Friday Take it or Leave it

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2012, 06:52 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Changing Table

For Mommies: Do you have a changing table set up in your house where you change baby or do you just change baby wherever you are?

For Pregnant Ladies: Do you plan on having a changing table set up in your house?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 5th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
For my toddler, it's wherever I can trap her to change her diaper. When she was little though I used a changing table religiously. So much easier on my back. We only stopped using it when she got too big for it. I already have it set up for the new baby.

October 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Never even bought a changing table. We use whatever is nearby, the couch early on, the floor later.

I actually find changing tables to be at an uncomfortable height for someone as tall as I am. I sorta have to bend to use them and it's just not that convenient. When I was a nanny, the parents ONLY used the changing table and I never understood how it could be comfortable. But they were both normal height. For anyone over 5'10" they seem more useless (on the whole).

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
October 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 of them in the house and never use them. One is piled high with DD's summer clothes to be packed away and the other is getting piled with the new baby stuff (needs to be washed). DH likes to use them thus the reason we have them.
I prefer the bed or couch or even floor.

October 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We got a changing table pad and put it on the bedside table that was in the "Used to be guest room", that is now the nursery. I use that occasionally, but we tend to change more diapers on the 1st level where we spend most of our time, which means the couch or floor

October 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're putting a changing pad on top of the dresser in the nursery. I don't expect to use it a lot, but I know that for the first few weeks of my niece's life it was a handy thing to have.

October 5th, 2012, 07:40 PM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
We have a changing table that sits on top of the dresser and I love it. I am 6' and it is the perfect height for me. There's no leaning over. Right now it is DD's dresser but we are switching ours with hers so that we can have it in our room when baby comes.

Here's a pic

October 5th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've just thrown a changing pad on top of a dresser.

October 6th, 2012, 11:51 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have a changing pad on top of one of Jax's dressers. When he was still sleeping in our room we had another changing pad in our room on to of the dog kennel. Since baby boy will be taking over Jax's room there will still be a changing pad in there. If Jax isn't potty trained by the time he switches rooms we will be putting a changing pad on a dresser in his new room. I will sometimes change pee diapers in the living room or where ever we are in the house but I just feel like the poop diapers are best taken care of on a changing table.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search