Birth Control?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 07:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of birth control are all the mommies using?

We have not really been using any birth control besides condoms and we are not always that great at using those. My dr did prescribe me the mini pill but I'm just not a huge fan of the birth control pill so I haven't been taking it. We do want another one but I really do want to wait a while to get pregnant again so we are going to try to be more consistent with the condoms. I am breastfeeding so hopefully that is helping a little bit.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Well I am not a fan of the b/c pill either, I know so many accidental pregnancies that happened with it! I never got pregnant on it but I did mess up my cycle once by stopping in the middle of a pack and had a horrible bleed out that required me to go to the hospital.

Before that I used the Depo-shot, it was very effective but made me gain alot of weight, feel miserable and depressed.

Condoms are okay, DH doesn't mind using them but they can be a bit of a hassle -I considered only using condoms after my LO is born but I don't know now - I don't really want to have another baby right away.

I am considering getting an IUD, I prefer the methods of birth control you don't have to worry about every day, plus it's one of the most effective methods out there and something I wouldn't have to replace for years.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
August 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's not the most reliable for some but I just breastfed for a year+ I didn't get AF until Jax's first b-day. By then we were ready to TTC again. I'm not sure what we will do after this baby is born since I don't know if we're done or not...

August 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH got snipped a few weeks ago so right now we are using condoms until he has the all clear.

=May '05 and '11

August 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM
mom2moose
I got the Essure procedure, so I'm good to go.
August 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
When I'm not pregnant, to achieve or to avoid pregnancy, we use the Creighton Model of Natural Family Planning. It's modern and over 98% effective. It's not the old calendar rhythm method that's only 80% effective. We've never had an unplanned pregnancy.

August 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
We have such a hard time getting pregnant that we don't use anything. I've been pregnant 3 times in 18 years, all on purpose.
August 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
None right now (obviously)...i'm actually not sure what we'll do after we stop TTCing - with the Factor II diagnosis i can no longer take any type of estrogen birth control (pills, depo shot, etc)...i don't like IUDs...not sure husband will want to be snipped...leaving condoms i guess, not sure what else option-wise.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
August 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
None right now (obviously)...i'm actually not sure what we'll do after we stop TTCing - with the Factor II diagnosis i can no longer take any type of estrogen birth control (pills, depo shot, etc)...i don't like IUDs...not sure husband will want to be snipped...leaving condoms i guess, not sure what else option-wise.
There's always natural family planning. The modern methods- Creighton, Billings, and Sympto-Thermal all have over 98% effective rate at avoiding pregnancy, comparable to artificial methods. Just a thought.

August 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
right now being pregnant nothing but after i want to not have a baby for a long time if ever again so i will be looking at my options. no depo shot for sure and i suck at taking pills so ill go from there lol

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are NTNP/lazily TTC right now, but I'm not sure what we'll do after we are done having kids. Because of my clotting disorder (also Factor II), I won't be able to do hormonal birth control, and I am really not a fan of the idea of IUDs. I have really irregular and long cycles, so NFP for avoiding pregnancy would be tough. I'm guessing we'll use condoms or else just take our chances, knowing that we had such a hard time conceiving Eleanor.
August 16th, 2012, 04:27 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
We are NTNP. I can't stand birth control and Dh hates condoms. It took us 3 years to get Cody. We want another baby so we will see what happens.
August 16th, 2012, 05:44 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are starting TTC this month (September 1st is "go time" Lol). But we had been using LAM (lactation amenorrhea method) while Kieran was nursing exclusively. Once he started on foods, I was just a little more careful and we used condoms ocassionally, if my body was showing signs of possible ovulation. As it stands, I have only ovulated once and not even gotten a real period since before I was preggo with Kieran. So, LAM was rather effective for us.

If I knew we were not going to TTC for a while or were possibly done, I would do the copper IUD. I had it once before and had no complaints with it. So that will be our plan of action if we are considering stopping after the next one. But it isn't worth getting if you are only waiting til the baby is one or something. Which is why I didn't get it this time around. We get pregnant pretty easily, so we are fairly careful.
Shadeauxe likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I just wanted to chime in here... I suffered from infertility and partially breastfeeding my first i did not have a period for nine months.

SOOOOOO after Beau was born and he was EBF I was very surpised to become pregnant with Tessa without a PPAF... After Tessa I at least had two periods before becoming pregnant with baby.

As for after baby I have no flipping clue.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search