Oh I CLEARLY underestimated how much this would suck...

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...seriously. Did I forget how hard early pregnancy was? The anxiety I mean. Wow.

I actually feel more with this pregnancy than I remember with Kierans. Maybe I just forgot how hard it is (sorta like labor brain). But I am clearly kirking out. I can't even explain why!!

I mean, rationally, a loss would suck. But I can handle it. I have before, several in a row. And I know I am strong enough to handle it now. So why can I not stop analyzing every single thing??

I am a very rational person..and yet, I can't rationalize myself calm. BUMMER!

Nine more days til sonogram day. At least I wouldn't feel in limbo anymore once we see what might be happening in there. Right now, I feel like I am waiting for the bad to come.

Vent over....I know all the ladies in here know what I am talking about. Thus my letting it out here!
September 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
Oh yes. This is why Layne is our last baby. I do not think I could go through all that worry again. Your betas were excellent though. How far along are you?

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
September 21st, 2012, 01:11 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^It has seriously brought into question whether stopping at three might be for us. I can't imagine doing this two or three more times if, in fact, I have losses. It's nuts!

But I am just 5w1d today. My betas were very promising, but I only had two done. And I can't help but worry about the ping-ponging symptoms (they disappear for a minute, I panic!) and all the other stuff that "could" be wrong (blighted ovum, ectopic, etc, etc).

And it does seem related to the fact that getting pregnant was SO EASY. I mean, I know mamas who struggle to get and stay pregnant and it just seems that if this "fell" into my lap...there has to be a catch. And the fact that I am totally attached to having a Spring baby. I want this one to stick SO BAD.

But thanks for the kind words. I know you ladies have been through this and know all about how this feels
September 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is why I was really hoping, that even though it would be difficult, I was pregnant with fraternal boy/girl twins. I hope the first trimester flies by and you have a great ultrasound!

September 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i just want to reach out and hug you Ashlee & warp you to 2nd trimester so you'd be past some of the anxiety....i hope the u/s brings you some reassurance, the waiting & the worrying just sucks, no other way to say it.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 21st, 2012, 07:23 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
As far as symptoms go, I barely had any with this pregnancy and they came and went and he's ultra-healthy. So, don't worry about the presence or absence of symptoms, that doesn't tell the full story. Praying everything goes ok for you.

September 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Good luck! we are definately pulling for you and your sticky bean!

September 22nd, 2012, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
. It's totally normal as you know and sadly nothing anyone can say can really ease your mind. Once you see the HB, it will help a ton. Hang in there, only a few more days to go.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:21 AM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
As you are aware it is totally normal. I worried everyday I was pregnant with Cody. Since we had such a hard time keeping pregnant I was always waiting for the other shoe to fall. We want to try for another one. The one thing that keeps holding me back is knowing I will worry. I don't know if I can handle that again. I can't wait for your update after you have your ultrasound.
September 23rd, 2012, 08:02 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like you, fell pregnant very easy after having my first rainbow baby 2yrs ago. I have since had one more and one on the way. I was NTNP with my second rainbow and worried from the day I conceived her. With this third baby (my seventh) I actually had an IUD fail, and was so mixed up emotionally, as I knew the only reason I had bc put in place was due to never wanting to travel down this anxiety road again. The first month of being pregnant this time I was angry, sad, scared, excited and in love immediately. All at once. Kept saying how I just knew this was going to end in m/c cause I had already two back to back healthy pregnancy's and I HATED THAT I WAS GOING TO END ON THIS NOTE. I still worry, every day........it never did get easier, not with any of them. But IM GRATEFUL for all of my rainbows and know that this worry to shall end and I will hold "HOPEFULLY" in my arms the grand prize at the end. It is worth it, it just takes its toll on us.........Hang in there, and I pray all is just perfect at your u/s!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 24th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
Anxiety and fear are never logical. It's like a mechanical bull, you just have to hold on and ride it out.
September 24th, 2012, 09:02 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck at your sono!! I completely understand your fears. We want a third child but I am not looking forward to all the anxiety that comes with the first trimester of pregnancy. Please vent away and know that we are here for you.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm with you, ash! I think the moms in the DDC's have the typical anxiety, but until you've had a loss, you don't know the meaning of anxiety. I feel so different from my first pregnancy, the one that went just fine and all normal. Now I feel like my anxiety is just on a constant simmer with occasional flares. It doesn't help I've been spotting a lot lately. It just takes me right back to what happened last time.

I hope the time goes fast for us...but I also know it will probably drag, like it has been. Just have to keep getting up every morning.

I worry that my anxiety is going to hurt the baby somehow. I don't really feel like there's much I can do about it though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anxiety is the worst. Boo, anxiety! Leave Ash alone! But just think about that absolutely amazing feeling you'll have when you walk into your u/s, so twisted up inside because you're half sure that everything's gone wrong, and then you see your perfect little baby on that screen I hope time flies for you until then!

P.S. Somehow I missed your pregnancy announcement, and I'm so happy for you!
September 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^This was the announcement! Lol. Its just a little different for me this time, waiting for the foot to drop. So I am trying not to get too excited.

It's weird how the statistics are on my side. My levels rose nicely, my tests got darker like they should have, I do have some symptoms, I am taking care of the medicine aspect that would give my baby the best chance, i am not bleeding or excessively cramping, i am young and healthy. So realistically, I am probably in the 90% of all pregnancies that turn out fine. But my brain has it flipped around and I am so sure I have a 90% chance of something being wrong. That there wont be a baby on Monday. I don't even feel like I have a half-half chance.

And I can't help but think about the women who say "I just knew something was off with the pregnancy" when they have a loss. And that is how I feel. That there is "something wrong" with the pregnancy. Hence why I can't get excited or even happily nervous about the prospect of having a baby.

Monday is quickly approaching. I am 100% sure I will be crying before I ever step foot in the sonogram room. My appt isn't until 2pm and its an hour away. So I prolly won't be back to update til evening time. But any spare prayers you have would be appreciated. I don't really have a lot of support, since only my husband knows and he sucks at support. I refuse to tell anyone else until I know things are okay on Monday.
September 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM
StaceygirlPa's Avatar Waiting for our Miracle.
Send a message via AIM to StaceygirlPa
Sending you lots of prayers and thoughts for a wonderful heartbeat tomorrow.
October 2nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I totally understand. I just spent the past few weeks freaking out about my 20 week u/s, I was so sure there was going to be something wrong with this little guy Of course there wasn't but I guess that's just how our minds work after losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search