Question for Mommies of Rainbow Babies 10/24

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 08:57 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your LO still rear facing in an infant carrier or have you turned them forward? If you turned them forward, at what age did you do this? Was your LO just too big to continue to face backwards?

Jacob is still in an infant carrier facing the rear of the car. I will leave him rear facing until he just gets too big to continue that way. My older child stayed rear facing until almost 2 when he just got too big and his legs didn't fit comfortably anymore.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
October 24th, 2012, 09:20 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Marsi is still rear facing. She will be until her current carseat RF limits are met. I expect that she will be really close to 2 years old before we turn her around. Depending on when we have another baby, we will turn her when the baby is close to being born if she hasn't reached the limits. In our car it can't RF anywhere but the middle of the back and we can't fit an infant seat next to it. So, we would have to turn her and place her behind the passenger seat with the infant seat behind the driver. But, since I am not pregnant or TTC, I am confident that she will reach the limits first.

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

October 24th, 2012, 11:18 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Yes we are still RF with bryson but Madison turned about her 2nd birthday.
I will keep him RF until it gets hard to buckle him like it was Madison.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
October 24th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Reagan is FF, we turned her around 20 months if I remember correctly. Addy is rear facing and we will try to keep her that way for a while still. She will be out of her infant carrier sooner than Reagan was because she is a bigger baby, so the hunt for a good RF/FF convertible seat begins

October 24th, 2012, 06:00 PM
ohnicole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleanor is still RF in her infant carrier, but we are going to have to keep an eye on her height and probably switch to a convertible seat soon. I am planning for her to RF until she meets the limits of her convertible seat.
October 25th, 2012, 04:48 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jax is in a convertible but is still rear facing. We will probably switch him around in Jan when we instal the base for baby Asher's seat. Jax will be about 2 years and 1 month old when we turn him around. I am really proud of how far we have made it RFing We would do it longer but it won't fit in our cars with the current seats we have and new car seats aren't in the budget.

October 28th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We bought extended rear-facing car seats, so Chloe will remain rear-facing until at least 2 years old, and we will see after that. Our convertible fits in our Forte rear-facing, so I don't expect any difficulties with making it until at least 2 years of age.

October 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hunter sat RF until she was 2 years 4 months I would have kept her RF longer (she is still really tiny) but she was bugging me to turn around, plus they had a carseat clinic so I had the Police install it forward facing and there is no way I am ever taking it out lol it took 4 cops plus 2 girls from safety city to install it!! I will keep the new baby RF until after 2 as well. I would have liked to keep her RF until 4 but it just wasn't in the cards

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

October 28th, 2012, 09:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Both of my boys are RFing (3y and 13mo). We don't have any specific plans for FFing any time soon. Liam has five pounds and about an inch before he outgrows his seat and needs to go FFing. But an inch of torso height could take two years, so I am not worried. Kieran is much bigger, so I have a goal of him making it to age two, which seems feasible for the limits and his growth.

I need to puzzle the three seats we are using in the car and see if they will even all fit in the middle row. If not, liam might go FFing in may when the newbie comes along, since he will move to the last row and it's hard to reach for buckling purposes. I'll do that at some point. Lol.
October 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im an oldy, and my kids went FF by 1yr. I might keep Selena longer RF because she is still comfortable this way, maybe 18 to 20mo. Mia went FF at age 1, she hates the car and needed the comfort of seeing us when we turn around. Now Mia will go to the back of the van, FF, and she is 2yr 2mo. The baby's will be in the middle of the van, RF.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

October 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kaiden was RF till last month...Maiya will be until she is around 2.5 also...
October 29th, 2012, 05:09 AM
mom2moose
I turned Finn right after 12 months. He screamed bloody murder and would choke and freak out. (Made going anywhere super fun.) So, I turned him FF, and he doesn't cry anymore. I get it's safer to be RF'ing, but for us, this is the only way that worked.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search