Intro

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By ~Tanya~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 06:54 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I just learned about this group. I'm glad I found you guys. I'm 16 1/2 weeks pregnant after miscarrying 6 months ago. The baby that I lost was a girl and the baby that I'm carrying now is a boy. It's really hard for me to connect with him because he's not "her". I'm just now starting to fully feel the grief of our daughter's loss and it's really hard. The baby I'm carrying was planned and he is wanted. I want to love him as much as I would've loved the little girl we lost.

June 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl, and want to say congratulations for the very wanted/loved little boy you are now blessed with. When your holding your brand new baby boy in your arms soon, you will forget all about being disconnected and will love him unconditionally. I too lost a baby girl at 9wks, and had another baby girl after her......it was hard emotionally knowing that she was not her sister and would never replace her. by the time I made it to 20wks, I was fully connected to my new daughter, but never forgot about the soul that had to be lost to get this new one, its bittersweet.
LiamsMother likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 2nd, 2012, 04:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Amanda! Welcome to the group

I know right now it seems like you are disconnected, but I think with time you will bond with this baby too. I want a boy so badly this pregnancy & at times I analyze the why? I always have this underlying fear that it's to make up for losing Daniel, but I know no other baby can replace him. If it's a girl, I think I'll be very disappointed, but like you will love her unconditionally.

I'm happy you found this group. The ladies are so great & it really helps to have a place where it's ok to talk about our fears

It's going to work out sweetie!
TnPhotoMama81 likes this.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 2nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Congrats on your baby boy and welcome to the group. I am glad you found us.

So sorry for your previous loss

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
June 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations on your baby boy, and I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter.

I'm also glad that you found us. The ladies here are all wonderful and so, so supportive. My daughter is already a year old but I just haven't been able to leave them!
June 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on you pregnancy and I'm sorry for the loss of your baby girl.

I also went on to have a boy after loosing a baby girl. There are always the "what if's" but if we hadn't lost Lilly we never would've had the most perfect awesome boy ever. I couldn't even imagine life without my Jax.
June 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that your able to find comfort and support by coming to this board.

=May '05 and '11

June 3rd, 2012, 08:51 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Thank you for all of the welcomes. I look forward to getting to know all of you in this supportive group.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search