Exhausted.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2012, 05:41 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I'm exhausted. Ava is always crying. She wakes up every 2 hours on the dot and will scream for food. So I change her and feed her. Once she's done she will scream for at least 20 minutes after! (and mind you I spend a good time burping her) I've taken dairy out of my diet and spicy foods. She also is pooping like at least 12 times a day with 2-4 blow outs I clean up.

I love taking care of Ava and loving on her but this almost constant screaming is killing me. Plus her Dad goes back to work tomorrow and I may just die by myself.

I guess I'm looking for light at the end of the tunnel... Is it just because she's so young? Will it slow down?

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
June 24th, 2012, 06:41 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
I know that you are pumping so are you sure that she's getting enough hindmilk ? (the creamy, fatty part of the milk as opposed to the more clear, thinner foremilk.) When babies get too much foremilk it can upset their tummies and make them gassy. You can usually tell by their poops as they are usually green and frothy. I thought I would ask since you said you are mixing bottles so you just have to make sure that your foremilk/hindmilk balance is good. The eating every two hours is normal though. It does get better!

June 24th, 2012, 09:12 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my boys were awful burpers - even if we would get one or 2 out they would scream - the only way I could them completely burped was to kind of fold them in half and after a few seconds a big one would come out. Then we were good.

It could just be gas. I really hate the burping part.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

June 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
mom2moose
Have you called the pedi?? It could be reflux.
June 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I agree at looking into the reflux possibility. I promise it DOES get better!!! For me, the first 8 weeks were the hardest, and each week got progressively better. But yes, totally normal to be dog tired and for baby to be up every 2 hours. Josiah nursed every 45 minutes for the first 3 months... I looked like death warmed over!

Have you tried mylicon drops or Gripe water following feedings?

June 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, it's normal. Alex screamed for hrs at the time, it's was very hard. It will get better, I promise. I know that you are worry no that DH is going back to work, but somehow you will manage. My mom was here to help me out when Alex was born, we had an awesome system, when she left I fell apart, I couldn't figure out what to do or when. After a couple of days, I realize this was the best time I had with Alex, it was just the 2 of us, I had all the time with him and I loved it.

June 25th, 2012, 10:16 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All the ladies are right and have good advice. So much of the first weeks of your babies life is you figuring out who she is and what makes her tick. All the crying could be her just being too tired...could be her having reflux. These are all things that you need to talk to your pedi about. One of my kiddos had reflux and she just cried a lot until she was around 4 months old. Another of my kids had reflux and he cried ALL the time. I finally figured out that he loved sleeping on his tummy. My doctor always got after me, but that was what made him feel better. He slept better at night, he slept better during the day...all of it! I was always nervous about the sids thing, but in the end I was too tired to be a good parent and he needed his rest too. Think about it. Other than that there are a few tricks you might use. Background noise, like fans or washing machines....or music. I had one kid that only slept when music is on. You can also try wrapping her up tighter, or letting her completely undress. Some babies love all the bundling, some hate it. I have had both of those also. These first weeks are lots of trial and error. Make sure you sleep when she does though, make sure you take a break when the hubby comes home and make sure you have other moms to spend time with, or your own mom. They might not have all the answers, but they might have some, or even just some awesome support.

Hang in there momma...she was meant for you and you for her. You will figure all this out!

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
June 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi had reflux as well as bad gas. It does get better. She had to be put on meds the reflux was so bad, but eventually she grew out of it. Hugs momma.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

June 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the first few months are ROUGH! At about 3 months it starts getting better, specially when interaction starts...newborn stage isnt my favorite but knowing the awesomeness that is coming makes it so much easier...agree that it is trail and error - KAiden loved to be swaddled, Maiya hates it, Maiya likes to be hot, Kaiden liked to be cold...just gotta figure out what makes them happy and what gets you the most sleep...

I have kids that have major reflux...like poltergiest style reflux (when Kaiden was 3 weeks old, the DR saw him puking and had us go to the hospital for an U/S of his stomach to rule out pyloric sphincter cause he puked so much (Maiya does the same, but I just dont let it bother me cause I know she is fine)...both have done well on Zantac and I've left it at that - I tried food eliminations with Kaiden and that just stressed me out too much and didnt help him much at all, so I dont bother doing it with her...

again, it gets easier and SO much more fun as they get older!!
June 26th, 2012, 05:03 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
(((HUGS)))) i went through something similar for the first few months with Savannah....talk to your pedi but (esp if he/she doesn't think it's reflux) ask about adding an infant probiotic into one of her bottles each day. Our pedi sent us down that path (we got Udo's Choice, but it's important to find it local & refridg'd properly) and it was seriously AMAZING how quickly it solved her gas/discomfort problems. We joked it was like getting a new baby b/c suddenly she only cried when hungry and otherwise was calm, relaxed & happy. If it's reflux then you'll need meds, but you should notice an increase in discomfort immediately after feedings....in Savannah's case it was constant which helped rule out reflux for her.

Good luck & hang in there....even without tummy issues, the first few months are tough for everyone and it does (slowly) get better & easier to deal with everything.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
This to shall pass!
I personally love the NB stage even when they are fussy. My problem is my 4 year old, We are having bad behavior issues with her and almost at the breaking point. So being able to snuggle with my baby even when fussy is so much better than her attitude right now..lol
Bryson goes to bed about 10pm and sleeps till 1-2 and then after that its about every 45-60 minutes he wakes. Then starting about 5am he grunts a lot and gets really fussy and spits up a lot during this time.

I am thinking about trying the probiotic thing... but how do you give it to them if they don't get bottles everyday?
He only poops about once a week and everyone tells me that is fine for a BF baby but I think it bothers his tummy. Today he is on day 5 and has been super fussy this morning when he typically takes a big nap.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search