How do you picture your ideal labor?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By ~Tanya~
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 1 Post By kaylakay
  • 4 Post By Shadeauxe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
No negative thoughts/comments allowed. This is an 100% positive thread about labor to help give us some confidence and positivity about what's to come.

What would your ideal labor be? Describe in a paragraph or so. Would it be slow build up or intense but over quick? Water birth? Natural birth? Pain relief in moderation? Who would catch baby? What would happen straight after birth? Who would be present at each stage? How long would you want to stay at home?

After all, thought creates reality. Even if you can't have the ideal for real, focusing on the ideal could help bring MORE of those energies your way, and also boost your confidence.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

May 30th, 2012, 08:20 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
My ideal labor would be...

I just had a wonderful nights sleep and I woke up to eat some breakfast... My breakfast was delicious and I was truly satisfied. I head to go get ready for the day. I shower, shave everything and feel refreshed. I blow dry my hair and just put a tad bit of makeup on. I then would go play with my puppies and maybe sit down to watch a movie with hubby. A few minutes into the movie I start having contractions... Nothing to painful but noticeable. DH and I finish the movie and my contractions are becoming more regular so we start to prepare. I get my bags and everything else and head towards the hospital. At this point my contractions aren't horrible and we stop by and get some lunch. I call my family and tell them it's time and were heading over. Once we arrive at the hospital the nurses and secretary are so nice! They get me settled in my room and check me and I'd be about 4cm. At that point I'd ask for an epidural so I wouldn't feel the pain. My contractions are still wonderful and baby is doing great... The MD comes in and inserts my epidural which doesn't hurt one bit and the epi works wonders. I can barely feel anything and can now rest. I sleep for a few hours and let my body progress. I then feel pressure so we alert the nurse... Once the nurse comes in she checks me and I'm a 10! She calls the doctor and they set everything up. I would be so happy cause I slept through most of my labor. I push about 3 pushes and she just slides right now. No tearing, no cuts or anything. Just see my perfect little girl. I would have an easy recovery and start to feel normal very soon. BF would be easy as pie and I go home from the hospital 2 days later to enjoy our new gift.

Hahahahahah! That is my perfect and long scenario. You think that's gonna happen? Yeah right!

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
May 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Absolute ideal would be to start Friday afternoon but be mild enough that I can make and eat dinner before having to drop the kids off anywhere and go to the hospital. My husband is planning on taking 5 days off of work and that would mean two weekends would be covered--and thus 9 days before he would have to go back to work and leave me with 3 kids.

Early labor would be easy enough to do things like last minute tidying of the house, baking cookies for the hospital nurses, making and eating dinner, etc. After that they would pick up to let me know that things are getting going. I'd continue to remain comfortable while my husband drops the kids off with his parents.

We would arrive at the hospital around 7 or 8 pm with me still calm/comfortable and I'd be around 6-8cm. My water would still be intact. In an hour or two after getting to the hospital, my body would start pushing. The doctor would assist with the head and shoulders and I would then take my baby under the arms and pull her up to my chest. My husband and I would be allowed to rub her with a blanket and get a diaper on without anyone taking her away and I'd have skin to skin time with her before any vitals or newborn procedures are done.

This isn't complete fantasy. My daughter's labor was similar to how this starts (except the day of the week and time of day). Things were only different at the pushing/after birth portion.

Last edited by silverlife; May 30th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
May 30th, 2012, 09:59 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmm...

That is hard - I had a darn near perfect birth with my second. but Ideal - that is hard! LOL

I would wake after a good nights sleep to contractions. I would not be worried about what my kids were going to do because in this fantasy my inlaws are awesome. I would get everyone fed and pottied, while the contractions start to pick up.

I wouldn't be worried about how we would get to the hospital because I would be having a home birth.

My inlaws show up at this point and take the kids out for the rest of the day. I get in the shower and DH comes in the bathroom and helps me relax through contractions.

My mythical midwife would show up now, and check me. I have been in labor for 4 hours and already progressed to an 8.

I sit in my birth ball and do some walking in the house, and then finally time to push. After 2-3 pushes he is born in my bedroom and all is right with the world.

My inlaws then bring my boys home and quietly leave giving us time to bond.

the end.

this will never happen - my inlaws are jerks.
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

May 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well.....My mom would make it on time, it would happen on a Friday night, so DH can be with us a bit longer. DS would be asleep through the whole thing and the next morning my mom would bring him to the hospital. As for labor, easy and quick, no tearing, no cuts, since we are sort of dreaming about this, I would like mild pain, no epi, just a wonderful natural birth.

May 30th, 2012, 01:42 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
I am 38.5 weeks pregnant baby is in the perfect birthing position, the midwives have given me a hard but labor inducing stretch and sweep. I am getting contractions but nothing too bad. I go home, take a shower and get in bed. I am able to put Marsi to sleep and get a when the contractions wake me up. I get into the tub to labor a little longer. I can no longer talk or walk in between contractions so we decide to head out to the birth center after alerting the midwives. They fill the tub with perfect warm water and check me. I am at a 7! They turn the jets on and I relax more and quickly get to a 10 and it is time to push. After 10 minutes of pushing, baby is born in the birth tub and placed on my chest right about the time that Marsi wakes up for the morning.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had an ideal labor with my son - I wake up from a restful night, eat some cereal and sit on the couch... That is when my water breaks, without having felt one contraction. Then I go take a shower to help ease the contraction pains, which really weren't that awful, while my sister cleans up the water breaking mess. I come out of the shower, at which time a little over an hour has passed, and insist to everyone it's time to go to the hospital (even though I'm told I should wait a while longer). My sister drives me to the hospital less than 10 minutes away - I love the security of the hospital. We go in and I am taken to Maternity where I am telling them in a nice calm voice () that I have to go to the bathroom - which kicks them into gear & I am brought quickly in the room where they discover that the baby's head is already crowning... About half an hour later the baby is born. From start to finish, labor and delivery takes 2hrs

It would be great if that could happen again
Belita likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tanya~ View Post
I had an ideal labor with my son - I wake up from a restful night, eat some cereal and sit on the couch... That is when my water breaks, without having felt one contraction. Then I go take a shower to help ease the contraction pains, which really weren't that awful, while my sister cleans up the water breaking mess. I come out of the shower, at which time a little over an hour has passed, and insist to everyone it's time to go to the hospital (even though I'm told I should wait a while longer). My sister drives me to the hospital less than 10 minutes away - I love the security of the hospital. We go in and I am taken to Maternity where I am telling them in a nice calm voice () that I have to go to the bathroom - which kicks them into gear & I am brought quickly in the room where they discover that the baby's head is already crowning... About half an hour later the baby is born. From start to finish, labor and delivery takes 2hrs

It would be great if that could happen again
I want this labor!!!! If mine went that fast id be okay with no epidural! Hahahahaha!
~Tanya~ likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 06:43 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Labor with Bryson was pretty good.
1:30am woke up had to pee. tried to go back to sleep but was just not comphy. I was having contraction but it took me awhile to figure it out. in between each contraction I had to poo... guess my body was cleaning itself out. started to time my contractions on my phone and they were 3-4 minutes apart.

3:00 called my doula, contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart. woke DH up but he went back to sleep thinking it would be hours more.

4:00 my doula got here and contractions were 1 minute apart. She said we need to call the hospital now. I woke up DH packed the car up and headed to the hospital.

4:50 got to triage. They did a cervic check and I was an 8 already. They called to get a birth center room ready and it would be about 45 minutes. Just then my water broke. I felt the urge to push so they had no time to wait for a birth center room and took me into L&D. They moved me to the bed and got my pants off. I laid on my right side while the nurse held my left leg up. I never really had to push my body just did it on its own. I had no IV, a nurse held a heart monitor on my belly, no epidural, no Pit.

5:34 Bryson was born 100% natural birth with a very small tear.

The only thing I wish I could change was where I had him and I wanted a water birth but there was no time.
I would rather had the birth I had then be in labor for hours on end in the birth center.

Madison, I was induced and it lead to all kinds of medical interventions and a really big epsiotomy.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
May 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want Tanya's birth! Quick and pain-free!

May 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I agree with the other ladies... Tanya I want that

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

May 30th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It was nice that's probably why I don't really fear labor so much... My sister had me freaked out & I ended up getting it easy

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

May 30th, 2012, 10:13 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love Selena's birth all over again. Start contractions at 9pm, get the epi at midnight and baby born at 2am with no pain, other than the strong urge to push and this time I dont have to wait for the dr. to get there in order to get her out in one push again!

Mia's was good too. Induced at 39wks before labor even started, was given the epi, played poker and ate for 12hrs while laughing, pushed twice with no feeling and she was here.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

May 31st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof6lopez View Post
I would love Selena's birth all over again. Start contractions at 9pm, get the epi at midnight and baby born at 2am with no pain, other than the strong urge to push and this time I dont have to wait for the dr. to get there in order to get her out in one push again!

Mia's was good too. Induced at 39wks before labor even started, was given the epi, played poker and ate for 12hrs while laughing, pushed twice with no feeling and she was here.
Ill take this one too. No pain is my kind of birth. I hope I get as lucky as you ladies!!!
~Tanya~ likes this.

June 1st, 2012, 04:30 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Even though I didn't have a natural birth with Cody I would go through his birth again. I didn't have any pain during the c-section or feel any pressure. The recovery afterwards has been great.
June 1st, 2012, 06:23 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Ideal would be getting an email or a phone call from someone letting me know that the baby is ready to arrive, driving leisurely to the delivery location, where the baby makes its way out on command with no pain and no complications.
Pitridge, geogeek, ~Tanya~ and 1 others like this.
June 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Um for my next baby, anything natural with as few medical interventions as I can get lol. basically anything other than a csection lol. I really don't want to be cut open again.

If I have to have another csection, this is what I want it to be like. I most likely will need another csection. That's not being negative.. that's being realistic. I'm not built for birth and neither is my mom lol. The video is kinda long, but very worth watching. I didn't get to see my daughter and try to nurse her until she was almost 2 hours old. This is exactly what i want and will make me feel so much better about my next csection, so I don't even need to write anything out lol.
The natural caesarean: a woman-centred technique - YouTube

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
I know I'm late on this one, but I'm gonna answer anyway.

I would start getting contractions in the late afternoon on Friday. Nothing too bad, just enough to know that the baby is coming. I'd make dinner, clean the house up, and get Olivia tucked into bed. As soon as she was asleep, that's when things would really kick into high gear. Matt's parents would come over to watch Olivia overnight (this is why I want a Friday, so that it's not a huge inconvenience to them as they wouldn't have to work the next day). We would go to the hospital and I'd be told that I'm at 5cm around 8pm. Someone would fill the tub with nice hot water, and I'd get in right away. I'd continue on in there while getting massages from my doula and my boyfriend. Around 4am things get much more painful. 5am they check me again, I'm at 10. I get out of the tub and make my way on to the bed where I give birth after 15 to 20 minutes of pushing. The baby goes straight to my chest immediately and no one does anything to the baby for an hour - the baby and I are left completely alone to just bond, have our skin-to-skin contact, and nurse whenever it feels right. Matt is right there beside us the whole time. Around 6:30 they take the baby to do what they do, and while they are doing that we call Matt's parents. Olivia wakes up around 7am and that's around the time we'd be calling. They would get her ready and then bring her to the hospital to meet the new baby around 8:00

I can dream, right?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search