Nicknames?

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By LiamsMother
  • 1 Post By 8miraclez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 8th, 2012, 05:22 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies: Do you have a nickname for your LO?

For Pregnant Mommies: Do you have a nickname that you are already calling your baby?

When I was pregnant we called Jacob pancake because I craved pancakes like crazy early in my pregnancy. Now we have nicknamed Jacob our little monkey.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 8th, 2012, 06:35 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We call Kieran his name most of the time. But sometimes I will call him Fuzzhead. He used to have this delightfully soft fuzzy head. I loved rubbing it. Now that he has hair, it's not nearly as fun to rub. But his head is still kinda fuzzy. So it still works.

I don't really call Liam any nicknames anymore. He used to be peanuthead. Because he had a peanut head! But that grew and he is kinda big for a nickname like that right now. We just call him Liam or LT (his initials).

I call the baby pepperoni. No particular reason why (I don't crave pepperoni). My husband calls it super baby. Again, no idea why.
October 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
We call Liam Spuds because as as baby, he was light brown and bald like a potato. I've been calling Nolan Ducky, because on his 3d u/s he had a ducky mouth and a stuck up nose. That'll probably change once he's born.
LindseyE117, melissalaw and humnck like this.

October 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I call Natalie "lou" or "lou lou" I really don't remember how it started. I've called her lots of things but that's the only ones that stuck. She responds to it now which cracks me up!

When I was pregnant, we called her "LBT" for "Little Baby our last name" so I call this baby "LBT 2" We're creative like that around here!
October 8th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We call Reagan all kinds of nicknames, when I was pregnant with her we called her Kermit, that was DH's grandfather's actual name and we thought it was cute Now we call her Reaggybug, ladybug (the theme of her nursery was ladybugs), Reaggy Roo, Reaggy...when she isn't paying attention, I call her by her full name...lol!

With Addyson, we call her Addy, Addy Cakes, Sissy Cakes, Cakers, and Reagan calls her "my baby"...hehe!

October 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jax's full name is Jackson and we call him Jax 99% of the time. I also call him bubby, stinker, little guy.

This little guy in my belly is going to be named Asher and we will call him Ash. I mostly call him little guy, little brother, or mostly bugger.

October 8th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seanibear, Seanshane, and Shane. Also Bubby and Bubba.

October 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Natalie gets called Natikins, Nats, Nattie. When I was pregnant, we called her Smurf.

I don't have any nicknames for this one yet. My dh has decided Jr. Whopper is a great nickname though.
melissalaw likes this.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 9th, 2012, 09:41 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
We call Layne Rooster and Little Man. His hair is a little red. Plus it goes well with his name.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 9th, 2012, 05:09 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Well, Marsela is Marsi most of the time. She is also baby girl, bub, sweetie, pissy missy, little miss cranky pants and a variety of others depending on her mood.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 10th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
'Crazy Legs' when she first came home because she held her legs up high - she was breeched so we were told they would 'come down' and it was normal.

Other nicknames are Chelsea-girl,Chelly,Seashell, Sugar-Pie,Pumpkin, Boo-Boo,Chelsers,Chellybean and C-C

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
October 10th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My nickname for the baby was "Oreo" until I found out the baby was a girl... Now it's Annalise for me - the kids call her Lis & AJ-

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

October 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh my we've used so many nicknames with Savannah it's amazing she knows her own name We still use Baby Girl (which incidentally, she'll use for me and say "come here Baby Girl" and then hug me), Sweetpea, Munchkin & Stinkerdoodle (don't ask LOL). In past she's also been known as Mighty Dragon (pregnancy nickname), Savannahsaurus Rex, and Little Miss Crankypants

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
mom2moose
We are a family of nickname givers.

Morgan - Moose
Joe - Booger (long story. LOL)
Me: Carlos Spicy Weiner (I'm an idiot.)
Finnegan - Either Finn or Linus (he carries his blankie around like Linus.)
October 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
We call Kalyna a bunch of strange names haha her name is pronounced (Kah-Lynn-Ah)....I call her Linky, Linkoo, Goosey, Chicken....I wonder if she will develop some kind of complex from the oddity of the names

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search