28week Appointment - U/S and Update! (x-posted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Today I went in for my 28week checkup, I had to drink some super-sugary orange drink for a diabetes test.

Went in to do my 4D u/s, we had a different tech today who was very much against us taking any sort of photos or videos during the u/s, even though the other tech and Doctor had okay'd it in the past. My husband sneakily recorded anyways.

First thing they checked my cervix and placenta and I am happy to say the placenta-previa is not longer an issue as the placenta has stretched away from the cervix like we had hoped.

It was kind of hard to tell what we were looking at - at first, the tech was really zoomed in checking the tummy and head - we were reassured she is still a girl of course. Finally we got to the 4D part, she was snuggled up against the placenta and we only got to see her profile but oh my goodness was it amazing. She had the cutest chubbiest cheeks and was even practicing swallowing and suckling during the u/s. She also had her feet up by her head and I swore in one picture it looked like she was opening her eyes just a little bit.

It was the most awesome thing ever to finally see her face clearly - or well about as clearly as she would let us. She is measuring normal and weighs 2lbs 14 oz! She also doesn't have a cleft-lip, something we didn't know for sure until this checkup.

My OB assured me as long as my diabetes test comes back normal (i will know tomorrow) and my blood pressure stays in check I should be okay for a vaginal-birth, at least I have my fingers crossed for that. I also found out I don't weigh as much as I was thinking I did so I think overall I have gained about 13 lbs.

Sorry about the pictures being a bit shiny, we had to take pictures of the pictures with our camera instead of the scanner.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days

Last edited by Jessghetti; June 14th, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
June 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, I can't believe how far along you are
It seems like you had a good appointment other than having a bad u/s tech
Happy to hear about the placenta!

June 15th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
First, I can't believe how far along you are
It seems like you had a good appointment other than having a bad u/s tech
Happy to hear about the placenta!
Yeah me neither! I believed I joined here when I was 6 or 8 weeks along, I saw so many other ladies farther along and wondered if I would ever get as far into my pregnancy.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
June 15th, 2012, 09:05 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^I think everyone thinks that! Lol.

Cute, cute pictures. And it sounds like great news all around. Don't worry too much about the glucose test. I know lots of people fail the first one and than sail thru the second one. So I hope you get good news about it regardless.

And very cool about seeing her opening her eyes. She is certainly doing it now. I saw Kieran do it once on a sonogram. It was a little creepy, but still cool! Lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search