Water breaking

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell me about your water breaking.
Did it break? How?
If it didn't, did they do it at the hospital?

July 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was broken at the hospital after I had been in labor most of the day. I was pushing a little over an hour after they broke my water.

July 27th, 2012, 09:20 AM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Mine broke at home. I was sitting down at the table actually eating dinner and we were all joking around that my water should break... Well I stood up to put my dishes away and it felt like I peed myself just a little so I ran to the bathroom when I saw on the toilet I wasn't trickling so I didn't think that was it... But then it did start trickling but very slowly... I told my husband and he was like your water broke! Let's go! And started packing the car. I still wasn't convinced so I jumped in the shower real fast "just in case" then my contractions REALLY started... So painful every 4 minutes I get out of the shower and finally a small gush of water came out. I was then convinced I was in labor. Got to the hospital contractions were 3 minutes apart, my water did break and I was dialated to a 5. Soooo that's my experience

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
July 27th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got all excited seeing this thread title thinking your water had broken!!!!
mom2moose likes this.

July 27th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
I got all excited seeing this thread title thinking your water had broken!!!!
I'm sorry I'm just curious to see what everyone's experience has been.

July 27th, 2012, 09:54 AM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My labor was induced, but my water broke on its own when I was about 3 cm. I felt a weird almost-painful internal pop and then a small trickle. About 20 minutes later there were several big gushes of water.
July 27th, 2012, 10:32 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Lol ditto what Robyn said I was with my sister when hers broke and let me tell you I felt so bad for the mall employee that had to clean that up We were trying to get her into labor and were walking around the mall when she said "I think I just peed my pants", so we both started laughing when a contraction hit and more came out.
mom2moose likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

July 27th, 2012, 10:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My first my water "never" broke. I was in labor for 60 hours (slow and steady) and my midwife asked if she could break it when i hit 10cm, before I started pushing, because otherwise his head had further to come down (thus prolonging pushing). There was very little water when she broke it, but he engaged really quickly. Sure enough, as soon as his head came out, there was a geyser of water because he had acted like a plug keeping the water inside! I was soaked, as was my husband, my mom, and the midwives/nurses! But I think back and wonder if his water might have remained intact through pushing and he could have been born in his sac. She seriously had to rip at it to get it to break.

My second was "Hollywood movies" water breaking. I had just gotten ready for bed and had finished laying upside down for 10 minutes to try and get him to flip from the breech position. I came into the kitchen to kiss DH and he said "Poke your head outside"...the temperature had gone from mid-80s to like 60 in just a few hours! (I am convinced this front is why my water broke). I went back, laid down and had just opened my book....and GUSH! It soaked my bed, the floor, my pajamas. And bizarrely, at that moment, DH walked in the room to get his medicine. I looked at him, crying, and said in a pitiful voice "My water just broke." I thought for sure Kieran was still breech because he was just two days before. So I was sad. But contractions started immediately. And we left for the hospital 1 hour later (after calling in reinforcements). I soaked four towels, two blankets, and was still gushing when we drove the hour to the hospital and got checked in. I had TONS of water! It slowed after about five hours of labor. The gushing.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
July 27th, 2012, 11:19 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My water didn't break until Camerons head was already out.

=May '05 and '11

July 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
We don't really know when my water broke. I know it was when I was laboring in the birthing tub after labor had started.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

July 27th, 2012, 01:50 PM
mom2moose
With Moose, the doc broke it. With Finn, 3 weeks early, I had been having contractions for a day. Went to bed with nothing. got up to pee, got back in bed, had the strongest contraction ever, then BAM! I heard a pop and instantly jumped up, and GUSH! (I had to stand in the tub while I put a diaper of Moose's on. LOL) It was VERY exciting though. LOL
July 28th, 2012, 06:38 AM
silverlife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my son I had just gone to the bathroom and was walking to sit on the couch with my husband when I felt a trickle. Since I had just peed in the bathroom, I didn't think I peed myself. We were at his parents and borrowed a towel for the drive home to get our bags. When I got out of the car at home my son must have shifted his head because there was a huge gush and my pants were soaking wet. Five hours later labor hadn't really started so I got pitocin.

With my older daughter I had the doctor break my water at 9cm because I was falling asleep between contractions and wanted to get to pushing while I still had any energy left. I was pushing within half an hour.

With my younger daughter I showed up at the hospital on the verge of pushing. After being rushed from triage to L&D, I got into the bed and couldn't not push anymore and with one push my water broke and then my daughter was born 5 minutes later.
July 28th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
All 6 labors, the water was broken at the hospital once I reached 4cm. Sad part, takes me hours to days to get to 4cm and then 1.5 hours to get to 10cm once it's done.

July 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I got to the hospital at 4:45 they checked me in at 4:50.... Checked me right away and I was a 8 with a buldging bag. I stood up and about 20 minutes later I felt this pop and gush and my water broke..... He was born at 5:34.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
July 29th, 2012, 12:58 PM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They broke my water during labor with Aiden. They broke my water during the c-section with Maryella and the twins.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

August 1st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first and second (my water was broken at the hosp at 10cm) my third broke on its own when i got to the hosp, my 4th and 5th was broken for me at the hosp. my 6th broke on its own its the hosp, and 6th by doctors at hosp.

August 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Out of 6 kids so far, none of them broke till 10cm at the hospital by the dr. We do have a "questionable" one with my 5th, as I was bleeding very heavy while being induced and when they did an u/s to see where the blood was coming from they found no water in me (fluid was mostly all gone around the baby). She was born with the sac still around her head, they had to peel it off of her. I think back to 2wks before I had her and I had an incredible gush of what I thought was pee....but could of been my water at that point. Scary to think I might of gone almost 2wks with no water......I never had it tested cause I was getting NST's regularly and baby never showed signs of distress.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

August 4th, 2012, 09:22 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Both times mine were broken in the hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search