Birth healing?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti
  • 1 Post By silverlife
  • 1 Post By TreeTog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Ok not sure if this is the right spot. Nothing really matched.
I believe my daughters birth was very traumatic for her. A whole day of labour only to be attempted to be ripped out with vacuum extraction. The first one broke snapping her back into the birth canal. The second one sent her flying into the doctors arms. A very rude entrance I am sure.
And the first 7 months spent with next to no milk and always feeling hungry stressed her out.
Well now she has hit two. Things are hard. Yes every two yo has tantrums. But hers are so full of unimaginable rage. It seems so disproportionate to her personality and the rest of her life. She is a beautiful person who lites up all who meet her. But the melt downs are crazy! She can go for an hour of screaming and her volume is LOUD! She shakes and screams and writhes. She wrings her feet together and has ripped both of her big toe nails in half.
OK so you get the idea. They are BAD.
I believe she needs some sort of healing. I am taking her to a Bowen therapist but not really feeling that is helping. I dont want to leave this too long so it gets deep set. But who do I seek out to help? It seems so wierd but I am certain she is affected by the whole experience.
Please help
Neither of us are coping
July 7th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
It certainly sounds like she could be having some sort of problem. Do you think it could be about her not being able to express herself the way she likes? Because it sounds like she has quite a bit of frustration and anger.

A therapist would be the best idea, but I'd also see a normal doctor to rule out anything physical too.

I am not sure the birthing process has anything to do with her behavior now though.
constanceschofield likes this.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
July 7th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I hear about toddlers that throw huge tantrums my first question to myself is how are they sleeping? A toddler needs at least 12 hours a day of sleep between nap and night time sleep--some (like my daughter) need more. If my daughter hasn't slept well she will have an inconsolable melt down over random little things, like not being able to pull a zipper 100% closed or her shoes not being right in front of her when she decides she wants them.

Hopefully it's something "simple" like that rather than a reaction to birth trauma. I say "simple" because we moms know it's not simple to get our children to sleep more when they fight it.
July 7th, 2012, 11:28 AM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
Do you mean spiritual or psychological healing? Has she been tested my any issues?

Leslie

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search