Swelling! - Update!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pitridge

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
So today I was sitting on the couch watching TV and noticed my leg was hurting, looked down and my right leg is swollen up. My left leg is slightly swollen but not as severely. I sat about 30 minutes with my legs above my heart hoping to reduce the swelling, it helped somewhat - but not entirely.

I didn't think I ate anything too salty today, but I didn't really know the sodium in the meal I had eaten either, it has also been crazy hot here lately but I have been indoor for the most part.

I go in tomorrow at 10:30 am for an appointment - but I have had some issues I didn't realize were problems until I read up on it.

- I have pre-exsisting hypertension, though I am a non-smoker and have quit caffeine in order to curb this.
-Yesterday I had some problems with seeing flickering lights - I had this before I was pregnant, usually before a bad-headache or when my blood pressure was usually high
- I did check my b/p and it was at 118/79 which is really good for me, I have been taking my bp medication regularly like usual.

I am terrified of developing preclampsia, but maybe I am freaking out too much about this?

UPDATE: Went to my appointment today, was feeling pretty bad - had a headache/dizziness and some lights flickering before my eyes, I was pretty scared. My Doctor assured me it wasn't a problem, my b/p was running better then it has ever there (which is funny since I was so stressed) and he said if the problem persisted and didn't get better to call in. But since it's been so very hot here lately and being pregnant he said that was likely the cause. So I was told to drink plenty of water and rest in bed. Chelsea is measuring normally and has a good heartbeat - she has been pretty active too - so all seems good with her.

I also lost 2 lbs from my last visit at 28 weeks and only gained a total of 8lbs now.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days

Last edited by Jessghetti; June 27th, 2012 at 10:06 AM.
June 27th, 2012, 05:34 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I hope everything is perfect when you go into today and that the swelling subsides! Please update us when you can from your appointment dear!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

June 27th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The heat could certainly be a cause. I never swell but back in March when it was unseasonably warm here I was at a conference in a building that the AC would literally not turn on until after a certain date and it was horribly hot. I got so swollen that weekend. I think the heat combined with my drinking lots of water to keep cool led to swelling.
June 27th, 2012, 06:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything is okay. I know for me if I didn't drink enough water when I was pregnant my hands would always swell up so maybe you need more water.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I developed it, it wouldn't disappear in the AM. Is the swelling down today? If so, I would imagine it's more heat/end of pg related. Definitely mention it to your OB though..

Water/water and more water. Though I found just standing and not walking around caused it at the end of the pg.

June 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad that everything is okay. Just take it easy and drink lots of water.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
June 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad everything is ok.
How do you girls don't gain that much weight? I think I must of gained about 20 lbs already
Belita likes this.

June 27th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great. I've gained more than you

June 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad things are still good...

June 27th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad the baby is okay! I've already gained more than 10lbs, too!

June 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Glad things are okay. Have you had your iron checked recently? I had some issues to the end of my pregnancy with Rowan where I had a bit of swelling, headaches, dizziness, sight issues and I found out I was anemic.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search