Not so Good News..

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I just got a call from the Doctor's office saying my blood-sugar test came back a little too high, I have to go in for the 3 hour test next Friday.

I am really worried, does this mean for sure I have Gestational Diabetes? I feel horrible about it and really scared. I know it'd just be one more prescription I will be on - but it also complicates this pregnancy too. Having pre-exsisting high blood pressure doesn't make me feel too good either.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
June 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also have pre-exhisting high BP - I'm taking my 1hour gtt again today, I passed the first time with 131, but because I am lucky they want me to take it again. I'm nervous but trying not to panic.

I've read a lot of women will fail the 1 hour, but pass the 3 hour with no problem - I'm sure that will be your case!

Did they put you on anything for the BP? I had hoped they would put me on something for it, but so far they haven't. I am trying to keep it down in the 130's/80's by drinking a butt load of water - more than a gallon a day, but I just know they are going to play the Pre-e card later on.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

June 15th, 2012, 09:11 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry . I hope that you pass the 3 hour with flying colors!!

=May '05 and '11

June 15th, 2012, 10:03 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I've seen a lot of women fail the 1 hour one and pass the 3 hour one Try not to worry dear (*I know it's hard). I hope when you go for the 3 hour one next Friday your numbers are fine!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did they give you a diet to follow before the test? If not, you may want to google it and follow it.

I take the test about every year since I have hypoglycemia and it can eventually change to diabetes. (Thankfully during pg, my sugars are normal due to the baby demanding the insulin needs also).

Most people will pass the 3 hour. If you fail, it will depend on how badly you fail as to what they will do. Some can be controlled just with diet. Some do require insulin (either pills or injections).

Good luck. And bring something to do. The lab areas are BORING for that long.

June 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you didn't pass I bet you will pass the 3hr one with no problem.

June 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Definetely follow the diet before your next test! If you can control it with diet before it turns into full on GD, then I would start now.

A lot of people pass the 3 hour but fail the 1 hour test, so you may be ok. GD caused all my issues with Layne though, so be very careful if you do have it.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
June 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
Ditto the other ladies. I hope you pass the 3 hr! Id def bring something to do while u wait.

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
June 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
I also have pre-exhisting high BP - I'm taking my 1hour gtt again today, I passed the first time with 131, but because I am lucky they want me to take it again. I'm nervous but trying not to panic.

I've read a lot of women will fail the 1 hour, but pass the 3 hour with no problem - I'm sure that will be your case!

Did they put you on anything for the BP? I had hoped they would put me on something for it, but so far they haven't. I am trying to keep it down in the 130's/80's by drinking a butt load of water - more than a gallon a day, but I just know they are going to play the Pre-e card later on.
I am on Aldomet for my BP, I have been since I had my m/c back in September. It took awhile to get my bp down to normal but it usually runs pretty good. I also gave up caffeine because of it.

I am also getting off sugary-drinks completely, save for the occasional juice or milk and switching to water.

It's hard for me to stop drinking orange juice in the morning, I love it so much. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspkids View Post
Did they give you a diet to follow before the test? If not, you may want to google it and follow it.

I take the test about every year since I have hypoglycemia and it can eventually change to diabetes. (Thankfully during pg, my sugars are normal due to the baby demanding the insulin needs also).

Most people will pass the 3 hour. If you fail, it will depend on how badly you fail as to what they will do. Some can be controlled just with diet. Some do require insulin (either pills or injections).

Good luck. And bring something to do. The lab areas are BORING for that long.
No diet to follow, I had apple juice, a blueberry muffin and a yogurt prior. All were kind of sugary but it had been a few hours since I had eaten them when I went in for the test.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
June 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you pass the 3 hour one!

June 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty common for women to fail the 1-hour and pass the 3-hour test. I had that happen to me with my son. The worst part of the test is sitting around in the lab not being able to eat/drink and being poked for four blood draws.
June 16th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Google the diet and follow it. It's not hard and it will definitely make sure that it was just too much beforehand.
Good luck

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search