Sleeping Babies?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By geogeek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 05:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies how are your rainbow babies sleeping? Do they sleep through the night or are they up several times a night? For ones that are sleeping through the night when did they start sleeping through the night?

Jacob is 15 weeks old and still gets up atleast once and most of the time 2 times each night. He has never been that great of a sleeper. He usually goes down around 8 or 9 at night and is back up around 1 and then back up again around 4 or 5. Thankfully DH will help and usually gets up with him at the 1:00 feeding. With my first he was sleeping through the night by this point so I guess I got spoiled with him.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
WHAT??????

Your 15 week old only wakes up twice at night? I am officially jealous.

Let's just say I have certainly drawn the short end of the stick in the sleep department with both of my children. Thankfully, Liam has adopted better sleep patterns as a toddler. But Kieran.....we won't go there.

Liam slept through the night for the first time at 10 months, because I made him. We did a modified CIO plan where I went in and comforted him, but didn't pick him up and then left again. It stopped him waking up 8 times a night, but he woke at least once a night (usually after sleeping 8 hours, hence STTN) until he was about 18 months. Then it went down to a couple nights a week he woke up. And now we are "random wake ups." But he hasn't in over two weeks right now (watch him wakeup tonight). Kieran has never slept more than 5 hours in his entire life.
ohnicole likes this.
August 17th, 2012, 07:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL. I guess I got spoiled with my first son. He slept through the night very early so I just expected my second son to do that.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
August 17th, 2012, 08:50 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi has always been an amazing sleeper! I believe since January she only woke up one time a night and since May she has been sleeping the full 11 hours from 7:30-8 pm on unless she is going through a rough teething patch and then it is being soothed with a hand on her back and a binky. Like I said, I really lucked out with having a good sleeper.
melissalaw likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
My son was sleeping 8 hours by 3 months. My daughter has slept 7 hours once, but it's usually 3-4 hours before waking up. It seems like she wants to sleep longer, but something wakes her up (lost pacifier, uncomfortable) before she's ready.

Sleep hasn't really been a problem for me because I go back to sleep easily. I usually go to sleep when she does, which helps a lot. Also, my husband gets up with me during at least one feeding and stays awake while we watch something on the DVR. Subsequent feedings, he is a zombie.
August 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure how many times a night Jax would wake up when we were co-sleeping since I would just lift up my shirt When he was about 8-9 months old we put him in his own bed and he was sleeping through the night ever since (like 12 hours ). I think he would have been ready before that but I wasn't. He will wake up in the middle of the night occasionally, mostly when he was cutting a new tooth. I think we are finally done with that!

August 17th, 2012, 02:46 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Ethan is only 3 weeks so I'm thankful for 4 hours of straight sleep.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

August 17th, 2012, 04:28 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor is also on the total crap end of the sleeping spectrum

As a brand new newborn she would sometimes sleep 4 or 5 hours at a time, but as she got older she started waking to eat every 3 hours throughout the night, then when she hit about 5 months old, she started going crazy.... waking every half hour, waking up every time she hit the mattress needing to be walked again, just generally sleeping for total crap. I tried cosleeping, but actually gave it up when she was about 2 months old because she would nurse all night and wake up every 30 minutes wanting to switch sides. Basically no matter what we tried, she would wake 8-10 times every night.

Finally when she was almost 8 months I couldn't take it anymore and did some sleep training (CIO, but I stayed in the room with her and soothed her while she was in the crib). After almost a month, she was down to 1 waking each night for a feed, and in the last week she has had 3 nights where she slept straight through! I think I am about a year behind on sleep, so I'm happy to be able to start catching up
August 19th, 2012, 08:17 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cameron normally sleeps from 10:30pm until 6-7am. Sometimes he wakes up in the middle of the night and comes into our bed for a feeding.

=May '05 and '11

August 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Layne still wakes up 2 to 3 times a night. Sometimes he is up after a 4 to 5 hour stretch, but mostly it is still every3 to 4 hours. Twice he slept 7 hours and I never saw that again.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search