Hello

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
jackkey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies. So I am new to this post. My name is Jackie, and I had a MC this past Dec. Yesterday would have been my due date. Is it wrong that I even think about that? Well today I took a test and it came out BFP. I am scared for a couple of reasons. 1. The line was faint. Same thing happened with my lost pregnancy. 2. I am scared that it will happen again. I know I can not control it, and it is not healthy to stress about it. I am just wondering what you ladies did to help during these times?

Thank you.

Thank you Babydoll 213 for the great siggie!

July 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and

How far along would you be? There are several factors that could affect the line darkness. I hope this is your rainbow baby!!

I've just gotten by through taking it minute by minute, hour by hour, and day by day and trying to think positively.

My EDD for my loss is coming up and I think about it a lot. I think it's completely normal.

July 11th, 2012, 09:00 PM
From what I get from the online calculator I am only 4 weeks and 3 days. So I am hoping that is the reason. It's just hard for me to think of anything else besides the lost baby.
Thank you for your advise. I am trying to take it min by min. I am just still super excited but super scared at the same time.

July 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I suggest getting the digital pregnancy tests, it is a very clear pregnant or not pregnant. Good luck to you though, I hope it's one sticky bean. The early part of pregnancy is the most worrisome and difficult mentally - especially after a loss.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
July 12th, 2012, 06:14 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Welcome & Congrats dear! Sending tons of sticky dust your way! I agree with the other ladies.. just take things one day at a time. Have you called the doctors office yet to check your betas? I wanted to add that it is of course completely normal to think of your EDD with your angel. That is a part of you that you are forever missing.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 12th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Depending on how your body handles the hormones I had one brand of pregnancy test that didn't get dark until I was about 5 weeks when other people have gotten blaring positives early on. I hope it's just too early!!

July 12th, 2012, 07:45 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Congrats and welcome.
It all depends on the test and how diluted your urine is. Some tests detect very low levels of HCG and others do not. also depends on how strong your urine is. I have had a digital tell me not pregnant then help my pee and did not drink anything for 4 hours and it came back as pregnant.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
July 12th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Thanks ladies. I am going to retest again in a few days.

July 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congrats! I agree withe the ladies, so I'm not going to retype what they already said.
It's normal to think about your EED with your angel, I think it's something that you will always think of. With time, it will get easier, but you won't forget. I still remember the EDD with my angel.
Take it one day at the time, for me, it also helps to have something else to focus on like work.

July 12th, 2012, 09:29 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your BFP. It is completely normal to remember your due date and to feel sad. I know for me I will always remember the baby I lost and especially on my the due date.

Sending lots of sticky dust.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 12th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks ladies!

July 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations. I hope that it all works out!!! I am in the same boat as you and I am a nervous wreck. I try not to think about things, but after the last loss, I don't feel like I can be comfy while pregnant!!! (mentally that is.) I am so nervous that it will all fall apart again...but I am hopeful too.. Try to stay hopeful!
July 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I also had a miscarriage in December and my due date was last Friday. It's really hard having confidence that a pregnancy will stick. I thought at every point, I was definitely going to lose this pregnancy. Even after the first u/s and a hb was seen and even after 12 weeks, it was hard to think that what happened months ago, wouldn't happen again. What's worse is, I had a subchorionic hemorrhage and had some heavy bleeding up until 16 weeks, I was sure it was over. But, so far, things are looking good. I pray the same happens for you.

July 12th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks ladies for all your advise. I am so sorry that everyone has been down this road, but I am glad we can talk together on her. Sticky dust for all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search