Ladies PLEASE READ

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Pitridge
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 1 Post By ~Laurie~
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By missy123

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2012, 09:49 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
This board is really getting slower and I'd love to get it up and moving again! Any/All ideas are welcome.

What do you miss on the board?

Would you like some new games?

Different stickies?

Are you interested in a Calendar?
(example TTCAL calendar http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-calendar.html (TTCAL Calendar))
Yours could include any information you would like (Edds, babies birthday etc)

Also don't forget to sign in with the roll call thread. That is one of the things that helps with the top 50 boards

you can find it here ------------->PAMAL Roll Call (***July Roll Call***)<-----------------
I know we have more than 5 people here

So ladies, what do you say we get this board rocking & rolling again!!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 26th, 2012, 10:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the weekly rainbow baby threads. Maybe I have just missed them each week but this is the first week I've seen one of those.

new games would be good also. I haven't been around that much but now that things are starting to slow down a bit and I am getting more acustomed to having 2 kids, I'll try to get one this board more.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
July 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalaw View Post
I love the weekly rainbow baby threads. Maybe I have just missed them each week but this is the first week I've seen one of those.

new games would be good also. I haven't been around that much but now that things are starting to slow down a bit and I am getting more acustomed to having 2 kids, I'll try to get one this board more.
That is my fault that the weekly thread hasn't been getting done. Things have been a little hectic for me but I'm going to try to post them weekly

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

July 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think a lot of the boards slow down during the summer when all of the kids are out of school, ect. I think your doing a great job!!

=May '05 and '11

July 26th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do think that the boards do slow down in summer because of kids being out of school, vacations.
missy123 likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I like looking at pictures, so whatever facilitates that. Lindsey's POTD is fun, but I don't always have the pictures to go with it and I can only usually get on here from work.

I ignore stickies and calendars.

I miss all of the people who used to post in here regularly.
missy123 likes this.
July 26th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think things slow down over the summer, I also like photos etc., but I also don't think to post baby related threads. I used to post all kinds of pregnancy stuff, and I know this is also for motherhood after loss, but I don't think the switch has been made all the way, if that makes sense? Not many mommies post brag posts or baby questions. I don't think there is a lot you can do to fix that Katie, but I think that's why I don't post much. I still think of this board as being for PAL.
missy123 likes this.

July 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
mom2moose
Summers are busy for me, so I'm not around as much. (Whereas winter, I'm cold and miserable and huddled by the computer. LOL)

I think you're doing a great job.

I don't look at stickies or anything up there.

I think maybe we should do different age brackets sometimes?? Like, your "baby" is 6 months old. any tips? Or, your LO was a year. What are you doing for the bday party.

You guys are doing a great job. Deserved to be mentioned twice!
July 26th, 2012, 03:01 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Yeah this summer has been hard for me too with 2 kids at home from school and a new baby. I can barely get on my computer so I use my phone. I just miss all the weekly updates and picture posts!

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
July 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think you're doing a great job. I've noticed my DDC is slower, too. I think part of it is we just had a baby boom and part of it is summer, too.

I miss the weekly update threads on Mondays and the Fruitful Friday threads on Fridays.

July 26th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I like the weekly update threads.

I don't post in the monthly check-ins because my brain just doesn't process the stickies when they change. Maybe leave it un-stickied for a week or something?

And I think JM in general has been slow lately. My DDC is incredibly slow right now, which is funny because it's the July DDC--you'd think everyone would be posting about their new babies now.
July 27th, 2012, 12:49 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I just took on the co-host position for the Oct. DDC, so most of my computer time is being spent there. Don't worry, I won't disappear from here completely, I just need to devote the majority of my time to keeping the DDC rolling You're doing a great job, Katie!

July 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthecastle View Post
I think a lot of the boards slow down during the summer when all of the kids are out of school, ect. I think your doing a great job!!
Thank you dear I've noticed all the boards slowing down.. it makes me sad lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
I do think that the boards do slow down in summer because of kids being out of school, vacations.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeauxe View Post
I like looking at pictures, so whatever facilitates that. Lindsey's POTD is fun, but I don't always have the pictures to go with it and I can only usually get on here from work.

I ignore stickies and calendars.

I miss all of the people who used to post in here regularly.
I miss them too I think it's harder once they have children to get on as often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Laurie~ View Post
I think things slow down over the summer, I also like photos etc., but I also don't think to post baby related threads. I used to post all kinds of pregnancy stuff, and I know this is also for motherhood after loss, but I don't think the switch has been made all the way, if that makes sense? Not many mommies post brag posts or baby questions. I don't think there is a lot you can do to fix that Katie, but I think that's why I don't post much. I still think of this board as being for PAL.
I totally understand. I wish there was something I could do to help switch it. I know some of the women here never go to a DDC or hardly post there so this is sort of like their "playroom" after they have the children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2moose View Post
Summers are busy for me, so I'm not around as much. (Whereas winter, I'm cold and miserable and huddled by the computer. LOL)

I think you're doing a great job.

I don't look at stickies or anything up there.

I think maybe we should do different age brackets sometimes?? Like, your "baby" is 6 months old. any tips? Or, your LO was a year. What are you doing for the bday party.

You guys are doing a great job. Deserved to be mentioned twice!
Thank you And thank you for the idea about age brackets! Sometimes it's hard to come up with new things so I'm always open for new ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyE117 View Post
Yeah this summer has been hard for me too with 2 kids at home from school and a new baby. I can barely get on my computer so I use my phone. I just miss all the weekly updates and picture posts!
I'll try to get on more of the weekly updates! I've been slacking on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I also think you're doing a great job. I've noticed my DDC is slower, too. I think part of it is we just had a baby boom and part of it is summer, too.

I miss the weekly update threads on Mondays and the Fruitful Friday threads on Fridays.
I'm getting ready to do the Fruitful Friday post now And thank you hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
I like the weekly update threads.

I don't post in the monthly check-ins because my brain just doesn't process the stickies when they change. Maybe leave it un-stickied for a week or something?

And I think JM in general has been slow lately. My DDC is incredibly slow right now, which is funny because it's the July DDC--you'd think everyone would be posting about their new babies now.
Maybe halfway through the month I will post a reminder about the monthly check in... I know life gets busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
I just took on the co-host position for the Oct. DDC, so most of my computer time is being spent there. Don't worry, I won't disappear from here completely, I just need to devote the majority of my time to keeping the DDC rolling You're doing a great job, Katie!
Thank you dear!!! I completely understand.. I hardly visit any of the boards I don't co-host mainly because I run out of time.

My blog

July 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Katie, you are doing a great job I am one of those who is guilty of disappearing Who knew a baby and a job would keep me so busy? Plus Eleanor has been a terrible sleeper and I am pretty much a zombie... but that's a whole other story

I was trying to think of what I had the most fun doing when I was a regular on TTCAL. One thing was the Cycle Group Threads... maybe we could have a Baby Group and a Belly Group Thread or something like that just for general chatting. That might make it easier for people who can't get on all the time to just pop in and say hi. And I also had a lot of fun when we did the Mommy of the Week with questions and pictures so we could just get to know each other. Maybe we could do a Mommy of the Week and/or a Belly/Baby of the Week. I also like the Day in the Life threads I've seen in some of the playrooms. I bet we would all love to brag on our pregnancies/babies

One thing that keeps me from posting a lot is that I just feel weird posting randomly on the few days that I have time when I haven't been around in so long. Maybe we could have a stickied Get To Know You with past/present members so if I just popped in and posted people who didn't know who I was could easily check out who I was? I know it's similar to the roll call, but not quite the same.
mom2moose likes this.
July 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think the monthly check-in thread gets stickied too early. Most of the sticky are so old and not updated that I tend to ignore them all. I think if they were current we would pay more attention to them. I also like Nicole's idea about a GTKY sticky.

Unfortunately every time I've been pregnant PAL (or PAMAL now) has always been slow. At least it is way busier now than when I was pregnant with Jax.

July 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I need to remember to start doing fruitful friday again.... and maybe we can do a size check for the baby's already born.

I was hoping by now things would be easier but with wedding season in full go im struggling to keep up..... right now he is acually taking a real nap for once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martilynne View Post
I think the monthly check-in thread gets stickied too early. Most of the sticky are so old and not updated that I tend to ignore them all. I think if they were current we would pay more attention to them. I also like Nicole's idea about a GTKY sticky.

Unfortunately every time I've been pregnant PAL (or PAMAL now) has always been slow. At least it is way busier now than when I was pregnant with Jax.
The problem is if it doesnt get stickied right away it gets pushed down with in a day or 2 then no one will see it.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
July 30th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
Katie, you are doing a great job I am one of those who is guilty of disappearing Who knew a baby and a job would keep me so busy? Plus Eleanor has been a terrible sleeper and I am pretty much a zombie... but that's a whole other story

I was trying to think of what I had the most fun doing when I was a regular on TTCAL. One thing was the Cycle Group Threads... maybe we could have a Baby Group and a Belly Group Thread or something like that just for general chatting. That might make it easier for people who can't get on all the time to just pop in and say hi. And I also had a lot of fun when we did the Mommy of the Week with questions and pictures so we could just get to know each other. Maybe we could do a Mommy of the Week and/or a Belly/Baby of the Week. I also like the Day in the Life threads I've seen in some of the playrooms. I bet we would all love to brag on our pregnancies/babies

One thing that keeps me from posting a lot is that I just feel weird posting randomly on the few days that I have time when I haven't been around in so long. Maybe we could have a stickied Get To Know You with past/present members so if I just popped in and posted people who didn't know who I was could easily check out who I was? I know it's similar to the roll call, but not quite the same.
I support random posting!
July 30th, 2012, 11:50 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Working 60 hours a week, being on the road 3 days a week taking care of Miss S and planning this move is taking 140% of my time! Hopefully once we move I will have time again to join you all.

xoxoxoxo
Shadeauxe likes this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search