Your DH/SO?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Shadeauxe
  • 3 Post By missy123
  • 1 Post By martilynne
  • 1 Post By Belita

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tell us about your DH/SO? What does he do for a living? How long have you been married? If your pergnant, is he excited about the baby, nervous? If you've already had your baby, is he helping out alot with the baby? Tell us anything else that you want about your DH/SO?

My DH is an engineer at an automotive plant and he works way too much. I think since he is on salary, his boss thinks he can make him work all the time, drives me crazy. We have been married for 4 1/2 years. We got pregnant just a few months after we were married with our oldest child and DH was very nervous before he was born. he wasn't that nervous when I was pregnant with our second. he does try to help and he even gets up once during the night to give Jacob a bottle of pumped milk which really helps. He's not a big fan of changing diapers though..lol.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 16th, 2012, 04:35 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Dh is a iron worker. The hours can suck since they change for every job. The way the economy is he has been laid off a lot which makes things tight here. Right now he is on a job that should last awhile. He is going to take classes where he can go down in minds to work which I am not happy about. I guess it is in his blood since his dad was a coal miner. We have been together for over 4 years and married a little over 2 years. When dh isn't working we take turns taking care of Cody at night. That way I get a break and some sleep. When he is working he takes Cody Friday and Saturday. In the evenings after he gets home he helps with Cody so I cam cook dinner. I am very thankful for the help I get.
August 16th, 2012, 05:51 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
DH and I have been married for 3.5 years and have been together for a year before that. So pushing five years He is a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of a local non-profit. Basically, he does all the accounting work for a company like the United Way (just local and not national). He likes it and the hours are a cake walk (8-4, with 1/2 days on Fridays in the summertime). He only works with 6 other people too, which is nice because he likes them all.

At risk of sounding bi+chey...DH is not terribly helpful with the kids. But I don't really see that as his fault. He tries. His parents were horribly hands-off parents and he is kinda green when it comes to how to talk to kids, how to handle them, and such. But he has gotten better since Kieran came along. He seems to enjoy the toddler stage more than the baby stage. I can't say I get help all that often. But sometimes just going out for a couple hours or sleeping in til 10 on a Saturday morning is heavenly. So it's not that he is jerky about not helping. He just doesn't really have confidence and wasn't raised to be a "kid person." But he loves the kids and I think as they grow he will get better and better. He doesn't strive to be like his parents, so that is a start
August 16th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
My husband is a programmer at a software company. Our 18th anniversary will be this year. He is incredibly helpful with the baby and our son. He is a more affectionate person by nature than I am. He has even been converted to a cloth diaperer. That may change when the real poop arrives.
missy123 likes this.
August 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is in Biotech. He is sort of helpful. With the baby he doesn't help much because I'm all day nursing him, he hardly changes his diapers, but he is also working. On the weekend, he helps some, to hold the baby while I do something, but not much else. With the older one, he helps.

August 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is a marketing manager and is currently working 4-5 days a week out of state. It is driving him crazy as he misses miss S so much. He calls her at least 5 times a day and does "face time" with her... When he is home I don't see her much... he's too busy playing with her and loving on her. There is nothing about her that he does not do... she is his world. It is so different than my boys father who did absolutely nothing for them.

She is a daddys girl and he is all about her.
Pitridge, Shadeauxe and melissalaw like this.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

August 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH is in retail management. We've been together for 11 years and married for 4. He is an awesome daddy. For awhile he would do everything but rinse poopy diapers but now he'll even do that. Jax and Daddy are best buds. I work one day a week on one of DH's days off and they spend the whole day doing "boy" things.
missy123 likes this.

August 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband is a software developer for insurance companies. We've been together for two years and married for 10 months. He's excited and a bit nervous. He keeps talking about doing camping, scouts, and baseball games with Sean when he is old enough.
missy123 likes this.

August 16th, 2012, 08:08 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hubby is a auto damage adjuster for a small insurance company, it's a fancy term for looking at crashed cars. We've been together for 9 years, married for 8. He's a great help with the kids, even Cameron. He and Cameron have an hour of bonding time on the covered swing in the back yard every night, unless the weather doesn't cooperate.

=May '05 and '11

August 17th, 2012, 08:31 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
My DH is a chemist. He got his PhD right before Marsi was born and hasn't been able to find a job. He does have a temporary position with insurance right now which is great, but it is only until the end of the year. We have been married for almost 7.5 years! We dated 8 months before that and knew each other for a year before marriage. He loves Marsi! He was excited during my pregnancy with her. He was the full time SAHD from January to June while I worked. He bathes her every night and they have so much fun together. As far as the every day things like feedings or diapers, he doesn't do any of it now, but I don't really care. He cooks dinner while I feed the baby...fine with me. He finds other ways to help me out.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search