Question for my c section mamas!

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2012, 08:03 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
Hey guys!

I really need to come on here more! I miss posting! But Ava just keeps me so busy.

Anyway, so I have a question. I ended up with an emergency c section with Ava and ever since my surgery I had had UPPER abdominal pain. It's right under my breast bone and center. It's a moderate pain and its almost a throbbing pain. It's been bothering me for a while so I finally went to my family doctor 2 days ago. He did blood work and I have a cat scan tomorrow morning to check for abnormalities. I was just curious if any of you have had something similiar? It's really strange. It may not be related to my c section what so ever but it started right after so I'm just assuming.

I'm hoping for good results with my cat scan. I hope it's nothing serious. :/

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
October 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
No advice as I haven't had a c-section, but I hope everything is fine.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 10th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
With Chelsea I had a regular scheduled c-section since she was breeched. However about 3 weeks out I started having horrible upper abdominal pain, I wasn't sure what was going on and an ER visit later they found out it was my gallbladder. I have surgery scheduled for the 26th of this month to get it removed, it took a 5 hour attack before I decided that.

I never had problems with my gallbladder before having my daughter, but I did sometimes have pain in my upper abdomen I attributed to my pregnancy. Gallbladder pain can hurt in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen or center, in the chest (it feels like you can't breathe/having heart attack), back and stomach. It can make you nauseous and vomit too.

I heard that when you are pregnant sometimes gallbladders just go bad because pregnancy messes with your entire body and you can come out of having a baby with problems you never had before.

I should also note my my CAT-scan they found fluid in my chest cavity and my heart was slightly enlarged, they attributed it to my pregnancy and I had a followup EKG on it - I was scared out of my mind something was wrong. Fortunately I got cleared for that - though sometimes I will have palpitations - but again postpartum hormones and all.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
October 10th, 2012, 06:13 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had a c-section but just want to say that I hope everything is okay. Let us know how your scan goes. I'll be thinking of you and praying for good results.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 10th, 2012, 08:36 AM
LindseyE117's Avatar Wookie's Girl
I got my gallbladder out years ago, but it does sound like that could be it. I've also heard that people get gallbladder issues while pregnant.

I never get pain at all from my c-section except when I'm starting to get feeling back on my incision. Other than that, it never bothers me at all.

Thank you Shortcake for my beautiful siggy!
October 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
I had a c-section and I never felt like this after the c-section. But, I did have throbbing abdominal pain during pregnancy. I had gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed while I was 14 weeks pregnant with Liam. So, I'm thinking that that's what's going on with you.

October 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't had a c-section so I'm not sure...I hope it's nothing serious!

October 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thinking about you! I don't know either, but I think you got some good responses

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search