Ava's Birth Story

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2012, 05:54 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Friday June 8th I had this killer dull backache... It seriously was just kind of there not a big deal sometimes I would get "waves" of worse pain but it wasnt countable or anything so I brushed it off. Well I was sitting and dinner with my dad, dh and little brother. We were all joking around that my water should break well little did we know once I stood up I felt a gush and ran to the bathroom. I wasnt like soaked only kind of wet so I was like well I will hop into the shower and well go to L&D just to get checked out. I really wasnt convinced... I hop into the shower and the contractions hit me hard. But I only felt them in my back... They were about 3 minutes apart lasting 1 minute. I scream to DH I am like 80% sure I am in labor and get all the things together. As I was finishing my shower and breathing through contractions DH was running around throwing everything together. It was a crazy moment.

So we get into the car and head towards the hospital which is usually 15 minutes away... But you know with my luck there was terrible traffic and it took us 45 minutes. I was screaming through contractions at this point. My contractions were ALL in my back and hips. I didnt feel one thing in the front. I get to the hospital finally and we walk in and we head up to L&D... Im pretty sure my contractions were about 2 minutes apart and I was crying at this time. They bring me into my room and all I want to do is walk. I dont want to sit or lay down cause I was hurting so bad... Well they had to have me lay down in order to check me and my water so I had to and I was crying so hard. My husband was pushing against my hips just trying to relieve some pressure. They checked the paper to see if my water broke. It did and Ava had gone to the bathroom in it. They check me and I was only a 4! I begged for an epidural and they paged the doctor for me. Literally within in an hour of getting to the hospital I got all my blood work done and my epidural in place. My epidural was wonderful. I couldnt feel ANYTHING. Not even pressure of the contractions and I could still wiggle my toes a bit. I suggest an epidural to everyone,

So anyway Im as comfy as Im going to bed, epidural in, just relaxing and laboring... My dad, sister and DH were all telling jokes and this is where the problems started... My heart rate became extremely fast were talking like 160-180. They had me on oxygen and everything... They just couldnt get it down... Then Avas heart rate went up to about 180 and there was no variation... My temp was also 102.00 at this point. My doc decided to start some Pitcoin just so she would come faster and not be inside with the infection... I agreed and I only dialated 1 CM an hour (which would of been fine if it was a normal labor and no infection... Well my temp wouldnt come down and Avas heart rate went up to 210. I knew I would be getting a c-section.

Doc comes in says your getting an emergency c section right now... Your baby is in distress your body is laboring fast enough so here comes the scary part. I was so scared. I was scared for my baby, I was scared to get cut open, the recovery just everything! Everything happened so fast I couldnt really show fear they had me in that OR and prepped within like 10 minutes. I already had an epi so they just "topped" it off. Next thing I know they say... "Can we start?" and my husband laughs and says they started 5 minutes ago. Just to prove I wouldnt feel them cutting, Haha. Well about 6 minutes later I feel this intense pressure and they delivered Ava. She was screaming so loud and everyone was commenting on her hair. (She has tons of it) The NICU team took her right away and DH followed them. So here I was getting sewn up, all alone, couldnt even believe what just happened.

Well DH finally brought Ava over to me while I was still getting worked on... She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and looks just like me. Hah. Even all the doctors were like "Wow! You look like your mama!" David had to bring her down to the nursery and I had to stay up in recovery. I was very sick, very tired and very sore.

Long story short since she needed all the antibiotics and all the care... I didnt get to hold my baby for almost 4 hours.

She is the most beautiful baby on the planet. I love her more than anything. I would go through it again for her. I am extremely sore and have been bed ridden due to the pain pretty much since my c section. I finally showered this morning and it felt so good. Ava and I are having a hard time breast feeding... But Im working on it. We both are still getting IV antibiotics.

Not what I planned at all but hey thats usually how it goes. Sorry it kind of slows down at the end Im getting really uncomfy typing.

I will post pictures later.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
June 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
mom2moose
Glad Miss Ava was delivered safely. Sounds like you're in love. Congrats and enjoy that baby!!!!! LOL
June 10th, 2012, 06:48 AM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!!!

June 10th, 2012, 06:50 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe, what a special moment for you and your dh. Congrats on bringing your baby girl into the world safely, you did a wonderful job mama! Wish it were different as far as how scary it was, but you'll have the rest of your life to tell this story to her over and over again!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 10th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great attitude you have about having to have a c-section! I can't wait to see photos of little Ava!

June 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Sounds like you are taking it all in stride So glad she is here and safe and looks just like you (cause what mama doesn't love that??)

Congrats again. I hope your recovery gets easier and she gets better at nursing.
June 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! I'm sorry you had a scary birth, but I'm so happy you and Ava are doing well.

June 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Glad she arrived safely. My first child had some heart rate problems so I understand that fear. Hope you both have a smooth recovery and get better fast. Congratulations!

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Sorry about the emergency c-section and infection, but congratulations on having your LO in your arms! It must be an amazing feeling.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
June 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it wasn't your ideal birth. I can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats. Hope you both recover quickly

June 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Congrats,
Sorry I did not go as planned.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 10th, 2012, 05:35 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Phew, that was a rough ride for you guys! I'm sorry the recovery has been so hard... I've been there, and it is NO FUN! But thank goodness for a healthy, beautiful little girl! Can't wait to see her pics!

June 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM
tobi4's Avatar Tobi
Wow! Quite a story! Congrats on your little princess. Know that breastfeeding is HARD. It is really hard, amazing how hard it is, since thats the way we are meant to feed our babies lol. Keep at it, get lots of help, and really- put as much of your areola into her mouth as you can. Or it will hurt. Oh and when shes latching, kind of drag your nipple down across her lips. It will help get her bottom lip into position and will help the latch tremendously. Air dry your nipples faithfully. And again, get lots of help. Latch is everything! You can do it!

[/url
June 11th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a rough ride! Glad she is here safe and sound!

Jan 2010 August 2011

June 11th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, what a birth story! I am so glad you are both doing well, my first DD had meconium in her bag of waters and had to be in the NICU for 2 days just in case. It is scary when something goes "out of the ordinary".

Get lots of rest and can't wait to see pics when you are feeling up to it! Congrats again

June 11th, 2012, 10:42 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on finally having your sweet girl in your arms. I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that to get her here. I hope that you have a quick recovery. Enjoy her!!

=May '05 and '11

June 11th, 2012, 03:49 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad your baby girl is here safe and sound I'm sorry your labor was so scary and crazy. I hope that you recover quickly!

June 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it didn't go as planned, but she is here now, enjoy and congrats!
Can't wait to see pictures.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search