32 week appt.

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By melissalaw
  • 1 Post By L-SBB
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti
  • 1 Post By ohnicole
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I went to my appt yesterday - I had an u/s for a growth & CL check followed by my short chat and injection with one of the practitioners... Well, Annalise is doing well, although she is a bit stubborn & wouldn't let the tech get a pic of her face! She weighs about 3lbs 15oz and her HB was in the high 140 range. My cervix seems to be holding up - measuring at about 2.5 from the bottom of the funnel to the stitch Now that I am not too worried about the cervix giving out before she is big enough, there is another issue I have to wait and see about... there is a section of umbilical cord in the slight funnel in my cervix. The APRN I saw said that it can "float" back up before she settles into position since I'm still only 32 weeks, but it is something that the Dr. will want to watch. What the heck?!?!?! Can I get a break????

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

September 25th, 2012, 07:14 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like she is doing great. So glad your cervix is doing good. Sorry about the cord. Hopefully it will move back up before she settles into position. I can't believe that you are 32 weeks. It's going by so fast. Although I'm sure not fast enough for you.
~Tanya~ likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 25th, 2012, 07:23 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
i'm so glad she's doing ok & your cervix is holding up....i'm sorry about the cord, try not to worry (you do deserve a break, seriously!). When will they do another scan and confirm it did float back up (and maybe catch a peek at her face )?
~Tanya~ likes this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-SBB View Post
When will they do another scan and confirm it did float back up (and maybe catch a peek at her face )?
I am scheduled for an u/s on October 9th at 34 weeks. I wish I could just keep a constant u/s on my her to make sure everything is ok. I just worry I'm going to miss some subtle hint and something will happen Two weeks will not go by fast enough!

Melissa- I know, it's amazing that it has gone so fast! Less than 7 weeks now!

September 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I am glad to hear everything is going great except for the cord problem, usually those types of things resolve themselves and I wouldn't stress too much about it. I had similar problems with my pregnancy for Chelsea, first I had the placenta previa and it resolved itself. I had hoped it would spare me a c-section but around 38weeks I found out she was breeched and ended up having the c-section anyways!

So sometimes pregnancy just sucks like that, I am really glad to hear that your cevix has been holding up well though, I know that was a great concern to you. But in a few weeks you will be holding your little girl and all this stress during the pregnancy will have totally been worth the reward of having your baby
~Tanya~ likes this.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
September 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry that there is something new to worry about. It always seems like there is something to nag at you and give you anxiety during pregnancy :hugs:

I am so glad that everything else is going great, and I am crossing my fingers that the cord floats back up before your next u/s.
~Tanya~ likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your cervix is holding up! I hope her cord floats out of the funnel in time!
~Tanya~ likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are they going to do NST"S at this point? Might be a good idea with the cord the way it is to make sure weekly there is no stress on the baby. It would also give you piece of mind until the next u/s. I start the weekly NST's at 32wks myself, thats why Im asking. You could always ask?

She sounds super healthy and so do you at this point, AWESOME news!
~Tanya~ likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

September 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Someone needs to make something like an Angel monitor for babies in utero!
~Tanya~ and melissalaw like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
September 26th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof6lopez View Post
Are they going to do NST"S at this point? Might be a good idea with the cord the way it is to make sure weekly there is no stress on the baby. It would also give you piece of mind until the next u/s. I start the weekly NST's at 32wks myself, thats why Im asking. You could always ask?

She sounds super healthy and so do you at this point, AWESOME news!
I was supposed to be starting them at 34 weeks, but I'm not sure what the OB will decide to do. I go in on Monday for my weekly appt, so I'm sure they will have a plan in place then.

September 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I'm in the same boat as you... feeling like I can't catch a break! First it was the cervical polyp which led to surgery, then it was a yeast infection, then it was worry over GD since he was measuring so big, and now it is the "red flags" for early pre-eclampsia. I am so done having kids once this one is in my arms!!! Hang in there mama, just a few more weeks to go!

September 28th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Sarah! I hope the worries ease up for you - you are so close!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search