Success stories after chemical, looking for hope please

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Veteran
Hi All

I hope this is the right place to post this, I am going through a chemical now, betas dropping and I am trying my best to NOT be too upset/crying about this. I am trying to think positive and towards the future............

I would like to know if anyone can share their success stories of healthy pregnancies after a chemical. I think I need to hear them.

Please and thank you.

Also, a few questions about betas dropping. I went from 235 to 170, going back Monday for another blood draw to see where they are at.

1)how long do they take to go down?

2) and then I should get AF? if I havent already? what if I dont ? will dr. give me something to make me?

Thanks everyone, this is so tough and Im trying to keep focused on the future........

I really appreciate everyone support and comments.
August 14th, 2012, 07:11 AM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got AF the day after I got my BFP with my chemical pregnancy. I didn't even go to a doctor or have my levels checked because I knew there was nothing they could do so I can't help with your questions but I can offer you some hope. Two cycles after my chemical pregnancy I got my BFP for my current pregnancy. I am now a day shy of 30 weeks and everything looks great.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

August 14th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Veteran
Thank you for responding and sharing! I need the hope right now. trying to remain positive
August 14th, 2012, 08:15 AM
1InSummerland's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*hugs* I know it's hard. My chemical pregnancy at the time made me feel like my body was betraying me. It didn't help that it occurred during our first cycle of TTCAL. Just like with losses that occur later, I think it is important to take some time for you. I took a nice long soak in the tub with lavender bath salts after mine and used that as a chance to relax and clear my head. Just taking that little bit of me time helped a lot.

I'm sorry you're going through this and hope you get your sticky BFP soon.

Thank you, Bokkechick, for my beautiful siggy.
Group Leader for Face2 Face Fort Lee and Richmond Area.
Check out my blog! :-) and my blog for Jude.

August 14th, 2012, 12:12 PM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I haven't had a chemical pregnancy before so I'm not much help. I do know with my mc it took several weeks for my levels to drop back down to 0. Seems like my period showed up right after my levels dropped back down but it took around 6 weeks or so. I hope you get back to normal quick and get a BFP as soon as you start trying again.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1)how long do they take to go down? i never had my numbers taken.

2) and then I should get AF? if I havent already? what if I dont ? will dr. give me something to make me? Im not sure how far alone you are, but you should start bleeding i would think soon once your number get to 0. then for me anyways Af came about a month after i lost the baby.

I had a m/c not a chemical, but i have had them in the past and yes u can carry a normal pregnancy.

It took me a yr to get pregnant again, the pregnancy went very well and i carried her to full term. i will say, you will worry alot, i know i did. i was always at the hosp at the end cause i was so scared she wasn't kicking as much, the worry never goes away.

August 14th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I had 3 chemicals in a row after my missed miscarriage. They were all about a week after getting my BFP. Usually, I started bleeding about a week or 2 late once my numbers went back down to zero. They never really upset my cycles too much. After the 3rd one, I really believed I would never get a baby to stick again, but just two cycles later I was pregnant again and am now almost 29 weeks. They couldn't give me a reason other than it "just happens". Lots of women go on to healthy pregnancies. I was told by my doctor that chemicals are usually because there is something wrong with the egg more so than the mom.

August 15th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Veteran
Thank you all for responding, I really appreciate the feedback. Right now I am waiting for my levels to go to zero and then for AF to come. I hope Im on of the lucky ones who is able to have a healthy pregnancy after a chemical.

Please keep posting, sharing your stories and THANK YOU!!!!!!
August 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 chemical pregnancies. For me I finally figured out I had a low progesterone issue. Got pregnant again 4 months after my last chemical and she is now 1 week old. There is hope!

Jan 2010 August 2011

August 15th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Veteran
thank you for sharing!! I need hope! yay you have a 1 week old.

So happy for you.
August 15th, 2012, 08:18 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I had one regular m/c, and then a chemical in between Josiah and this pregnancy (I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant now). I bounced back from the chemical very quickly. I ovulated 8 days after my chemical m/c started, and my AF's were regular after that. Good luck to you... it is so devastating to lose a pregnancy, but there are MANY of us who have successfully moved on to happier times

August 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
I had one regular m/c, and then a chemical in between Josiah and this pregnancy (I'm almost 30 weeks pregnant now). I bounced back from the chemical very quickly. I ovulated 8 days after my chemical m/c started, and my AF's were regular after that. Good luck to you... it is so devastating to lose a pregnancy, but there are MANY of us who have successfully moved on to happier times

THANK YOU so much for responding, so did I read that correctly, you ovulated 8 days after chemical started? so you mean - 8 days after bleeding started? Right now Im kind of in limbo because my betas are dropping but I dont have any bleeding yet.?
August 15th, 2012, 01:17 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Yes, I started spotting the day I got my BFP, but had full on m/c bleeding a week later. It was 8 days after the full on m/c bleeding that I ovulated again, which was pretty close to what a "normal" cycle would have been for me if I hadn't gotten pregnant. With my regular miscarriage, it was around 5 weeks before I got AF again following the m/c.

August 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I had a chemical and like otehrs I didn't get my betas tested at all. I did however continue to try to get pregnant imediately after my chemical and didn't even have a regular cycle before becoming pregnant again... My due date changed from July 28th to Sept 15th and this is what I got Sept 10, 2010

Current picture:

August 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lots of hugs! I had a chemical in October last year, then had AF in November and got pregnant in December and this one stuck! Good luck!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search