OT-Another rant-very long

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dreamer10
  • 1 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By missy123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those of you that been here for a while, might know that my family leaves overseas, so our main form of communication is Skype on the weekends and email.
Well this weekend, it happened to be a bad weekend because we are remodeling our kitchen, so on Saturday I had to take DS out of the house all day, while DH torn down our kitchen.
On Sunday, we had to go out to breakfast, then I had to talked DS into coming to the store with me, because DH had to finish some stuff in the kitchen. We did not get home until after 11 am.
So, when I was ready, first person I talked to was my mom, when I hanged up I went to do the laundry, in that time, my sister was on Skype, I left my computer open in case she called so that I could tell her what I was doing. When we sat down for lunch, she was no longer, I sent her a message, never responded. Later in the day I sent her a email, it's thrs and she still hasn't responded.
Now, 'm tired of this, I told my mom yesterday that this kind of behavior is what is gong to make me disconnect completely from Skype and no one will see either DS or the new baby, they will have to be happy with just pictures. I hate that she can't understand that I'm 37 weeks pg, with a 3 year old, with no kitchen and tons of stuff to do for them it's nighttime, they are home for the night, maybe having dinner. I can't stress out about this, since I have tons of stress from work already, but it really gets me mad. How can some people be so self-involved? She's (my sister) the only one that gets mad if we don't skype with her everyday.

If you read this far, thank you.

July 12th, 2012, 09:15 AM
dreamer10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I suggest you tell her all of this, maybe a little nicer...and let her do what she will with that info. My parents were overseas for a year and a half and they enjoyed skyping a lot. Honestly though, they knew I was very busy and didn't push it too hard. Your sister needs to do the same. You have enough on your plate without getting guilt about one more thing your not doing!
missy123 likes this.

Our rainbow baby Brynlee Sue was born August 17th after four heartbreaking loses! Life is an amazing journey. Hang on, keep your faith and try to always move forward!
July 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer10 View Post
Well, I suggest you tell her all of this, maybe a little nicer...and let her do what she will with that info. My parents were overseas for a year and a half and they enjoyed skyping a lot. Honestly though, they knew I was very busy and didn't push it too hard. Your sister needs to do the same. You have enough on your plate without getting guilt about one more thing your not doing!
In the email that I sent her, I did explain everything and I apologized, I also told her that I knew she was mad and that I was sorry that she mad and that we didn't get to talk to her.
Skype is a wonderful feature when people understand that you might have other stuff to do and you can't spend an hour so that you look at a 3 year play. For them, they seat down on the sofa and it's like watching a movie, for me is chasing a kid.

July 13th, 2012, 07:01 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm sorry she got frustrated with you. You both have your own lives and it's not right to expect you to drop what your doing every day for her to see you. What if you made it twice a week you had set times to get on for around 30 minutes and other days if it happens great if not then no biggie.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 13th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Shortcake:. View Post
I'm sorry she got frustrated with you. You both have your own lives and it's not right to expect you to drop what your doing every day for her to see you. What if you made it twice a week you had set times to get on for around 30 minutes and other days if it happens great if not then no biggie.
The problem is that we only have Saturday and Sunday and of course, everyone in the family was to also talk to us. It's not to see me or talk to me, is to talk/see Alex, which he pays no attention to anyone either way.

July 13th, 2012, 08:27 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
The problem is that we only have Saturday and Sunday and of course, everyone in the family was to also talk to us. It's not to see me or talk to me, is to talk/see Alex, which he pays no attention to anyone either way.
Oh!! Yeah she can't expect you to not have a life those 2 days and sit on the computer

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
family can be so frustrating!
missy123 likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
July 13th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the support and for letting me vent

July 13th, 2012, 03:50 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry Sometimes family can take advantage of each other without realizing it as they know you will love them no matter what. I would tell her straight up how you are feeling. She may not realize it, or if she does and you "unskype" her it may wake her up.

Good Luck!!
dreamer10 likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search