Pregnancy, loss, and child mentioned.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2012, 10:20 PM
LisaG825's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some of you may remember me.

My name is Lisa (almost 28 in August) and my dh (Matt is 30). We have an angel named Gabriel. He grew his wings on December 16th, 2009. I also have a 1 year old son named Jacob. He was born on May 30, 2011. I am currently about 9w - 9w5d right now. I am still breastfeeding and since I lost my first son my periods have not been regular. I got pregnant with Jacob on a 24 day cycle. I have had one u/s so far that showed my due date is January 15th, but if you go by my period and a 28 day cycle it would be Jan. 18th.

SORRY THIS IS A LONG POST SO I UNDERSTAND IF YOU DO NOT FINISH IT.

**LOSS MENTIONED BELOW**

A little about my angel. I lost him at 15w4d. I was very sick during my entire pregnancy. Around 14 weeks I gained about 13 lbs because of swelling. I had 4 ultrasounds by that point in my pregnancy. I had spotting and bleeding early on. Nothing abnormal on any of the u/s. Then a few days later I was feeling dizzy, etc. Ended up with high bp so I was put on bedrest for a couple of days. It seemed like it was better, but then went back up so I was put on meds on a friday. I also found out that I had protein in my urine so they had me do a 24 hour urine. I ended up only doing it for about 23 hours, but it came back extremely high so they wanted me to redo it. I went back in on a monday to get the other jug and to check bp. It was still high but not extreme. I went back to work and by tues was just feeling like crap and really dizzy. They scheduled me an appt. for wed to switch bp meds and when I went in they couldn't find the hb. We had the hb that friday when I went to the dr. They didn't check on Monday. I was then induced that day and gave birth to my son that night. I ended up needing a d&c 2 months later due to retained tissue.

I went for a follow up appt and thought everything was ok and we could start trying again in a few months. I was told that I had a partial molar pregnancy and that my hcg level was negative. After joining a molar pregnancy group online found out that others were having trouble with their hcg levels. Someone suggested to take a test at home so I did and it was positive. I called the dr. and they ordered blood work that came back positive. They repeated a few days later and it was still positive but went down just a little. Then my dr. said he couldn't find in my chart where I was ever negative. UGH I was not happy. So long story short. I had to go through 3 methotrexate injections (form of chemo) and 6 ACT-D treatments (chemo through the IV) so my hcg level would reach negative. I had to get blood work weekly to check my hcg for 6 1/2 months. My due date passed and yes I was still positive. If I peed on a stick it prob. would have showed up positive that I was still pregnant. It was a very hard road. I was very emotional. Had people telling me to get over it, etc.

I was then told I had to wait 6 months to get pregnant. I ended up pregnant on a 24 day cycle (by accident) with my cycle in Aug./sept. Only about 2 months after my first negative hcg level. I actually went to urgent care b/c I thought I had a UTI and ended up pregnant. They called my dr. because of my history and ordered blood work right away. Had to make sure molar tissue didn't grow back. They monitored my hcg level and it was increasing too fast so my dr. ordered an u/s around I believe 5 weeks. They told me they thought I was having another molar (only they thought it was a complete molar this time). I was a wreck during the u/s. When I went in I could see the hb on the screen so I knew there was a baby in there at least. Still didn't know at that point if it was a partial molar or a healthy pregnancy. I called my oncologist to tell them I was pg and they referred me to a high risk dr. They did extra u/s and monitored the pregnancy. They were very confident that it was not a partial molar pregnancy. I was still worried though and we didn't tell our family until I was 17 weeks at Christmas. Didn't announce on fb til I was 25 weeks. Fast forward to the birth. I gave birth to my rainbow baby on May 30, 2011. He was 8lbs 9 oz. I say to this day that his brother was watching over us because when it was time to deliver the placenta the chord just detached when she barely tug on it. Had that happened before I delivered my son, he could have been stillborn. They said we were very lucky.

So here I am today pregnant for the third time. Pretty similar symptoms to both my pregnancies. Morning sickness, spotting, bleeding, cramping, etc. We were actually trying this time. I didn't think I would get pregnant since I am still breastfeeding my son. I have had periods though since he was 2 months old. So we of course dtd and for some reason I just decided to test. Not really feeling pregnant at all. That morning I even had a clot and spotted some so I thought AF was on her way. I was peeing a little more (not much), both pregnancies before I was already puking at this point, and nothing yet with this one, my boobs/nipples didn't hurt. Usually they hurt when I get AF. So I tested. I took a digital and it said PREGNANT! I was surprised. I ran in the bedroom to tell my husband.

I called my dr. office the next day. I was only about 3w2d maybe (if I go by 28 day cycle). I told them I had the clot and then the positive test. Last month cycle was really weird so thought maybe I got pg last month. The digi showed positive almost instantly. They ordered blood work. I went in for my blood draw and asked the nurse when they would repeat it. She said, I am just going to tell you flat out. I expect your results to be negative. Well, I knew myself that they weren't going to be negative b/c I just took that test the day before. I did not know if I was losing the baby though or well having a chemical pregnancy. So they waited a week to repeat the bw. It went up! They ordered an u/s for May 31st. I went in and we had a hb! Could see it only though. U/s showed that I was due Jan 15th.

So now I am waiting. I have a doppler at home and was shocked when I found the hb on Thursday. I have a tilted uterus and only being about 9 weeks couldn't believe I found it. That was my only lifesaver during my 2nd pregnancy. I don't want to drive 2 hours to see a high risk dr. this time. I am just going to see my regular obgyn. I did ask him to do an extra u/s around 14w to check the placenta. I am really hoping that this is a healthy pregnancy.

That is my background. To those of you that read it this far: THANK YOU! I know we have all had our struggles and I am very thankful for JM.

Thank you Shortcake for my siggy!
Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1db5ff
Mommy loves you!

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][/url]
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
"Now I lay you down to sleep,
I pray the Lord your soul to keep;
Within his arms he'll hold you tight,
My Heavenly Angel, My Guiding Light."
June 18th, 2012, 04:24 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations Lisa, Im praying for an uneventful pregnancy for you this time again. Your son is just gorgeous btw.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Lisa!!! I'm so happy to see you back and pregnant again!!! Your little boy is adorable! I hope this pregnancy goes by very smoothly

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 18th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thank you! Congrats to you btw! I need to post some new pics. LOL I haven't really been on JM in forever. I feel so out of the loop.

Gabriel Matthew- Induced @15w4d on 12/16/09 (Partial Molar Pregnancy). Took 6 1/2 months reach negative after 3 methotrexate injections, D&C 2/19/10, & 6 rounds of chemo Act-d.

Mommy loves you!

June 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope this one is uneventful again.

June 18th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy! Hoping you have an uneventful pregnancy

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

June 18th, 2012, 10:34 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Congratulations on the pregnancy. I pray that everything turns out well.

June 18th, 2012, 01:46 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember you from TTCAL!! congrats on your new pregnancy!! My son is 8 months old and i'm also pregnant again!! Good luck with everything!!

June 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganMomof5 View Post
I remember you from TTCAL!! congrats on your new pregnancy!! My son is 8 months old and i'm also pregnant again!! Good luck with everything!!
When are you due? Congrats on your new pregnancy and your son!

Hi Shortcake! How are you doing? I feel so lost because I have been around JM in awhile.

Thank you everyone! I am trying not to think anything negative but oh my it is so hard. Plus not getting the extra peaks at my LO doesn't help either. Part of me wants to call so I can and part of me wants to try to treat this as close to a normal pregnancy as I can.

Mommy loves you!

June 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Lisa! I've been thinking about you a lot lately! I'm so glad things are going well. Congrats on your new pregnancy! I hope that it is completely uneventful and that you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

June 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

June 19th, 2012, 07:36 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
CONGRATS

I remember you from this board when I popped in out during my pregnancies.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
June 19th, 2012, 08:09 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Welcome back! And congrats I also remember you from back then. Hopefully this pregnancy is easy-peasy!
June 19th, 2012, 09:16 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm SO sorry for you loss. I hope that you have a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy!!

=May '05 and '11

June 19th, 2012, 09:31 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Congrats on your pregnancy. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search