average heartbeat

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was just wondering what the average heatbeat should be for the fetus
around 6 or 7 weeks?

also I though I should have been 7 weeks on the dot but when we got the ultrasound done the baby was measuring 6 weeks 4 days ( I know that is only 3 days different ) I heard and saw the heartbeat. Should I be worried about anything?

I am trying so hard not to worry but after having 3 miscarriages, it just seems like I am worried about every ache and pain in my body. 2 of my m/c's happen naturally by there self so I am trying not to look to see if I see blood everytime I use the restroom its just a nervous habbit I guess. Any advise on how to overcome all these worries when I have heard nothing but good news so far on this pregnancy.

thanks to all.....

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!
July 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try not to worry. If you got a heartbeat that's great!

I think a heartbeat between 120-180 is considered normal but I am not sure if that's at 7 weeks (definitely by 12 weeks). I have read in otehr places that anything over 100 is OK.

I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy!

July 17th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I think a heartbeat between 120-180 is considered normal but I am not sure if that's at 7 weeks (definitely by 12 weeks). I have read in otehr places that anything over 100 is OK.

I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy![/b]
thank you for your advise

I think the more feedback/ more postive information I read the less worried I will become.

They told me the heartbeat was 129.

July 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
margo1973's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

I think the more feedback/ more postive information I read the less worried I will become.

[/b]
129 is definitely normal. That's great.

July 17th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
129 is definitely normal. That's great.

thanks
and congrats on your pregnancy
do you know if you are having a boy or girl?
I already have a boy so I would be complete if I get a girl LOL
[/b]

July 17th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Stacy29's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby's h/b was 111 at 6 weeks 1 day... I think you're doing great!!! A h/b is the BEST thing you could ask for!!!

They still say I'm two days behind when I KNOW I conceived... grrrr. We didn't even have sex after that, so HELLO!!! But, when it comes to u/s, they can be up to a week behind or ahead and they consider that fine.... so who knows???? I'm not too worried about it.

I only had one m/c, and I was a freakin nervous wreck during the ENTIRE first trimester. I tried soooo hard to think positively... and it may have helped, who knows... but baby is doing great!!! I think you'll be just fine... Sounds like your baby is hangin' on and time will fly by (especially after the first trimester is up!!). Good luck!!!

Braden Keith (11/22/06) & Kinsley Brooke (5/20/09)

July 17th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Stacy29

well first congrats on your pregnancy 18 weeks you have made it to the "safe zone" good luck!!!!!!

thank you for that reply
that takes so much pressure off me...hearing that someone else was/is in the same boat as me....
I never heard a heartbeat on the others so this one seems to be "sticking"

I had that same thought " I think I new when it happened" we can't all be lucky and have sex everyday LOL

that also makes me feel a lot better about the size can be a week difference also.

I am a little over 7 weeks so just a few more weeks for me to go so I can make it past the 1st trimester )

Thanks again for your support

July 20th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
at 6 or 7w the h/b is still getting stronger & working up to it's peak, so you'll probably find it's between 110-130bpm... therebouts anyway...

I think the peak for the HB is around 12-13w, and then it slows down a bit....

For me, Gaby's h/b was 164bpm at the 12w5d US, and the 19w1d US was 146bpm... she seems to average between 130-150bpm now

July 21st, 2006, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
at 6 or 7w the h/b is still getting stronger & working up to it's peak, so you'll probably find it's between 110-130bpm... therebouts anyway...

I think the peak for the HB is around 12-13w, and then it slows down a bit....

For me, Gaby's h/b was 164bpm at the 12w5d US, and the 19w1d US was 146bpm... she seems to average between 130-150bpm now [/b]

THANK YOU

AND CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

July 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Super Mommy
at 5 w 5 d my baby's hb was 93 and then a week later it was 160. i think it seems to start out slow and then increase. i have read that and it seems to happen to alot of people.

~Tracy~

July 21st, 2006, 02:26 PM
Regular
I know exactly how you feel don't worry you will be fine. I just lost my baby back at the end of May. I all of a sudden got pregnant right away it was real freaky because it takes me about 3 years to get pregnant. Anyways I was so excited to be pregnant right after losing a baby but so afraid I would lose again. I went for my heartbeat last Wensday and the heartbeat came in at 108-115. I was happy to even see a heartbeat but tehy called me into the Dr office to talk and he said he wants to see a faster heartbeat he would like it over 120.. He asked me if I was spotting and all my fears came back to me. I know how you feel but your heartbeat is GREATT!!! Be so happy that it is over 120.

tammy

To the love of my life
July 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
thank you ladies for your replys and good luck with your pregnancy.

July 31st, 2006, 06:14 AM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Just wanted to add that mine was only 89 bpm at 5 wk 5 days, then at exactly 10 weeks it was around 184-189! I was amazed because it goes up so fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search