Blankets...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 09:51 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
What kind of blankets are you getting for baby?
Soft, thin, thick, silky, etc.

Will you swaddle?
If so will you do your own or buy the pre-done ones?

Will you buy receiving blankets?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
We have a mix of blankets. The ones we use the most right now are these. The are awesome and so versatile. We use them as blankets, shade makers (new word) in the car seat, nursing covers and emergency spit up wipers. They are huge and would be great for swaddling, which Little Miss did not care for.

The flannel receiving blankets, like this, are crap blankets but are great clean up cloths. I have a bunch leftover from when my son was a baby and use them are burp cloths and spit up removers.
June 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hm... We don't have ANY baby blankets yet. Oh - aside from the one that was mine when I was a baby. It's like a little baby comforter. It's super cute.

Aside from that, I'm not sure. We'll probably end up getting a couple different kinds just because we're new to all of this and we'll just see what we end up using.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

June 14th, 2012, 02:05 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of blankets are you getting for baby? the left over kind from my other babies! most of them are stretch and soft.

Will you swaddle? yes
If so will you do your own or buy the pre-done ones? I have a mircale blanket and I will use that. It worked wonders for my boys.

Will you buy receiving blankets? I have a bunch, I just use them on the changing table or wherever I am changing baby. not sure what else to do with them. I may use one early on as a blanket for baby when going out, but it will be cold after too long so something heavier will be needed.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

June 14th, 2012, 05:42 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
This is my absolute favorite blanket site for the soft fuzzy ones: My Blankee

We have a ton of flannel Carter's swaddle blankets that we saved from Josiah's birth. I also want to get a few Aedan +Anais muslin swaddle wraps before this baby comes.

June 15th, 2012, 03:16 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I used whatever is big enough to swaddle him in. He still loves to be swaddled but I think that is because they swaddled him really tight in NICU. I use cloth diapers for burp cloths.

I am going to go out and buy some sleep sacks today. I am terrified of him coming undone and suffocating himself.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search