 'moved up'.)

I don't mind seeing u/s and all that, it's amazing - but I'm afraid of the cost after the baby is born. My Dr is kind of younger then other OBs so I am not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
May 18th, 2012, 08:05 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my boys it was like that. I think I had a total of 2 ultrasounds each with Corey and Kyle. Even with Dylan I only had 4 ultrasounds (the extra 2 were due to a low lying placenta).

With Scarlett I had tons of extra testing and ultrasounds but that was because of my age.

Bring it up with your doctor, maybe they will do an extra one for you to ease your mind!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 18th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Missy, it doesn't hurt to ask.

May 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
The ladies I have known who have had low fluid and such had external signs (lack of fundal growth and such) that had them decide to check with an ultrasound.

I always have extra ultrasounds at the end, but that's because of my stillbirth and the fact that I go crazy at the end.

I agree with everyone else, it doesn't hurt to ask, especially if you're worried.

May 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had very few with Kaiden...my gender U/S was at 17 weeks, and then I didnt have another till 39 weeks (and that was because he failed an NST which I had because he wasnt moving)...

I had a ton with Maiya toward the end cause she was measuring small and she was breech, but if she hadnt been, I probably wouldnt have either...
May 18th, 2012, 03:16 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a few extra u/s's with my first 3 but I only had 1 with Cameron. maybe you could ask for one if your worried since it's been a while.

=May '05 and '11

May 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
My last one was 20 weeks as well... but I got a 3D ultrasound for my birthday around 32 weeks.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 19th, 2012, 07:05 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I get them every week because of my GD. It is causing tons of issues for me. Plus now he is breech and refusing to budge no matter what I try. I have my c-section in just over 2 weeks if he does not turn by then. She wants to do it at 38 weeks because of how big he is and the GD can deteriorate the placenta.

I got a lot with my daughter only because she tested positive for spinal bifida, but thankfully did not have it.

With my son I got one, and he could not even determine the gender. It was at 25w. I paid an u/s place to find out the sex a few weeks later. Turns out he was a bad doctor though. He did absolutely no testing or anything on me. I only went in for a h/b test and that was it. I never even got blood drawn.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
May 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
20yrs ago, my dr. did not even give me ONE! I went the entire pregnancy with never seeing my baby. Since he was my first, I thought this was normal, even though my cousins and sister had baby's the same year I did and they got u/s's.

I had only one u/s at 20wks with my 3rd baby. I had two with my 2nd. baby, and thats because he was measuring so far behind on fundal growth at 28wks. He was born 10lbs, lol.

I had 2 with my 4th. 11wks and 20wks. With my last two and this one, I have had more than I count. Age, m/c history, and having sch's with my last two.

If your young and healthy and your baby is doing her kicks like she's supposed to, try and relax. All the problems you talk about are usually noticed in h/b checks or fundal measurements.......or kick counts. but if you cant sleep at night, I would bring it up to your dr. for a nice check between 28 and 32wks. These are nice dates for growth measurements.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will have BPP's to check fluid levels since I have chronic high BP, but I would prefer not to.

I have always been told "oh you have a big 9 pound baby in there" and it was total hogwash. my nice 7 pounders were born and there had been no need to worry myself about a "huge" baby.

So I think late u/s can be a hindrance.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my last u/s with DD at 18 weeks, the anatomy scan. With this one, had I not mentioned my own kidney issues, the last one would have been at 19 weeks - again the anatomy scan, but they did one more at 30 weeks. If the worry consumes you, I would ask, insurance will likely not cover it, which is why most docs won't do them later, but perhaps if you can pay out of pocket, it won't matter...

May 23rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WIth DS I got 3, one to confirm pg, one to confirm sex of baby and the last one was to confirm that he was breech.
With this one because of my age and the cord problem I had a few more. Some doctor don't like the extra exposure, and other think it's necessary. I wouldn't worry, she will be here before you it.

May 23rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had one since 24 weeks and won't unless they think there is a problem. (The only reason I had one at 24 weeks was because they didn't get all the measurements they needed at my anatomy scan.) I'm with some of the other ladies, if you are concerned it couldn't hurt to ask!

Jan 2010 August 2011

May 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Veteran
yep last u/s was at 20wks when we found out we were having a girl its driving me crazy not knowing whats going on in there esp since im concerned about her being breech dr says shes fine but i know how you feel !

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search