Dads and Diapers

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mspkids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2012, 05:56 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For Mommies: Will daddy help with changing the diapers or does he want you to change all of the diapers?

for Pregnant Ladies: Do you think your baby's daddy will help with the diaper changing or want you to change all the diapers?

My DH will change Jacob's diaper but most of the time I have to ask him to do it. The only time he does it without being asked is when he gets Jacob up in the mornings and Jacob's diaper is about to explode.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 17th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dh is good about changing diapers once they are at least 8w old. He thinks they are too small for him before that. (Mind you my smallest has been 7lbs 4 ounces. No clue what he would have done if they were smaller)..

I do have to have a separate cloth stash for him and have them prepped and ready to go. He doesn't wash them either.

October 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH does everything he doesn't always change as frequently as I do but he is happy to do it and happy to use cloth, he is really good at snappiing a prefold on a newborn. He will even do diaper laundry as long as I have instructions posted telling exactly how to do it He is a very hands on daddy!

October 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
LucilleTwo's Avatar Andrea, mama to L & E
DH has always been good at diaper duty. He even has his fave cloth He's been awesome about changing the poop diapers during this pregnancy so I don't have to.

October 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
He is okay at it. I really don't care that he doesn't do it. He was a SAHD for several months and did tons of cloth diaper changes. He doesn't do the diaper laundry and I really don't care. I know I do laundry better than him and it means that I don't have to strip the diapers. If I ask him, he will do it. He helps me out a lot in other ways.

Thank you PrincessMom08 for my beautiful siggy!

October 17th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I know I do laundry better than him and it means that I don't have to strip the diapers
Mine has tried 3 times when I was traveling. All three times, I spent 2 days stripping afterwards. The worst was when he put dryer sheets in with them even though line 7 of instructions said clearly not to.
geogeek likes this.

October 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Kalynas_Mom's Avatar Super Mommy
DH changed probably 3 of DD's diapers in the 3 years she was in them haha He hates it with a passion. I don't really care as long as he helps out with everything else

August 8th 2012, 7 weeks
October 17th, 2012, 07:10 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He has no problem changing diapers, even cloth. I'm the only one that washes diapers and I stuff all the pockets right away so they are ready to go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search