Worries, Worries, Worries (Venting)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I have been incredibly stressed, worried and very emotional these past few days. I am due to have the 3 hour Diabetes screening tomorrow at 8am ( I am so NOT looking forward to that.).

Felt I have had such a stress pregnancy, two miscarriages in a row before this baby - all the progesterone and baby aspirins I had to take in the 1st and beginning of the 2nd trimester. Having the problem with my blood pressure and worrying about preclampsia (I had to do a Urine Protein test for that.)the recent spouts of yeast infections and a UTI. I felt like I have been on so many medications during this pregnancy and now I have the potential to test positive for gestational diabetes.

I felt I have had to make so many adjustments for this baby. I gave up caffeine, chocolate and now trying to give up sugar entirely has been really hard. I haven't had anything but water for a week now. I can't say it's really a bad change or anything - but I eel so fearful to do anything at all. I attempted to walk the other day and got very overheated and had Braxton Hicks for a near hour.

Also news of what has happened to everyone I have known being pregnant this year. A friend had her baby recently and had complications, he was put in a children's hospital and they found out he had cerebral palsy. He was born at a local hospital - where I will have my baby and I am worried about any botched problems during delivery. My cousin who lives in another state had a problem with loosing her amniotic fluid and has been on bed-rest since 22 weeks, she had trouble with bleeding and leaking and was due just a week ahead of me - she had her baby at 31weeks.

I know what happened to them is uncommon circumstances but it makes me uneasy, right now I don't know of anyone else expecting and my baby is last to come.

I know so many ladies out there have had worse trouble then me during pregnancy and all that but I can't help but feel something could go wrong for me.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
June 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are women, we soak in the fear all around us. Thats why God made us mothers and not men. What you are feeling is normal and stressful. I would feel the same way. Just reading your post brings me new fears, but like I said, this is the way we are built. Hang in there, I pray your GD test comes back with flying colors!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

June 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think all of your fears are normal. Every pregnant lady has the fear of something happening to the baby, something going wrong, just don't let those thoughts take over your life.
I hope you past the GD test with flying colors. KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search