Wow~ One Month Already??

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I can't believe it's been one month today since I had Chelsea, can someone stop time or at least slow it down?? It's been a privilege being this little girl's momma though - despite the sleepless nights.

I wish I could be fairing better myself, not only recovering over a c-section but recently I have had problems with my gallbladder - landed myself in the ER and an ultrasound later found out I have gallstones - which has lead to a few agonizing attacks I am having to control with pain-meds. I have an appointment to see a surgeon for *sigh* yet again another surgery. I can't stand the pain and I heard that it isn't uncommon for some women to have their gallbladder go bad after pregnancy - the only problem is it keeps me from taking care of Chelsea as well as I'd like. Plus the pain meds make me feel groggy and I don't like the fact she is getting some of that via breast-milk. The doctor's said it was okay to take it while breastfeeding and I try to resist taking it unless I absolutely have to.

Another issue recently is I had gotten milk-fever and was sick for 2 days last week, this lead to some engorgement and I have since gotten over it but now my right-breast has a clogged duct. I have tried everything, from very hot showers, to massaging to pumping to using various different positions when feeding Chelsea. It has gotten a bit better but my milk-production has dropped dramatically. I use to get about 5oz out my right breast - but now sometimes I can't even get an ounce. Which SUCKS because now Chelsea is eating more and I am worried my supply can't keep up with her demand at times. Despite this I think I still manage to make enough since she is nursing and not crying on end out of hunger.

If any of you ladies know any techniques to get rid of this painful clogged duct I would greatly appreciate any advice. This so far has been the most difficult/painful thing I have encountered since brestfeeding.

Anyways other then that Chelsea is doing great - she is moving her head and picking it up - she is squirming more and even began making the most adorable cooing sounds !

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
September 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time. Taking care of baby while you are feeling rotten is no easy task. And it is so hard to know that illness is taking away some of the joy from precious moments :hugs:

I haven't had a plugged duct, but here are some tips from kellymom

I hope you start feeling better soon!
September 25th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry. Time can't slow down until after I give birth.

Sorry you're in so much pain. One of my friends had the gallbladder problem a couple months after giving birth. At least if you do have to have surgery Chelsea is still so little and not mobile so she'll be easier to take care of while you recover.

September 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like Chelsea is doing great. and you are so right time does fly by. I wish we could just bottle this time up.

Sorry about the gallbladder. I've never heard of it acting up after pregnancy. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery from it.

As far as the clogged milk duct, I got them all the time when I was breastfeeding Jackson. Sounds like you are doing everything to get it worked out. For me when I got it really bad, my dr called me in an antibiotic and it helped but I had mastitis from the clogged milk duct. The best thing that worked for me was a hot shower and I let the hot water pound on my breast. I would also massage down on my boob to try to work the milk from the clogged duct out. I could usually massage it enough to work it out. I hope you are able to get it cleared up and going soon. Clogged ducts are terrible.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
September 27th, 2012, 04:49 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
I have also heard to get a brush or comb and try to work out the clog with that.... for some odd reason it seems to work.

http://lindseysphotography.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search