Getting worried about movement

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
So I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow (woohoo!) and I'm getting worried because I haven't felt any kicking yet....everyone in my DDC is feeling baby moving, flipping and kicking and I don't feel that. And what scares me is most of the women posting that they feel baby are like 18 weeks along so I'm much further and still no kicking I know that baby is ok because I listen to the hb on my doppler every night (thank goodness for that!!) but do you think something is wrong that I'm not feeling him/her yet? I'm just getting scared and wondering why I don't feel anything yet and other women earlier are (and many are 1st timers likes me!) Should I be worried??

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 17th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Ethans_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldnt worry at all- especially since you are still hearing the heartbeat. I dont think I felt Ethan until 22 weeks or so, and even then I wasnt ever sure if the little flutters were gas or him- with your first it is hard to tell until they start using your stomach as a punching bag- then you will know for sure! This time around, I thought I was feeling this baby move a lot earlier, maybe around 14-15 weeks, but I wasnt getting any hard kicks until about 20-21 weeks. I dont think Rob even felt them on the outside 'til a lot later too.
My neighbor is pregnant with her first and when she was 25 weeks, she still wasnt sure if she had felt anything, and all her dr told her was that she must be carrying more towards her back.
You will feel it soon enough, trust me!

<div align='center'> </div>
</div>
July 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM
soontobemommyto3
do you know if you have an anterior placenta (placenta in the front of the uterus?) I had that with my first and I bearly felt movement until about 26-28 weeks. My husband couldn't feel her from the outside until I was over 28 weeks because of it.

I think it is ok as long as you are hearing the h/b. Do you also hear movement while you are listening to the h/b? It often sounds like swoosh or glug glug when the baby moves. I kept my monitor with my first until I was well into the 3rd trimester and feeling her all the time.
July 17th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to he910
Quote:
do you know if you have an anterior placenta (placenta in the front of the uterus?) I had that with my first and I bearly felt movement until about 26-28 weeks. My husband couldn't feel her from the outside until I was over 28 weeks because of it.

I think it is ok as long as you are hearing the h/b. Do you also hear movement while you are listening to the h/b? It often sounds like swoosh or glug glug when the baby moves. I kept my monitor with my first until I was well into the 3rd trimester and feeling her all the time.[/b]
I don't know about the placenta - nothing has been said to me at any of the appointments I've had. I definitely won't be sending the doppler back anytime soon because it is the only reassurance I have! When I hear the hab I do hear movement going on - basically exactly what you describe. I know I shouldn't compare myself to other ladies in my DDC but its hard not to and not worry.

<span style="color:#333399">JACK MATTHEW BORN NOVEMBER 25TH AT 4:39PM WEIGHING 7LBS 11OZ, 20.5 INCHES

[/url]
July 17th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Katlynsmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Katlynsmommy Send a message via MSN to Katlynsmommy Send a message via Yahoo to Katlynsmommy
dont worry about it to much hon first time moms can feel the baby anywhere between 18wks and up. just depending on where the baby is ect... i dont feel the baby everyday and when i do its either bubbles or bumps.dont stress out to much ok hon.im here if u wanna talk.
July 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
soontobemommyto3
it will be very soon that you feel something. Try drinking some juice and lying down in a quite room and really concentrate on trying to feel it. You might be suprised. You also might be feeling it and not realizing it. First time around kicks don't get strong until late in the 2nd trimester or early 3rd. It feels more like a butterfly in there lightly dancing around.
July 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
try not to worry lovey... if yo uare hearing the h/b on your doppler each day that is a wonderful sign that everything is A-OK in there!

I am a first time mama, and started feeling movement properly around 20w - ie that was the time i could say "yes that was movement" rather than "hmm was that?"... There are a few 1st time mama's in my DDC and they didn't feel movement until after 20w, so it's absolutely normal!

chances are you ARE getting movement now, but dont' realise it!

July 22nd, 2006, 01:54 AM
Kiwi*Mummie*of*4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not too worry I havent really felt my baby move and lots of women in y DDC have felt theres and are showing and I am not showing at all.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search