Money-saving Monday

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 05:24 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Post your best money saving tips! What are some of the ways you cut costs?

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 9th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grocery Game helped me! For the baby I am doing a lot of shopping at consignment shops.

July 9th, 2012, 10:10 AM
mom2moose
I coupon and garage sale. I get most clothes for the kids from garage sales or consignment shops. We do our own garden, so summer we don't buy veggies.
July 9th, 2012, 11:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We do lots of clearance shopping for clothes, shoes, etc. I tend to shop up a size or two so I can get clearance at the end of season sales. I have not done bad with guessing.

We also use baking soda/borax for laundry soap. Works perfect and we get 200 loads for the price of 40 loads with Tide or All.

We use cloth napkins/paper towels for spills, wiping up, and dog care. We bought a huge pack of white hand towels at SAMs for $10 and have been using them for about two years now. Saves us TONS on paper towels and napkins.

I make lots of craft projects and repurposed items for gifts. Like my MILs birthday is next week and I am making her a memory scrapbook page from our recent family trip to Myrtle Beach. It basically cost me $5 for the frame, since I have all the other supplies. And we got the pictures free with a coupon. And for Liam's 3rd birthday, we are repurposing an old sideboard table into a kiddie kitchen. So far we spent $20 and have the sink, microwave, oven, and fridge done We just need some door pulls and some more painting (we have the paint) and its done. It is super-cute. And we are having a cooking party, so it is a theme as well.

I am always looking for cost cutting ideas. We are paying off bills and are constantly looking to trim our budget. We are currently considering ditching cable tv and sticking with Netflix only. But DH is waffling. I don't even like tv that much, so I don't care!
July 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I use pinterest for alot! I have found so many gift ideas that I can do myself! I also started making all my household cleaners (it's a lot cheaper). If anyone wants me to link my boards here I can. I even have make your own baby wipes!!!
Shadeauxe likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

July 9th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Nope, no interest in more money saving tips at all.
Shadeauxe likes this.

July 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM
DIY Crafts & Cleaners

Gift Ideas

My blog

July 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks!

July 10th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
Thanks!
Your welcome dear

I also started buying my meat at the grocery store in bulk and then vacuum sealing them in smaller quantities! It really saves on money!

My blog

July 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I plan on doing that once we get a deep freezer. Our freezer for our fridge is a crappy drawer one.

July 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I plan on doing that once we get a deep freezer. Our freezer for our fridge is a crappy drawer one.
We can meat because our deep freezer if full of precooked dinners.

Tags
monday , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search