36 Week Appointment.... (xposted)

Forum: Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Pregnancy and Motherhood After Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I had my first cervical check today... turns out I had a little anxiety about it and it hiked the top number of my bp up a little!

Everything is looking good... my bp is staying where it should (aside from the anxiety), I'm not having much swelling, baby has stayed head down and my midwife says it's very unlikely that she'll move from that position at this point. We did the GBS swab and she sent me for bloodwork to check my iron and platelets. The cervical exam was much less traumatic than I expected. She just felt around a little to get an idea of how "roomy" my pelvis is. And she said that I have a very roomy pelvis!! hehe She said that, with the pelvis I have, an 11 pound baby wouldn't be a problem for me. Which shouldn't surprise me, considering my genes, but still! My cervix has come forward and is soft and starting to open, so all's good there. She did tell me that she expected me to go to my due date or a little past. And when I asked her if she had a sense of baby's size, she said that she expected her to be 8.5 or 9 pounds... Guess it's a good thing I didn't go overboard on the newborn clothes!

Oh, and she has most definitely not dropped yet. Turns out all the pressure I was feeling was just her getting bigger... I still get to look forward to that part!

November 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a good appt.

You may get lucky and not drop until in labor. Of mine, 5 of the 6 didn't until labor. Sadly this one already did and weighs about the same.

November 6th, 2012, 11:07 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Becky, I can't believe that you are 36 weeks. It won't be much longer now and you'll be holding your sweet baby girl. I'm getting so excited for you!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy and your delivery are very uneventful. And I can't wait to see pictures of Regan!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
November 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a great appointment! It sounds like aside from some anxiety that you and baby are doing great. Im so happy for you.
November 6th, 2012, 06:03 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great appt! I dont know how dr's can tell a woman she will go past her due date......giving birth is the most unpredictable moment ever! You may drop tomorrow and be dilated to 3cm! Im getting excited for you that your so close to holding your precious rainbow too!! Enjoy these last few weeks of only you and her, you will have to share her with the world only too soon!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

November 7th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I can't believe it's 36 weeks already I agree with Lori, it is so unpredictable, I had doctors tell me with both girls, you won't make it to your due date, man were they wrong! I hope you don't go past your due date, I want to see little Regan!! I know you do

Anyways, dropping for first timers usually happens before labor starts, but again, all pregnancies and labor are different. I don't think I dropped with either girl until I was in labor, for my Reagan, that meant that I was pushing for 2 hours, but for Addy, she descended nicely and I pushed for 20 min. Everything is so different from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy.

The internals are really not so bad, I always got so excited (gross, right...lol) to find out if I had progressed. With Reagan, it was always disappointing, with Addy, I progressed every week for the last few weeks, but I was always excited to have my internal...lol!

November 7th, 2012, 01:06 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh my goodness Becky i can't believe you're in the final days of your pregnancy! I can't wait to be sending you ELVs soon - glad everything is going well, you're in the home stretch & you'll be cuddling Regan before you know it

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 7th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe you're so close!!! I also didn't mind the cervix checks. It gave me hope even though it doesn't mean a lot.

Last edited by Belita; November 7th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
November 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!! We won't do another cervix check until I'm in labor, unless I go way over. As long as she waits until Sunday, she can come whenever she wants to as far as I'm concerned! Montana law says that if she comes before then I have to go to the hospital, rather than my midwife's birth center...

I think that the anxiety that I've been having is some leftover stuff to do with my losses... it's almost like I'm not letting myself believe that I'm actually going to get her. It might be that I'm trying to protect myself because there's part of me that still thinks that something will go wrong. I don't know... I'm going to see a counselor that my midwife referred me to. I'd rather work through whatever it is before her birth instead of having all of that mixed in with what I want to be a completely joyful time.

And yeah... I totally can't wait to meet her!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search